In order to provide convenience for Chinese visitors, the Yihao Hotel and Fenghuang Hotel in Kathmandu started to provide car rental or carpool service from Kathmandu to the Gyirong Port and then return on Nov.2. Chinese visitors from China to Nepal or from Nepal back to China can reserve the tickets. The tourism season of Tibet and Nepal overland tour will come.
From Kathmandu to Resuo Friendship Bridge
Driving: 160km, about 6 hours.
Ticket fee: 2500 Rupee or about 145 Yuan
Vehicle: Mahindrascorpio SUV
Departure Time: from Kathmandu – 03:00 / 04:00 on every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday; from Resuo Friendship Bridge – 12:00 on every Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
1. The road condition is far from satisfactory and risky after the earthquake on Apr.25, 2015. The transportation between Kathmandu to Resuo Bridge is still during its trial operation phase. The departure time will change based on passenger flow volume. There is not guarantee that the car will depart each day. If you have a plan to tour Tibet from Kathmandu or tour Nepal from Lhasa, please choose to take a flight in the recent time.
2. Please pay attention to the irresistible incidents, such as road obstacles, landslip, collapse or other natural disasters, or the temporary closure of Gyirong Port, the car will drive back and the ticket fee will not be returned.
3. The ticket fee just concludes the transportation fee from Kathmandu to Resuo Friendship Bridge. On the way, visitors might be charged 3390 Rupee or about 200 Yuan for the protection fee of Langdang Natural Reserve in Nepal.
4. In Tibet, the distance between Resuo Bridge and Gyirong Valley is about 27km, and visitors need rent the local car for transferring. In additon, there are different tourist vehicles in Gyirong Valley, operating to Lhasa or other cities in Tibet.
5. International Visitors need apply for Tibet Travel Permit from local Tibet Travel Agency and Tibet Group Visa from Kathmandu for their overland Tibet tour. There is also other limitations, please feel free to tell us your inquiry about Tibet Tour.