Nepal is a beautiful country located in the southern part of Asia. This central Himalayan country is beautiful beyond the words that can actually do justice to its beauty. Nepal attracts the tourists from all over the world with its variety and diverse types of enjoyments that it is capable of providing to its tourists. The basic attractions of Nepal are the diverse cuisines that it is capable of offering to the tourists and the various interesting activities that presents for the tourists. Amongst these various enthusiastic activities, the most favourite for the tourists are the trekking along the foothills of the Himalayas.
The mesmerizing sceneries that pass along with the route almost seem god gifted. Also Nepal is a very safe country to hang out with the friends group or exclusively with the family. Moreover the constant availability of the cuisines and the other facilities make it a luxurious travel site. Also the rich culture of Nepal long with the solemnity of Buddhism and the various festivals is enough to make the holiday to Nepal a memorable trip of the lifetime.
Best Time to Visit Nepal
During the months of December to February the weather during the daytime remains very preferable. However being the winter season, the night temperature drops very sharply. As a result even if you encounter remarkable weather during the daytime, the night might be extremely chilly and cold. Therefore it is best to avoid winters or the months from late December to February.
The chilliness in air continues more or less till April. From May till monsoon in the month of September the humidity in the weather is very high. As a result, the discomfort increases and also due to monsoon, many roads remain blocked during this time. Therefore you can take a chance to visit Nepal in between the months of May and September; however that is also not the best time.
The best time to visit Nepal is in the months of October, November and till middle of December. After the monsoon, the weather remains very fresh, the roads are clean. There is little possibility of rain and muddiness during this time of the year. Also the humidity lessens largely, giving way to a very comfortable weather. Thus this is considered to be the best time to bask in the grandeur of Nepal.
Top Things to Do in Nepal
As has already been mentioned, Nepal offers many varieties of experiences to the tourists making them wanting to come back to tour Nepal again and again. The cuisines are very attractive aspects of Nepal tour. Except for the cuisines, the authentic culture of Nepal and also the trekking facilities are some of the chief things to be done in Nepal. Here is enlisted some of the top things to do in Nepal.
1. Trekking the several routes on the foothills of Himalaya
This is one of the chief most attractions in Nepal. The most important of them is the trek up till the Everest Base Camp in Nepal. The trek is quite tough but the experience is going to be one of the best experiences of your life. Except for the Everest Base Camp trek, there are many other extraordinary trek routes like the famous Annapurna Base Camp trek, Upper Mustang Trek and finally last but not the least Langtang trek. It will provide you with some of the best Himalayan sceneries that will leave you thoroughly charmed.
2. Bird watching in Nepal
Variety is word that is almost synonymous with the word Nepal. Hence variety is not only exhibited in the cuisines and culture of Nepal but also in the natural aspect of Nepal. Try to visit the several national parks in Nepal like Bardia National Park, Chitwan National Park and other such famous national parks that have a great storehouse of the rarest species of animals like musk deer, Royal Bengal Tiger, one horned rhino and other birds and animals. These parks also provide immense scopes for bird watching.
3. Nepal culture consists of religious aspects a lot
In Nepal you will get an abundance of temples and pagodas even though Nepal is chiefly the follower of Buddhism. The must visit religious attractions in Nepal are – the famous Pashupatinath Temple, Kwa Bahal – the unique Buddhist monastery that has not been affected by the devastating earthquake of 2015, Seto Macchendronath Temple, Bodhnath Stupa and Garden of dreams. These are only some of the few examples of the abundant temples, pagodas and monasteries that Nepal contains.
4. Positively visit the market areas of Nepal
Nepal markets are some of the best markets in the world. Almost all the authentic items are found in these vast market areas of Nepal. All the items from food to materialistic are available in these markets. It can be said that these market areas are just the mini representations of Nepal as a whole. Also there are many important tourist attractions like the museums, the Gateway of Nepal, the Garden of Dreams, Patan Museum, Mul Chowk, the Asan Tole, Indra Chowk and many such other destinations.
5. Adventurous activities in Nepal
Nepal also has provisions for bungee jumping, water rafting, zip flying and many other such adventurous activities including paragliding and ultra light fights.
6. Mouthwatering Nepali Cuisines
Taste the cuisines with the authentic daal bhat of Nepal and the other delicious cuisines that are a savoring treat to the tongue. This will enrich the overall Nepal tour of yours.
How to Get to Nepal
Nepal can be reached by flight, train and buses also. A number of connecting flights are available from other important countries to Nepal. Kathmandu has a very elaborate airport. All the connecting flights are available from Kathmandu and to Kathmandu.
Also trains are available from chief Indian cities like Delhi. You can also visit Kathmandu or Nepal from Delhi, via bus or private cars. The fares for the bus start from 35 USD. The total journey however is very time consuming and takes about thirty five to thirty six hours which is equivalent to three days to get completed. The train fare from Delhi to Kathmandu is about 46 USD. It takes about one and a half day to reach from Delhi to Kathmandu.
From Tibet, an excellent overland journey is available. The journey constitutes of seven days overland trip from Lhasa, the capital of Tibet to Kathmandu, via Gyirong port.
Tips : The options of trains and buses are not available for non Asiatic countries. For them the only option is flight. Flights can be both connecting and direct. Usually the connecting flights pass through India. It might have stoppages in other countries too. Depending upon the stops and the route, the timing of the flights usually depend and also the fare. Usually the Kathmandu flights are lesser in fare compared to other flights. Also the facilities in the trains and flights are very elaborate and specific.
Packing List for Nepal Trip
Packing list for Nepal must be very elaborate, precise and careful. Nepal weather can sometimes be deceptive like every other Himalayan weather. Therefore packing needs to be very elaborate. Also Nepal is not that much of a high altitude country and hence altitude sickness is not a problem at all. However, if you go for the trekking, you need to be prepared even more. The basic packing list for touring Nepal are –
1. The first most important things to be packed will definitely be your travel documents. The various travel documents required for the trip are – the Nepal tourism Visa, your passport, a detailed photocopy of the first page of your passport, a scanned copy of your passport should also be kept. If you are making a trip between Tibet and Nepal, then positively carry the Tibet Travel Permit that is thoroughly checked at the Sino-Nepal Border. Except for these, keep your flight tickets or train and bus tickets handy too.
2. Clothes packing should be very elaborate. If you are intending to do some trekking in Nepal, then pack your clothes elaborately dividing them into woolen and cotton clothes. In the high altitude, woolens are absolutely necessary. Also, the inner wears should be sorted into woolen and cotton wears. If you are not intending to do any trekking plan then no need to pack extra luggage of clothes. Wash them and use them again and again.
3. In Nepal, one of the most significant things is to wear comfortable shoes. So try to provide utmost attention to comfortable shoes as well as always carry another pair of shoes.
4. Carry sunglasses and hats.
5. Carry your own bottle of water. You will definitely need to buy packaged water, but however better carry your won drinking bottle. Also always carry water purification tablet.
6. Rain jackets are a must while you travel to Nepal. Either carry a good quality rain jacket or an umbrella because it is always better to be safe than to be sorry.
7. Medicines should be carried also. Whether you go for hiking or not, medicines of every kind should be kept. Though Nepal is not situated at a very high altitude, still if you go for trekking, positively keep some medicines to combat giddiness during high altitude trekking.
8. Except for these materials, you will also have to carry the nick knacks of the toilettes.