10 Days Best Everest Trekking Small Group Tour from Tingri to Everest Base Camp
(TTGT010) Lhasa - Yamdrok Lake - Shigatse - Old Tingri - Trekking to EBC - Lhasa
- based on double occupancy;
- 3-star accommodation level in low season;
- international airfare is not included;
- price is subject to change according to group size and payment methods;
Join-in small group with fixed departure!
Based on your Group
Easy - suitable for all levels of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; experienced in high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
This 10-day Tibet Everest tour will take you on a journey through the best of Tibet and Everest. Starting from Lhasa, you will visit the famous Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple. Then you will take a scenic drive to Shigatse via the beautiful Yamdrok Lake and the historic town of Gyantse. Next, comes the popular 4-day trekking from Tingri to Everest Base Camp. Along the way, you will witness breathtaking views of the Himalayas, including Mount Everest, close to nature and local villages.
Within 12 pax per group, this small group trekking tour in Tibet will bring you a once-in-a-lifetime experience by visiting and trekking with like-minded tourists from all over the world with qualified professional trekking supports at the best local price.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrival in Lhasa (3650m)Day 2
Lhasa Tour - Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street (B)Day 3
Lhasa - Shigatse via Gyantse 360 km(B)Day 4
Shigatse to Tingri (B)Day 5
Trekking from Tingri to Lungjiang (Trek Duration: 6-7 hours) (B, L, D)Day 6
Trekking from Lungjiang to Lamna-la (Trek Duration: 8 hours around) (B, L, D)Day 7
Trekking from Lamna-la to Zombuk/Chaya Pass (Trek Duration: 6-7 hours) (B, L, D)Day 8
Trek to Rongbuk and Everest Base Camp (Trek Duration: 3-4 hours) (B)Day 9
EBC to Shigatse (B)Day 10
Shigatse to Lhasa; Depart from Lhasa (B)
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival in Lhasa (3650m)
When you arrive in Lhasa either by train or by flight, your guide will greet you and take you to your hotel. Tourists may view the YarlungTsangpo River/ Bhamaputra River (the Longest and largest river in Tibet) and Lhasa River on their way to Lhasa. After arriving in Lhasa, you can take a rest and get acclimatized to the high altitude. If you feel to go out, then you can go to the Potala Square, where you will enjoy the fountain with different colors and get amazing photos of the Potala and around.
For the new-comers of Tibet, to get acclimatized to the high altitude in Tibet. Having a good sleep in your hotel is a good option. Don not rush to visit attractions inside Lhasa city.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 2: Lhasa Tour - Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street (B)
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace which is the winter palace of the Dalai Lama. It was put to use since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections of the Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and the meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
Then after lunch, tourists head to Jokhang Temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve. Outside, you can see pilgrims making prostrating in front of Jokhang Temple. Around the temple is Barkhor Street, where you can do kora (a religious circle of a building or mountain) with pilgrims and locals, and explore the old market.
Besides, we can taste Tibetan tea with locals in the tea house; The welcome dinner will also be arranged accordingly.
With time permitting, you may go with a tour guide to visit Tibetan handicraft art or Tibetan Traditional Medicine center. You can upgrade your service to enjoy Tibetan Culture Show in the evening (fr. 60USD)
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 3: Lhasa - Shigatse via Gyantse 360 km(B)
In the morning, drive from Lhasa to Shigatse. On the way, drive over the Gampala pass (4790 m), and you will have a glimpse of Yamdrok-tso (4400m). The Lake is surrounded by many snow-capped mountains and in the distance, you can have spectacular views of Holy Mount NyenchenKhangsar, (7191m) the highest mountain near Lhasa.
Later, we will pass and enjoy the Korola Glacier on the roadside; At Manak Dam Lake, you can hang pray flag at Simila Mountain Pass; Then, we will arrive in Gyantse, historically Tibet's third largest city (after Lhasa and Shigatse).
In Gyantse, we will visit the famous Pelkor Monastery and Gyantse Kumbum and enjoy the Far view of Gyangtse Fortress.
After one and a half driving, we arrive in Shigatse, which is the second largest city in Tibet. After checking in at the hotel, you can have a good rest.
Stay overnight in Shigatse.
Day 4: Shigatse to Tingri (B)
After breakfast, we will visit the home of Panchen Lama - Tashilunpo Monastery. It stands among the six most sacred Buddhist temples in Tibet and was built, in 1447, by the 1st Dalai Lama.
Then, we will take the tour vehicle and head to Tingri. Your guide will do preparations for the trek, while you may have a good view of Cho Oyu.
Stay overnight in Tingri.
Day 5: Trekking from Tingri to Lungjiang (Trek Duration: 6-7 hours) (B, L, D)
On the first trekking day, we will start trekking to Lungjiang in the Tingri plain. The Trekking route will pass part of the Ra-chu Valley, we will see the beautiful valley scenery with extensive meadows and packs of sheep and goats. The rest of the day we can visit a small Monastery in Choelun. This region is home only to herders and barley harvesters.
Stay in camp in Lungchang.
Day 6: Trekking from Lungjiang to Lamna-la (Trek Duration: 8 hours around) (B, L, D)
Today is the second trekking day. The challenging trekking really starts as we go up into the mountains. Much uphill walking will be done as we climb towards the top of the Lamna-La pass (5097m). The awesome panorama of some of the highest mountains in the world is just laid out before you.
Day 7: Trekking from Lamna-la to Zombuk/Chaya Pass (Trek Duration: 6-7 hours) (B, L, D)
Starting in the morning, the third day’s trek will allow us to meet the yak herders and their families. Our camp will be pitched in the small village of Zombuk. You are about to view the amazing sunset in this barren village.
Day 8: Trek to Rongbuk and Everest Base Camp (Trek Duration: 3-4 hours) (B)
Day 9: EBC to Shigatse (B)
Day 10: Shigatse to Lhasa; Depart from Lhasa (B)
Drive from Shigatse to Lhasa airport/railway station. Tour Ends.
Notice: Please make sure your flight (or train) leave after 14:30pm.
Tour Cost & Schedule in 2023
|Starting Date||Price From||Booked||Book Now|
|2023-09-29(Fri)||US$ 1880||4 Guests Booked||Request Booking|
- All travel permit and all other necessary permits for this trekking;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Knowledgeable English-speaking local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on the group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Cooking gear etc.(Group size 1-4 persons, the guide will cook as well, kindly help the guide during the trek, thank you; Group size from 5 persons or more, we will arrange a cook separately for the group.);
- One shared big Oxygen tank in the car;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- Domestic flight/train to Tibet not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- The above tour price does not include single room supplement. If you prefer to stay in one room by yourself, you will have to pay the single room supplement. And the exact price depends on market fluctuation in high and off season of Tibet tour. For the exact price, please refer to your travel consultant.
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
8 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp Small Group Tour
Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Everest Base Camp - Lhasa
10 Days Lhasa to EBC and Namtso Lake Small Group Tour
Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Mt. Everest - Namtso - Lhasa
15 Days Kailash and Manasarova Tour
Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - E.B.C - Lake Manasarova - Kailash Trek - Saga - Shigatse - Lhasa
15 Days Gama Valley Trekking in the Eastern Slope of Mt. Everest
Lhasa-Yamdrok Lake-Shigatse-Trek (Youpa, Eastern Slope of Mt.Everest BC, Lhundupling)-Shigatse-Lhasa
Get Started - 10 Days Best Tingri to Everest Trekking Small Group Tour