Most Recommended Tibet Small Group Tours for Expats
Here we offer the best-selected Tibet small group tours for all expats in mainland China in 2021. Guaranteed departures with Tibet Travel Permit Application and no hidden-cost. Welcome all of you from low-risk areas in mainland China to travel Tibet and meet new friends with us.
8 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp Small Group Tour: marvel at Mt.Everest real close
Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Everest Base Camp - Lhasa
From USD860 p.pView Details
15 Days Kailash and Manasarova Small Group Tour: A pilgrim’s final fantasy and the greatest overland trip in Tibet.
Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - E.B.C - Lake Manasarova - Kailash Trek - Saga - Shigatse - Lhasa
From USD1880 p.pView Details
10 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp and Namtso Lake Small Group Tour
Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Mt. Everest - Namtso - Lhasa
From USD1190 p.pView Details
6 Days Travel to Sky Lake - Lhasa and Lake Namtso Small Group Tour
Lhasa - Namtso Lake - Lhasa
From USD750 p.pView Details
Top-rated China Tibet Tours from Major Gateway Cities
Find more Tibet tours from the city you live in or you want to visit before entering Tibet. All of our Tibet tours from the popular gateway cities in mainland China include the transfer and the Tibet travel permit application service. The real worry-free choice for your Tibet tour in 2021.
Beijing Tibet Tour
Beijing, the capital of China, is not only a popular city for domestic tourists to enter Tibet, but also home to many expats who want to travel to Tibet. Of course, not only expats in Beijing, but also in nearby cities such as Tianjin, Shijiazhuang, or further northeast, like Shenyang, Changchun, and Harbin, Beijing is the preferred city to travel to Tibet with both train and flight to Tibet.
Recommended Beijing Tibet Tours
- 6 Days Classic Beijing to Lhasa Train Tour
Train from Beijing - Lhasa - Namtso Lake - Lhasa
- 8 Days Beijing to Lhasa and Namtso Lake Tour by Train
Train from Beijing - Lhasa - Namtso Lake - Lhasa
- 14 Days Mt.Everest Adventure Tour from Beijing by Train
Beijing - Train to Lhasa - Lhasa - Namtso Lake - Shigatse - EBC - Lhasa
- 12 Days Beijing Tour and Lhasa to Everest Tour
Beijing - flight to Lhasa - Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - EBC - Lhasa
- 18 Days Beijing Lhasa Mt.Everest and Mt. Kailash Tour by Train
Beijing - Train to Lhasa - Lhasa - Gyangtse - Shigatse - EBC - Saga - Mt.Kailash - Lhasa
Shanghai Tibet Tours
For expats living in the Yangtze River Delta, Shanghai is the best city to enter Tibet. The well-developed high-speed railway network connects Shanghai with neighboring cities such as Nanjing, Hangzhou, Suzhou, and so on. Whether you take a train or a plane from Shanghai to Tibet, it is quite convenient.
Recommended Shanghai Tibet Tours
- 8 Days Classic Shanghai and Tibet Tour by Train
Train from Shanghai - Lhasa
- 9 Days Shanghai Lhasa and Namtso Tour by Flight
Shanghai - Flight to Lhasa - Lhasa - Namtso Lake - Lhasa
- 10 Days Shanghai Lhasa Everest Base Camp Tour by Train
Trai from Shanghai - Lhasa - Yamdrok Lake - Shigatse - EBC - Lhasa
- 11 Days Tibet Tour from Shanghai
Shanghai - Train to Lhasa - Lhasa - Namtso Lake - Shigtase - EBC - Lhasa
- 14 Days Shanghai Chengdu Lhasa Xi'an Beijing Tour
Shanghai - Chengdu - Train to Lhasa - Lhasa - Xi'an - Beijing
Guangzhou Tibet Tour
There are over 80,000 foreigners living in Guangzhou, while over 30,000 living in Shenzhen. With both the train and flights to Tibet, Guangzhou is the popular gateway city to enter Tibet in southern China. Also, thanks to the high-speed railway between Guangzhou and Hong Kong, many tourists in Hong Kong choose to get to Guangzhou first and then start their trip to Tibet.
Recommended Guangzhou Tibet Tours
- 8 Days Classic Guangzhou and Lhasa Tour by Train
Train from Guangzhou - Lhasa
- 13 Days Guangzhou Xining Lhasa and EBC Tour by Train
Guangzhou - Xining - Train to Lhasa - Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - EBC - Shigatse - Lhasa
- 11 Days Guangzhou Xi'an Lhasa and Heavenly Namtso Lake Tour by Train
Guangzhou - Xi'an - Train to Lhasa - Lhasa - Namtso Lake - Lhasa
- 11 Days Guangzhou Xining Lhasa and Shigatse Tour by Train
Guangzhou - Xining - Train to Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Lhasa
- 11 Days Guangzhou Xi'an Lhasa and Nyingchi Tour by Train
Guangzhou - Xi'an - Train to Lhasa - Lhasa - Nyingchi
Chengdu Tibet Tour
Chengdu is the main city in the southwest, and even in the whole country, for entering Tibet. It has the most frequent daily non-stop flights into Tibet, as well as trains to Tibet that leave every other day. Meanwhile, the Sichuan-Tibet highway is also a popular self-driving route into Tibet. If you have never been to Chengdu, you can also choose to stay in the Land of Abundance for a few days before entering Tibet to see the lovely pandas, taste the delicious hot pot, and enjoy the local leisurely life in Chengdu.
Recommended Chengdu Tibet Tours
- 6 Days Chengdu and Lhasa Essential Tour by Flight
Chengdu - Flight to Lhasa - Lhasa
- 7 Days Classic Chengdu Lhasa Train Tour
Chengdu - Train to Lhasa - Lhasa
- 10 Days Chengdu Impression and Lhasa to Everest Cultural Tour
Chengdu - Leshan Giant Buddha - Flight to Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - EBC - Lhasa
- 11 Days Classic Chengdu and Lhasa to EBC Tour via Qinghai-Tibet Railway
Chengdu - Train to Lhasa - Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - EBC - Lhasa
- 12 Days Tibet Tour Chengdu by Train
Chengdu - Train to Lhasa - Lhasa - Namtso Lake - Shigatse - Lhasa - Chengdu
Xining Tibet Tour
Xining, the start point of the famous Qinghai-Tibet railway, is one of the best transfer city to Tibet. No matter where you live in mainland China, you can easily get to Xining by train or by flight. Also, there are many attractions in Xining that worth a visit before your Tibet tour, such as the Qinghai Lake, Kumbum Monastery, and Dongguan Mosque.
Recommended Xining Tibet Tours
- 5 Days Classic Xining Lhasa Train Tour
Tibet Train (from Xining) - Lhasa
- 9 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp Tour with Tibet Train Experience
Tibet Train (from Xining) - Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - EBC - Lhasa
- 10 Days Xining to Lhasa and Sacred Namtso Lake Tour
Xining - Qinghai Lake - Train to Lhasa - Lhasa - Namtso Lake - Lhasa
- 7 Days Xining and Central Tibet Culture Tour by Train
Tibet Train (from Xining) - Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Lhasa
- 11 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp and Namtso Lake Tour by Train
Tibet Train (from Xining) - Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - EBC - Lhasa - Namtso Lake - Lhasa
Chongqing Tibet Tour
Chongqing, one of the fastest developing cities in southwest China, provides both direct flights and trains to Tibet. It is also the city famous for the Yangtse River cruise and Three Gorges travel. Whether you live in Chongqing or want to visit this mountain city as a part of your China Tibet tour, you can find a satisfactory Chongqing Tibet tour here.
Recommended Chongqing Tibet Tours
- 7 Days Chongqing Lhasa Train Tour
Tibet Train (from Chongqing) - Lhasa
- 10 Days Lhasa Mt.Everest Tour from Chongqing by Train
Tibet Train (from Chongqing) - Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - EBC - Lhasa
- 10 Days Highlights of Chongqing and Lhasa to Sacred Namtso Tour
Chongqing - Lhasa - Namtso Lake - Lahsa
- 9 Days Classic Chongqing and Lhasa to Shigatse Tour
Chongqing - Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Lhasa
- 12 Days Chonging and Lhasa to Nyingchi and Tsedang Tour
Chongqing - Lhasa - Nyingchi - Gyantse - Tsedang - Lhasa
Xi'an Tibet Tour
Located in the middle of the Yellow River Basin, Xi’an is an important transportation hub linking Tibet with Beijing, Hebei province, Henan province, the Yangtze River Delta, and other east and north regions of China. You can either enter Tibet by train or by flight from Xi’an.
With thousands of years of history, Xi’an is also a famous tourist city and a good place to learn about Chinese history with its famous Terracotta Warriors and Horses, the ancient city wall, the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, etc.
Recommended Xi'an Tibet Tours
- 8 Days Classic Xi'an and Tibet Tour by Train
Xi'an - Tibet Train (from Xi'an) - Lhasa
- 9 Days Xi'an to Lhasa and Heavenly Namtso Tour
Xi'an - Lhasa - Namtso - Lhasa
- 10 Days Xi'an to Lhasa and Shigatse Tour by Train
Xi'an - Tibet Train (from Xi'an) - Lhasa - Shigatse - Lhasa
- 11 Days Xi'an to Lhasa and EBC Tour
Xi'an - Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - EBC - Lhasa
- 18 Days Xi'an to Lhasa and EBC and Mount Kailash Tour
Xi'an - Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - EBC - Saga - Lake Manasarova - Mt. Kailash - Shigatse - Lhasa
Yunnan Tibet Tour
Yunnan with stunning natural beauty and colorful ethnic culture is another hot travel destination in China. In fact, there are direct flights to Tibet from Kunming, Shangri-La, and Lijiang in Yunnan. It is an amazing journey to visit Yunnan and Tibet together to enjoy the most charming culture and landscapes of China, to experience the wild China that you can never imagine in the modern cities.
Recommended Yunnan Tibet Tours
- 10 Days Yunnan Shangri-La to Lhasa Tour by Flight
Lijiang - Shangri-la - Lhasa - Shigatse - Lhasa
- 11 Days Lijiang Chengdu and Lhasa Namtso Tour
Lijiang - Chengdu - Lhasa - Namtso - Lhasa
- 12 Days Yunnan Xining and Lhasa EBC Tour
Kunming - Xining - Lhasa - Shigatse - EBC - Shigatse - Lhasa
- 14 Days Kunming Lhasa Everest Namtso Chengdu Flight Tour
Kunming - Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - EBC - Lhasa - Namtso Lake - Lhasa - Chengdu
- 12 Days Yunnan to Tibet Overland Tour
Lijiang - Shangri-la - Deqin - Zuogong - Ranwu - Pomi - Nyingchi - Lhasa
Need more information on Tibet tour planning?
Please scan the QR code to contact us on WeChat for one-on-one travel information services.
Book with Confidence
- Covid-19 refund commitment if your tour is canceled due to COVID-19;
- 21-day No-fee Flexibility of your trip that can be transfer free of charge up to 21 days before departure;
- Body Temperature measuring every day during your whole trip in Tibet;
- Only tourists from COVID-19 low-risk areas are accepted;
- Guaranteed departures for a group of two or more people;
- Guaranteed Refund for any cancelation made by us;
- Always at your service with a fast reply via WeChat, phone call, and online consultant.
Most Common Questions about Tibet Tours for Expats
1. How do China expats get Tibet travel permit?
Since you already have a Chinese Visa, you need to provide the colored copies of your valid passport and Chinese Visa to us once you book your Tibet tour with us. Also, you need to provide a certificate to prove the purpose of living in China.
After the permit is issued, it will be sent to your residence in mainland China so that you can bring it with you to take the flight or the train to Tibet.
2. How many days required to visit Tibet?
The shortest journey in Tibet takes 4 days, covering 2 days sightseeing in Lhasa and one day for arrival, and one day for departure. It is one of the most popular Tibet tours among first-time travelers to Tibet.
The famous Everest Base Camp tour from Lhasa takes 8 days, while the general Mount Kailash tour from Lhasa takes 15 days, covering 3 days of kora around Kailash.
We highly recommend you to spend 7 to 10 days in Tibet to get the best of this holy land in one go. Also, you can customize your own trip to Tibet according to your interests and time. Just tell us what you want to see, where you want to go, and what you want to experience in Tibet, our local travel experts will help you arrange the best trip to Tibet.
3. How far in advance should I book my Tibet tour?
Generally, it takes 14 workings days for the issuance of the Tibet travel permit. So it is suggested to book your Tibet tour at least 1 month in advance. Once the permit is issued, it will be sent to your address in mainland China. So you need to allow sufficient time for delivery.
If you choose to travel Tibet during peak seasons, such as the summer holidays in July and August or the National Day Golden Week, then you will need to book your trip even further in advance.
4. What is the best way to get to Tibet?
Now you can enter Tibet by plane, train or road. Among these ways, the best way to enter Tibet is by air. Most major cities in mainland China now have flights into Tibet. Chengdu, Chongqing, Xi'an, Xining, Kunming, and some other cities near Tibet have frequent direct flights every day. Usually, the direct flight to Tibet takes about one to two hours. Connecting flights to Lhasa from Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, etc. take about 7 hours. It is really convenient and fast compared to the train to Tibet which can take more than 20 hours.
Of course, if you have enough time, it is recommended to experience a Tibet train tour. There are currently seven railway routes into Tibet in mainland China, all of which pass through the famous Qinghai-Tibet Railway. It is a great chance to enjoy the amazing landscape of the Tibet plateau on board the train.
5. When is the best time to visit Tibet?
From April to October are all good seasons for sightseeing in Tibet. If you want to visit Everest Base Camp to see Mt. Everest, the best time to go is April, May, September, and October, when it is less rainfall and you have more chances to enjoy a clear view of the peak of Mt. Everest.
Summer and Autumn are the best seasons to visit Mount Kailash and Lake Manasarovar for the warm temperature in northwest Tibet. Though summer is the rainy season, there is less rainfall in the Ngari region.
August is the best time to experience Tibetan festivals, such as the Shoton Festival, the horse racing festivals, and Ganden Thangka Festival.
If you are looking for a budget tour in Tibet, winter is the best time for you. You can get more discounts and deals in the low season (December, January, and February).
We’ll get back to you within 24 hours.