5 Days Lhasa Winter Tour and Pilgrimage Trekking Path
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all levels of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
This tour covers the historical sites like the Potala palace, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor street and all the three biggest monasteries in Tibet, Drepung monastery, Sera monastery and Ganden monastery. It is very interesting to circle around Ganden monastery, where you can see meditation cave with the beautiful view of Lhasa valley.
Also Drak Yerpa is one of the holiest hermitages in Tibetan Buddhism and has 80 meditation caves and lots of temples. If interested, you can also choose a cave to do meditation, which is a different experience that you can not get in other places.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrive in LhasaDay 2
Lhasa tour - Potala Place, Johkang Temple, Barkor Street (B)Day 3
Lhasa Tour - Drepung and Sera Monastery (B)Day 4
Lhasa - Drak Yerpa - Ganden - Lhasa (B)Day 5
Departure from Lhasa (B)
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Lhasa
When you arrive in Lhasa either by train or flight, your guide will greet you and take you to your hotel .An route to view the Yarlung Tsangpo River/ Bhamaputra river (the Longest and largest river in Tibet) and Lhasa river.
After arriving in Lhasa ,you can take a rest and acclimatize to plateau environment. If you feel to go out, then you can go to the Potala square, where you will enjoy the fountain with different colors and get amazing photos of the Potala and around.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 2: Lhasa tour - Potala Place, Johkang Temple, Barkor Street (B)
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace which is the winter palace of the Dalai lama. It was put to use since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
Then after lunch, tourists head to Jokhang Temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century, in order to promote the Buddhist religion. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve, perhaps the only most venerated object in Tibetan Buddhism. Around the temple is Barkhor street where you can do kora (a religious circle of a building or mountain) with pilgrims and locals, in the meantime you can buy souvenirs.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 3: Lhasa Tour - Drepung and Sera Monastery (B)
In the morning ,you are going to visit Drepung monastery which is one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1416 by Jamyang choge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. Ganden palace used to be Dalai lama’s palace in the Drepung before he moved to the Potala palace.
In the Afternoon, Tourists will visit Sera Monastery which is another one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1419 by Jamchen Chojey, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. The hot attraction is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 4: Lhasa - Drak Yerpa - Ganden - Lhasa (B)
In the morning, you are going to Drak Yerpa which is one of the holiest sites in Tibetan Buddhism. It is located on a hillside in the Yerpa Valley, some 30 km northeast of Lhasa. This ruggedly beautiful site is riddled with more than 80 meditation caves, some thought to be pristine Buddhism.So,you have to trek to visit entire chapels and meditation caves.
In the afternoon, we drive to Ganden Monastery which is one of the “Three Great” Gelugpa monasteries,founded by the Great Tsongkhapa in 1409. It is very interesting to trek Lingkor(circle) around the monastery and you can also see the crack of rock, magically made by Great Tsongkapa and his meditation cave with the beautiful view of Lhasa valley.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 5: Departure from Lhasa (B)
The guide will transfer you to the airport or train station and help you get on board.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
5 Days Gaden Ngachen Chenmo Festival Tour in Winter
7 Days Winter Tour to Everest Base Camp
Lhasa-Gyantse-shigatse- Everest Base Camp
9 Days Central Tibet Winter Tour with Premium Cultural Destinations
Lhasa - Tsedang - Gyantse - Shigatse - Lhasa
12 Days Tibet Winter Tour to the Historical Sites along the Brahmaputra River
Lhasa- Nyingchi - Tsedang- Shigatse- Lhasa
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 5 Days Lhasa Winter Tour and Pilgrimage Trekking Path