7 Days Winter Tour to Everest Base Camp
(TETW001 ) Lhasa-Gyantse-shigatse- Everest Base Camp
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all levels of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
Lhasa & Everest tour is one of the most popular adventure tours in the world, especially in winter. Visitors will cross the mighty Himalayas and view the panorama of the world’s highest peaks. This tour covers three old biggest cities in Tibet, Lhasa, Gyantse and Shigatse. You can appreciate the prominent historical and religious sites like the breathtaking Potala Palace on the snow-capped hill, divine Jokhang Temple, as well as the expansive Drepung, Sera monastery, Gyantse kumbum and Tashi lhunpho monastery in Shigatse and the nature scenery like sacred yamdrok lake and Karo Glacier with the mighty Himalayas and the world highest mountain Everest.
Tibet in winter is more beautiful than in summer. You can see turqoise Yamdroktso lying in the arms of snow-capped mountains, and breathtaking snowscape of Mt. Everest, which is a visual feast in the snow world. All of this will repeatedly stir you with astonishment and appreciation and will keep the trip memorable.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrival in Lhasa（3650m）Day 2
Lhasa tour: Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street (B)Day 3
Lhasa (3650)to Shigatse(3900m) (B) via lake Yamdrok /Gyantse/Tashi lhunpo monasteryDay 4
Shigatse (3,900m) to Everest Base Camp (5,200) via lhatse/Gyatso Pass/shegar/ (B)Day 5
Everest Base Camp (5,200m) return to Shigatse (3,900m) Rongbuk MonasteryDay 6
Shigatse (3,900) to Lhasa (3,650m) (B)Day 7
Depart from Lhasa (B)
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival in Lhasa（3650m）
When you arrive in Lhasa either by train or flight, your guide will greet you and take you to your hotel .An route to viewing the Yarlung Tsangpo River/ Bhamaputra river (the Longest and largest river in Tibet) and Lhasa river. After arrive in lhasa, you can take rest and acclimatize. If you feel to go out, then you can go to the Potala square, where you will enjoy the fountain with different color and get amazing photo of the Potala and around.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 2: Lhasa tour: Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street (B)
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace, the winter palace of the Dalai Lama. It has been used since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collection are the gilded burial stupas of past Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
After you take lunch and then head to Jokhang temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century, in order to promote the Buddhist religion. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve, perhaps the single most venerated object in Tibet Buddhism.
Around the temple Barkhor street where you can do kora (circling the Barkhor street) with pilgrims and locals and buy the souvenirs.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 3: Lhasa (3650)to Shigatse(3900m) (B) via lake Yamdrok /Gyantse/Tashi lhunpo monastery
Today, we have to drive from Lhasa to Gyantse. On the way, passing over the Gampala pass (4790 m),you will have a glimpse of Yamdrok-tso (4400m) .The Lake is surrounded by many snow-capped mountain and in the distance you have spectacular views of Holy Mount Nyenchen Khangsar, (7191m) the highest mountain near Lhasa .Gyantse was historically known as the Tibet's third largest city (after Lhasa and Shigatse). In Gyantse, we will visit the famous Pelkor Monastery and Gyantse Kumbum. After one and a half hour's driving, we arrive in Shigatse, which is the second largest city in Tibet. In Shigatse, we’ll visit Tashilhunpo Monastery, the seat of Tibet's second highest incarnation, the Panchen Lama.
Spend the night in Shigatse
Day 4: Shigatse (3,900m) to Everest Base Camp (5,200) via lhatse/Gyatso Pass/shegar/ (B)
We’ll leave Shigatse after getting your Alien’s travel permit, and then drive to Lhatse, it is a small town where you can take lunch. After that, you will drive to Shegar and if the weather is clear enough then on the way down to shegar you will view the Mt, Everest in the distance. After 4 to 6 hours’ drive, then you will arrive at Rongbuk monastery but on the way, you will pass one of the highest Pass in Tibet (pang la pass height 5050m) from that’s pass you will view the whole five highest pick in the world.
Stay overnight at tent or Rongbuk monastery guest house.
Day 5: Everest Base Camp (5,200m) return to Shigatse (3,900m) Rongbuk Monastery
In the morning, you can see the sunrise over the top of Mt Everest, and have a full view the magnificent Mt. Everest standing like a snow-capped pyramid in front of you at Rongpuk, which is the vantage point for watching Mt. Everest. Then you may trek from tent to Base camp 4/km one way or go to EBC by local bus. After base camp, you can visit Rongphu Monastery which is the highest monastery in the world (5000m) and belongs to Nyingma sect. After that drive back to Shigatse
Stay overnight in Shigatse
Day 6: Shigatse (3,900) to Lhasa (3,650m) (B)
Today, we are supposed to back to Lhasa on the friendship Highway. The whole distance is almost 280km and it takes 6 hours along the Yarlung Tsangpo River / Bhamaputra River (the Longest and largest river in Tibet).
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 7: Depart from Lhasa (B)
The guide will transfer you to the airport or train station and help you get on board.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
5 Days Short Visit to Lhasa from Nepal in Winter by Air
Kathmandu - Lhasa
5 Days Best Winter Lhasa Tour Option
9 Days Central Tibet Winter Tour with Premium Cultural Destinations
Lhasa - Tsedang - Gyantse - Shigatse - Lhasa
12 Days Tibet Winter Tour to the Historical Sites along the Brahmaputra River
Lhasa- Nyingchi - Tsedang- Shigatse- Lhasa
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 7 Days Winter Tour to Everest Base Camp