12 Days Trekking Tibet Everest Base Camp: from Tingri to EBC via Ra-chu Valley
(THT001 ) Lhasa - Yamdrok Lake - Shigatse - Old Tingri - Trekking to EBC - Sakya - Lhasa
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all levels of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
Tingri to Everest Base Camp provides a heady mix of solitude, wildlife sighting and physical challenge. You will accomplish 70 km trekking in 4 days and the route of Tibet trekking is on the plateau with altitudes ranging from 4400m to 5200m. On the way to Everest Base Camp you will have enough time to explore the valleys and glaciers below the massive north-face of Mt. Everest and view the most magnificent scenery on the world's highest mountain.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrive in Lhasa by Train or by FlightDay 2
Lhasa Tour - Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street (B, D)Day 3
Lhasa Tour - Drepung monastery, Sera monastery(B)Day 4
Lhasa/Yamdrok-tso lake/Gyantse (3950meters)Day 5
Gyangtse/Shigatse/Old TingriDay 6
Trek to Lungchang(4510 m) (5 hours/12km/150m up)Day 7
Trek to Nam-La (5150 m) (8 hours/21km/200m up)Day 8
Trek to Zommug (4790m)(8hours/22km/360m down)Day 9
Trek to Rongbuk (5100m) and EBC (5200m)(15km/6hours/290m up)Day 10
Sakya to LhasaDay 12
Departure from Lhasa
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Lhasa by Train or by Flight
When you arrive in Lhasa either by train or flight, your guide will greet you and take you to your hotel. Tourists may view the Yarlung Tsangpo River/ Bhamaputra river (the Longest and largest river in Tibet) and Lhasa river on their way to Lhasa.
After arriving in Lhasa, you can take a rest and get acclimatized to high altitude. If you feel to go out, then you can go to the Potala Square, where you will enjoy the fountain with different colors and get amazing photos of the Potala and around.
For the new-comers of Tibet, to get acclimatized to the high altitude in Tibet. Having a good sleep in your hotel is a good option. Don not rush to visit attractions inside Lhasa city.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 2: Lhasa Tour - Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street (B, D)
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace which is the winter palace of the Dalai lama. It was put to use since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
Then after lunch, tourists head to Jokhang temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve. Outside, you can see pilgrims making prostrating in front of Jokhang Temple. Around the temple is Barkhor street, where you can do kora (a religious circle of a building or mountain) with pilgrims and locals, and explore the old market.
Besides, We can taste Tibetan tea with locals in tea house; The welcome dinner will also be arranged accordingly;
With time permitting,you may go with tour guide to visit Tibetan handicraft art or Tibetan Traditional Medicine center. You can upgrade your service to enjoy;Tibetan Culture Show in the evening (fr. 60USD)
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 3: Lhasa Tour - Drepung monastery, Sera monastery(B)
In the morning ,you are going to visit Drepung monastery which is one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1416 by Jamyang choge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. You can visit biggest monastery kitchen inside the monastery and enjoy Buddhist Sculpture Carving workshop near Drepung.
In the Afternoon, Tourists will visit Sera Monastery which is another one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet. The hot attraction is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon. In addition, you can tour the Tibetan religious scripture printing house; inside the monastery, you can see three sand Mandalas and colorful Rock Painting of Buddha.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 4: Lhasa/Yamdrok-tso lake/Gyantse (3950meters)
By using the Friendship Highway , we will make our way to Gyantse, and reach Kambala pass which is at an altitude of 4794m high. Overlooking deep turquoise Yamdro-tso Lake from the top of the pass Kangpa-la which is 4700m above the sea level, you can see the fabulous shade of Yamdro-tso Lake that resembles a coiling scorpion with deep blue in colour. Then we will head for Gyangtse, and visit the famous stupa - Gyangtse Kumpum, one of the most stunning architectural wonders in Tibet.
Stay overnight in Gyantse
Day 5: Gyangtse/Shigatse/Old Tingri
We will have a early start in the morning and drive to Shigatse that is 90km from Gyangtse and visit Tashilunpo Monastery and the spectacular tombs of Panchen Lamas in Shigatse. Then we drive along Friendship Highway to Old Tingri via Lhatse and Shegar. Your guide will do preparations for the trek, while you may have a good view of Cho Oyu.
Stay overnight in local guest house or dorm bed
Day 6: Trek to Lungchang(4510 m) (5 hours/12km/150m up)
Our trekking begins from Old Tingri all the way to the Tingri plain. The Trekking route will pass part of the Ra-chu Valley, we will see the beautiful valley scenery with extensive meadows and packs of sheep and goats. The rest of the day we can visit a small Monastery in Choelun. This region is home only to herders and barley harvesters.
Stay in camp in Lungchang
Day 7: Trek to Nam-La (5150 m) (8 hours/21km/200m up)
Day 8: Trek to Zommug (4790m)(8hours/22km/360m down)
Start In the morning, the trek will allow us to meet the yak herders and their families. Our camp will be pitched in the small village of Zommug. Trekkers are about to view the amazing sunset in this barren village.
Day 9: Trek to Rongbuk (5100m) and EBC (5200m)(15km/6hours/290m up)
On our last day of trekking we will wind our way to the final destination, i.e.Rongbuk and Everest Base Camp. Along the way we can also visit the Dza Rongbuk monastery. There remains historical sites.
Stay at Tent guesthouse
Day 10: Rongpuk/Shegar/Lhtase/Sakya
We will have a short ride from Rongpuk to Lhatse, then follow the Friendship Highway back to Sakya. You may relax by enjoying the Xiqian hot spring near Lhatse.
Stay at Sakya Hotel
Day 11: Sakya to Lhasa
The last itinerary for this trip is to visit the famous Sakya Monastery. The Sakya tradition inside Sakya Monastery is one of the four main Buddhist schools in Tibet. It was from here that the whole of Tibet was governed during the period of Sakya hegemony and even now there are buildings of historic importance to be seen here. (The largest book in the world is in Sakya's great library, written with gold)
Stay in the hotel in Lhasa.
Day 12: Departure from Lhasa
Our guide will accompany tourists to the airport or railway station to see you off. With that wraps up the entire tour.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
8 Days Shalu to Nartang Trek
Lhasa - Yamdrok Lake - Gyantse - Trekking for 2 days - Shigatse - Lhasa
12 Days Trekking from Nyenchen Tanglha to Holy Lake-Namtso
Lhasa - Ganden Monastery - Damxung - Trekking - Namtso Lake - Yangpachen - Lhasa
15 Days Challenge to Everest Advance Base Camp Trek [6500M]
Lhasa - Shigatse - EBC -Base Camp1-Interim Camp -Base Camp2- ABC
15 Days Gama Valley Trekking in the Eastern Slope of Mt. Everest
Lhasa-Yamdrok Lake-Shigatse-Trek (Youpa, Eastern Slope of Mt.Everest BC, Lhundupling)-Shigatse-Lhasa
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 12 Days Classic Trek from Tingri to EBC via Ra-chu Valley