10 Days Eastern Tibet Tour to Explore the Natural Beauty
(ETT004) Nyingtri - Lhasa
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
The beauty of Nyingchi is proudly compared to that of Switzerland. This tours features snow-capped mountains, glaciers, and lakes, grassland and wild flowers, villages and farmlands, which makes Nyingchi a major draw for numerous photographers both home and abroad.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrived at Nyingchi Airport (3100m)Day 2
Nyingchi (3100m) to Bomi (2750m) and Visit Cypress tree, Mt. Sekyim la, View of Namcha Barwa, and Lulang Forest (B)Day 3
Bomi to Rawo (3900m) and Visit Midui Glacier, Ranwu Lake (B)Day 4
Enjoy the Sunrise of Ranwu Lake and Drive to Nyingchi (3100m) from Rawo (B)Day 5
Enjoy the Natural Scenery along Niyang River from Nyingchi to Lhasa(3650m) (B)Day 6
Lhasa Tour - Potala palace, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor Street (B)Day 7
Lhasa Tour - Drepung Monastery and Sera Monastery (B)Day 8
Lhasa (3650m) to Lake Namtso (4718m) via Nyenchen Thanglha Range (B)Day 9
Lake Namtso (4718m) to Lhasa (3650m) (B)Day 10
Depart from Lhasa (B)
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrived at Nyingchi Airport (3100m)
Upon you arrival in Nyingtri by flight, our local tour guide will welcome you at the airport, transfer to hotel by private car.
Stay overnight in Nyingtri.
Day 2: Nyingchi (3100m) to Bomi (2750m) and Visit Cypress tree, Mt. Sekyim la, View of Namcha Barwa, and Lulang Forest (B)
Today, firstly we are about to visit the Great Cypress Nature Reserve area, which is 15 kilometers southeast of the Bayi Town, The king cypress in the reserve is about 50 meters tall and is about 2,500 years old.
Then we will drive to Sekyim la Pass (4720m) and enjoy the great Mt. Namjia Bawa (7,700m) in the distance. Then, continue to drive to the bushy Lunang Forest with an elevation of 3700m, and it is a typical highland meadow strip, and both sides of Castle Peak from low to high from the dense bushes, spruce trees and pine. The distant clouds, the snow-capped mountains, the endless pines and the quiet pastoral displayed a beautiful landscape.
Then we will reach Bomi.
Stay overnight in Bomi.
Day 3: Bomi to Rawo (3900m) and Visit Midui Glacier, Ranwu Lake (B)
In the morning, we will set off to our destination today- Ranwu Lake.
On the way, we stop at Midui Village to visit Midui Glacier famed as the most beautiful glacier in China. Midui Glacier was converged by two ice falls, and there were primitive forests between the two ice falls.
Then we continue heading to the Rawo Lake, which is situated at the southwest 89km Basu County. Rawok Lake is the main headstream of the Yarlung Tsangpo River confluent. The snow-capped mountains, forests, and lakes are all combined together here to make it beautiful as paradise.
Stay overnight in Rawo.
Day 4: Enjoy the Sunrise of Ranwu Lake and Drive to Nyingchi (3100m) from Rawo (B)
We will get up early today to enjoy the sunrise of Ranwu Lake. After taking photos here at Ranwu lake, we will drive back to Pome via G318 China National Highway.
From Rawu to Palongzangbu of Bomi, it’s one of the most beautiful parts of Sichuan-Tibet overland road. We recommend you to stop on the way frequently to take pictures, because there are snow-capped mountains, forests and lakes along the way.
Then drive back to Nyingchi (Bayi) town. Today’s itinerary involves around 8-9 hours driving, do have a nice sleep before.
Stay overnight in Nyingchi.
Day 5: Enjoy the Natural Scenery along Niyang River from Nyingchi to Lhasa(3650m) (B)
Day 6: Lhasa Tour - Potala palace, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor Street (B)
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace, the winter palace of the Dalai Lama. It has been used since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections are the gilded burial stupas of past Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
After you take lunch and then head to Jokhang temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century, in order to promote the Buddhist religion. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve, perhaps the single most venerated object in Tibet Buddhism. Around the temple Barkhor street where you can do kora (circling the Barkhor street) with pilgrims and locals and buy the souvenirs.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 7: Lhasa Tour - Drepung Monastery and Sera Monastery (B)
In the morning, you are going to visit Drepung monastery which was one of the “ three greet” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1416 by Jamyang choge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. Ganden palace is used as Dalai lama’s palace in the Drepung before moving to the Potala palace.
Afternoon, Sera Monastery---It was one of the “three great” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1419 by Jamchen Chojey, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. The highlight is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 8: Lhasa (3650m) to Lake Namtso (4718m) via Nyenchen Thanglha Range (B)
In the morning, drive from Lhasa to Lake Namtso. On the way, you can see Nyenchen Thanglha ( snow mountain ranges )and lots of nomads tent with grazing yak and sheep densely-populated around the mountain side.
Namtso Lake is the Heavenly lake which is one of the four holy lakes of Tibet and also the highest salt lake. You can do a very relaxing trekking around the lake side and Tashi Island. To spend a night at lake shore is fantastic to see the stars.
Stay overnight in Namtso Guest House.
Day 9: Lake Namtso (4718m) to Lhasa (3650m) (B)
Enjoy the clear morning at the lake shore, you can trek along the lake shore to Tashi Dor Island to explore the meditation caves. Drive to Dumxung to have lunch.
In the afternoon, you may enjoy Yangpachen hot spring (Optional) and have both indoor and outdoor swimming pool filled with hot springs water.
Finally head back to Lhasa.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 10: Depart from Lhasa (B)
You will be transferred to the airport for your departure flight to next destination.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
8 Days Tibet Amazing Forest and Mountains Tour
Lhasa - Namtso Lake - Nyingchi
12 Days Tibet Tour to the Historical Sites along the Brahmaputra River
Lhasa- Nyingchi - Tsedang- Shigatse- Lhasa
12 Days Hongkong to Tibet Travel through Nyingchi with Low Altitude
Hongkong - Chengdu - Leshan - Pomi - Ranwo - Basumtso - Lhasa (Namtso) - Hongkong
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 10 Days Eastern Tibet Tour to Explore the Natural Beauty