8 Days Tibet Amazing Forest and Mountains Tour
(ETT006) Lhasa - Namtso Lake - Nyingchi
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
The eastern Tibet offers tourists a completely different picture of stereotyped Tibet. Travelling eastwards along Kyichu river and Niyang river, tourists can experience a whole new world of lush vegetation, mild climate and fertile farmland and harmonious village life. Tourists will visit sacred Basum-tso lake, lofty Namjia Bawa Mountain and couldn’t help capturing the beauty of eastern Tibet.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrived in Lhasa (3650m)Day 2
Lhasa Tour - Potala Place, Johkang Temple, Barkor Street (B)Day 3
Lhasa Tour - Drepung and Sera Monastery (B)Day 4
Lhasa (3650m) to Lake Namtso (3718m) via Nyenchen Thanglha Range (B)Day 5
Lake Namtso (3718m) to Lhasa (3650m) via Yangpachen Hotspring (B)Day 6
Lhasa (3650m) to Nyingchi (3100m) and Visit Mila Mountain Pass, Basum Lake (B)Day 7
Nyingchi Tour - Cypress Reserve Area, Sekyim La pass, and View Mt. Namjia Bawa (B)Day 8
Departure from Nyingchi Airport (B)
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrived in Lhasa (3650m)
When you arrive in Lhasa either by train or flight, your guide will greet you and take you to your hotel .An route to view the Yarlung Tsangpo River/ Bhamaputra river (the Longest and largest river in Tibet) and Lhasa river.
After arriving in Lhasa ,you can take a rest and acclimatize to plateau environment. If you feel to go out, then you can go to the Potala square, where you will enjoy the fountain with different colors and get amazing photos of the Potala and around.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 2: Lhasa Tour - Potala Place, Johkang Temple, Barkor Street (B)
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace which is the winter palace of the Dalai lama. It was put to use since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
Then after lunch, tourists head to Jokhang Temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century, in order to promote the Buddhist religion. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve, perhaps the only most venerated object in Tibetan Buddhism. Around the temple is Barkhor street where you can do kora (a religious circle of a building or mountain) with pilgrims and locals, in the meantime you can buy souvenirs.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 3: Lhasa Tour - Drepung and Sera Monastery (B)
In the morning ,you are going to visit Drepung monastery which is one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1416 by Jamyang choge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. Ganden palace used to be Dalai lama’s palace in the Drepung before he moved to the Potala palace.
In the Afternoon, Tourists will visit Sera Monastery which is another one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1419 by Jamchen Chojey, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. The hot attraction is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 4: Lhasa (3650m) to Lake Namtso (3718m) via Nyenchen Thanglha Range (B)
In the morning, drive from Lhasa to Lake Namtso. On the way, you can see Nyenchen Thanglha ( snow mountain ranges )and lots of nomads tent with grazing yak and sheep densely-populated around the mountain side.
Namtso Lake is the Heavenly lake which is one of the four holy lakes of Tibet and also the highest salt lake. You can do a very relaxing trekking around the lake side and Tashi Island. To spend a night at lake shore is fantastic to see the stars.
Stay overnight in Namtso Guest House.
Day 5: Lake Namtso (3718m) to Lhasa (3650m) via Yangpachen Hotspring (B)
Enjoy the clear morning at the lakeshore, and you can trek along the lake shore to Tashi Dor Island to explore the meditation caves. Drive to Dumxung to have lunch.
In the afternoon, you may enjoy Yangpachen hot spring (Optional) and have both indoor and outdoor swimming pool filled with hot springs water.
Finally head back to Lhasa.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 6: Lhasa (3650m) to Nyingchi (3100m) and Visit Mila Mountain Pass, Basum Lake (B)
Today we drive along the National Highway No. 318 from Lhasa to Bayi Town (Nyingchi). On the way, we will drive over the Mila pass (5013m) and reach Kongpo Gamda town.
Then head to the Basom tso lake which is around 360km east of Lhasa. Basom tso Lake, situated at 3,500 meters above sea level, originates from Nyching Tangha Mountain and is dozen kilometers long. Snow-covered mountains, glaciers and trees are reflected upon the lake’s rippled surface. There are small islands in the middle of the lake with Lamaist temples built upon them.
Then we continue drive along the Nyiyang Riveren route to Bayi town.
Stay overnight in Nyingchi.
Day 7: Nyingchi Tour - Cypress Reserve Area, Sekyim La pass, and View Mt. Namjia Bawa (B)
Today, firstly we are about to visit the Great Cypress Nature Reserve area, which is 15 kilometers southeast of the Bayi Town, The king cypress in the reserve is about 50 meters tall and is about 2,500 years old.
Then we will drive to Sekyim la Pass (4720m) and enjoy the great Mt. Namjia Bawa (7,700m) in the distance. Then, continue to drive to the bushy Lunang Forest with an elevation of 3700m, and it is a typical highland meadow strip, and both sides of Castle Peak from low to high from the dense bushes, spruce trees and pine. The distant clouds, the snow-capped mountains, the endless pines and the quiet pastoral displayed a beautiful landscape.
Then drive back to Nyingchi.
Stay overnight in Nyingchi.
Day 8: Departure from Nyingchi Airport (B)
The guide will transfer you to the airport and help you get on board.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
9 Days Central Tibet Tour with Premium Cultural Destinations
Lhasa - Tsedang - Gyantse - Shigatse - Lhasa
10 Days Eastern Tibet Tour to Explore the Natural Beauty
Nyingtri - Lhasa
12 Days Hongkong to Tibet Travel through Nyingchi with Low Altitude
Hongkong - Chengdu - Leshan - Pomi - Ranwo - Basumtso - Lhasa (Namtso) - Hongkong
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 8 Days Tibet Amazing Forest and Mountains Tour