11 Days Best of Tibet Tour with EBC
(ETT005) Lhasa - Shigatse - EBC - Lhasa - Nyingchi
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
This tour includes all the main attractions of east, middle and west of Tibet, and gives tourists a panoramic view of forests, glaciers, rivers and lakes and help tourists have a deep understanding of Tibetan culture by visiting almost all the major monasteries and palaces in different areas of Tibet.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrive in Lhasa（3650m）Day 2
Lhasa Tour -Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor Street (B)Day 3
Lhasa Tour - Drepung Monastery and Sera Monastery (B)Day 4
Lhasa to Gyantse (3950m) and Visit Yamdrok Lake, Karo Glacier, and Gyantse Kumbum (B)Day 5
Gyantse (3950) to Sakya(4300m)Day 6
Sakya(4300m) to EBC(5200m)Day 7
EBC (5200m) to Shigatse (3900m) (B)Day 8
Shigatse(3900m) to Lhasa (3650m) (B)Day 9
Lhasa (3650m) to Nyingchi(3100m) and Visit Basum Lake (B)Day 10
Nyingchi Tour - Cypress Forest, and Mt. Namjia Bawa (B)Day 11
Depart from Nyingchi Airport (B)
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Lhasa（3650m）
When you arrive in Lhasa either by train or flight, your guide will greet you and take you to your hotel .An route to viewing the Yarlung Tsangpo River/ Bhamaputra river (the Longest and largest river in Tibet) and Lhasa river.
After arrive in lhasa, you can take rest and acclimatize. If you feel to go out, then you can go to the Potala square, where you will enjoy the fountain with different colour and get amazing photos of the Potala and around.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 2: Lhasa Tour -Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor Street (B)
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace, the winter palace of the Dalai Lama. It has been used since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collection is the gilded burial stupas of past Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
After you take lunch and then head to Jokhang temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century, in order to promote the Buddhist religion. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve, perhaps the single most venerated object in Tibet Buddhism. Around the temple Barkhor street where you can do kora (circling the Barkhor street) with pilgrims and locals and buy the souvenirs.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 3: Lhasa Tour - Drepung Monastery and Sera Monastery (B)
In the morning, you are going to visit Drepung monastery which was one of the “three greet” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1416 by Jamyang choge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. Ganden palace is used as Dalai lama’s palace in the Drepung before moving to the Potala palace.
Afternoon, Sera Monastery---It was one of the “three great” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1419 by Jamchen Chojey, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. The Most attraction is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 4: Lhasa to Gyantse (3950m) and Visit Yamdrok Lake, Karo Glacier, and Gyantse Kumbum (B)
In the morning, drive from Lhasa to Shigatse .
On the way, drive over the Gampala pass (4790 m), you will have a glimpse of Yamdrok-tso (4400m) .The Lake is surrounded by many snow-capped mountain and in the distance you have spectacular views of Holy Mount Nyenchen Khangsar, (7191m) the highest mountain near Lhasa .Gyantse was historically Tibet's third largest city (after Lhasa and Shigatse).
In Gyantse, we will visit the famous Pelkor Monastery (also known as Gyantse Kumbum) . The Kumbum has nine floors and each tier has unique chapels. It is considered the largest stupa in Tibet.
Stay overnight in Gyantse.
Day 5: Gyantse (3950) to Sakya(4300m)
In the morning, we will drive towards Shigatse. In Shigatse, travelers will visit the famous Tashi Lhunpo Monastery where you can see the well-preserved largest statue of Jampa (future Buddha) in the world. This monastery is the seat of Tibet's second highest incarnation, the Panchen Lama.
In the afternoon the group drives towards the Sakya county where tourists can visit the famous Sakya Monastery which was founded in 1073 and was taken as the principal monastery of the Sakya sect of Tibetan Buddhism. Sakya monastery consists of two parts, northern and southern monastery. The Northern monastery was only visible as a ruin whereas Southern monastery was built like a fortress, surrounded by a moat.
Stay overnight in Sakya
Day 6: Sakya(4300m) to EBC(5200m)
The distance between Sakya to Rongpuk is neither to long nor short, and the road is under construction. From Tingri to E.B.C, the team has to drive on the rough road, pass the wild grassland, and cross the torrent and lofty mountains. If the weather is fine, you can have a glimpse of 4 mountains which are 8000m high and even higher. Just Enjoy your final stay at Everest Base Camp.
Stay overnight in Ronguk Guest House or Tent
Day 7: EBC (5200m) to Shigatse (3900m) (B)
In the morning, you can see the sunrise appearing on the top of Mt Everest, and have a full view the magnificent Mt. Everest standing like a snow-capped pyramid in front of you at Rongpuk, which is the vantage point for watching Mt. Everest.Then, tourists can tour Rongphu Monastery which is the highest monastery in the world (5000m) and belongs to Nyingma sect.
After that drive back to Shigatse.
Stay overnight in Shigatse.
Day 8: Shigatse(3900m) to Lhasa (3650m) (B)
Day 9: Lhasa (3650m) to Nyingchi(3100m) and Visit Basum Lake (B)
Today we drive along the National Highway No. 318 from Lhasa to Bayi Town ( Nyingchi).
On the way, we will drive over the Mila pass (5013m) and reach Kongpo Gamda town. Then head to the Basom tso lake, 360km east of Lhasa.
Basom tso Lake, situated at 3,500 meters above sea level, originates from Nyching Tangha Mountain and is 12 kilometers long. Snow-covered mountains, glaciers and trees are reflected upon the lake’s rippled surface. There are small islands in the middle of the lake with Lamaist temples built upon them.
Then continue to drive along the Nyiyang River head to Bayi town.
Stay overnight in Bayi Town.
Day 10: Nyingchi Tour - Cypress Forest, and Mt. Namjia Bawa (B)
Today, firstly we are about to visit the Great Cypress Nature Reserve area, which is 15 kilometers southeast of the Bayi Town, The king cypress in the reserve is about 50 meters tall and is about 2,500 years old.
Then we will drive to Sekyim la Pass (4720m) and enjoy the great Mt. Namjia Bawa (7,700m) in the distance. Then, continue to drive to the bushy Lunang Forest with an elevation of 3700m, and it is a typical highland meadow strip, and both sides of Castle Peak from low to high from the dense bushes, spruce trees and pine. The distant clouds, the snow-capped mountains, the endless pines and the quiet pastoral displayed a beautiful landscape.
Then drive back to Nyingchi.
Stay overnight in Nyingchi .
Day 11: Depart from Nyingchi Airport (B)
The guide will transfer you to the airport and help you get on board..
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
9 Days Central Tibet Tour with Premium Cultural Destinations
Lhasa - Tsedang - Gyantse - Shigatse - Lhasa
10 Days Eastern Tibet Tour to Explore the Natural Beauty
Nyingtri - Lhasa
9 Days Tibet Student Tour to Major Cultural Attractions
Lhasa- Gyantse - Shigatse - Tsedang
9 Days Student Tour to Everest Base Camp
Lhasa - Gyangtse - Shigatse - Sakya - Mt.Everest - Shigatse - Lhasa
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 11 Days Best of Tibet Tour with EBC