9 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp in-depth Travel
(TET002 ) Lhasa-Gyantse-Sakya-Everest Base Camp-Shigatse-Lhasa
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
Tourists will be accompanied by famous Palaces, temples, monasteries, Everest base camp and beautiful landscapes, such as the great Potala palace, Jokhang temple, Drepung monastery, sera monastery in Lhasa. On the way, we see beautiful Yamdrok Lake that is one of the four holy lakes in Tibet and the Karola Glacier, lying on the roadside, just before your eyes, the Pelkor Chode Monastery with unique style kumbum stupa, the famed Tashilhunpo known as the Panchen Lama's seat, fortress like Sakya Monastery, seat of the first Tibetan government with a Lama ruler and the world's highest monastery Rongbuk Monastery 5,000 meters and amazing view of Mt Everest from Everest Base Camp.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrival in Lhasa(3650m)Day 2
Lhasa tour (B) Potala Palace ,Jokhang temple, Barkhor StreetDay 3
Lhasa tour (B) Drepung Monastery, Carpet factory, Sera MonasteryDay 4
Lhasa (3650m) to Gyantse (3950m) (B) Lake Yamdrok, Karo Glacier, Gyantse PelkorDay 5
Gyantse(3950m) to Sakya(4300m) (B) Tashi Lhunpo Monastery,Sakya MonasteryDay 6
Sakya (4300m) to Everest Base Camp (5200m) (B) Lhatse/Gyatso Pass/shegar/Day 7
Everest Base Camp (5200m) return to Shigatse (3900m)Rongbuk monasteryDay 8
Shigatse(3900m)to Lhasa(3650m)(B)Day 9
Drop to Airport (B)
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival in Lhasa(3650m)
When you arrive in Lhasa either by train or flight, your guide will greet you and take you to your hotel .An route to viewing the Yarlung Tsangpo River/ Bhamaputra river (the Longest and largest river in Tibet) and Lhasa river. After arrive in Lhasa, you can take rest and acclimatize. If you feel to go out, then you can go to the Potala square, where you will enjoy the fountain with different color and get amazing photos of the Potala and around.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 2: Lhasa tour (B) Potala Palace ,Jokhang temple, Barkhor Street
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace, the winter palace of the Dalai Lama. It has been used since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collection are the gilded burial stupas of past Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
After you take lunch and then head to Jokhang temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century, in order to promote the Buddhist religion. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve, perhaps the single most venerated object in Tibet Buddhism.
Around the temple Barkhor street where you can do kora (circling the Barkhor street) with pilgrims and locals and buy the souvenirs.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 3: Lhasa tour (B) Drepung Monastery, Carpet factory, Sera Monastery
In the morning, you are going to visit Drepung monastery which was one of the “three greet” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1416 by Jamyang choge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. Ganden palace is used as Dalai lama’s palace in the Drepung before moving to the Potala palace.
Afternoon, Sera Monastery---It was one of the “three great” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1419 by Jamchen chojey, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. The highlight is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 4: Lhasa (3650m) to Gyantse (3950m) (B) Lake Yamdrok, Karo Glacier, Gyantse Pelkor
Today, we have to drive from Lhasa to Gyantse. On the way, the group will pass over the Gampala pass (4790 m),and tourists will have a glimpse of Yamdrok-tso (4400m) .The Lake is surrounded by many snow-capped mountain and in the distance you have spectacular views of Holy Mount Nyenchen Khangsar, (7191m) the highest mountain near Lhasa .We head westward along the lake and drive towards Gyantse. Gyantse was historically Tibet's third largest city (after Lhasa and Shigatse). In Gyantse, we will visit the famous Pelkor Monastery and Gyantse Kumbum. The Kumbum has nine floors and each tier has unique chapels. It is considered the largest stupa in Tibet.
Stay overnight in Gyantse
Day 5: Gyantse(3950m) to Sakya(4300m) (B) Tashi Lhunpo Monastery,Sakya Monastery
In the Morning, we drive towards Shigatse. In Shigatse, you will visit the famous Tashi Lhunpo monastery where you can see the well-preserved largest statue of Jampa (future Buddha) in the world. This monastery is the seat of Tibet's second highest incarnation, the Panchen Lama. In the afternoon we drive to the Sakya County where tourists can visit the famous Sakya monastery. It was founded in 1073 and was the principal monastery of the Sakya sect of Tibetan Buddhism. Sakya monastery consists of two parts, northern and southern monastery. The Northern monastery is only visible as a ruin while Southern monastery was built like a fortress, surrounded by a moat.
Stay overnight in Sakya
Day 6: Sakya (4300m) to Everest Base Camp (5200m) (B) Lhatse/Gyatso Pass/shegar/
The distance between Sakya to Rongpuk is neither to long nor short, and the road is under construction. From Tingri to E.B.C, the team has to drive on the rough road, pass the wild grassland, and cross the torrent and lofty mountains. If the weather is fine, you can have a glimpse of 4 mountains which are 8000m high and even higher. Just enjoy your final stay at Everest Base Camp.
Stay overnight at Rongpuk Guest House or Tent
Day 7: Everest Base Camp (5200m) return to Shigatse (3900m)Rongbuk monastery
In the morning, you can see the sunrise appearing on the top of Mt Everest, and have a full view the magnificent Mt. Everest standing like a snow-capped pyramid in front of you at Rongpuk, which is the vantage point for watching Mt. Everest. Tourists can also tour Rongphu Monastery which is the highest monastery in the world (5000m) and belongs to Nyingma sect. After that, drive back to Shigatse.
Stay overnight in Shigatse
Day 8: Shigatse(3900m)to Lhasa(3650m)(B)
Today, we will drive back to Lhasa on the friendship Highway. The whole distance is almost 280km and it takes 6 hours along the Yarlung Tsangpo River / Bhamaputra River (the Longest and largest river in Tibet).
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 9: Drop to Airport (B)
The guide will transfer you to the airport or train station and help you get on board.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
7 Days A Week Tour to Everest Base Camp
Lhasa-Gyantse-shigatse- Everest Base Camp
10 Days Best of Central Tibet and Everest Base Camp
Tsedang - Yamgdrok Lake - Gyantse - Shigatse - Sakya - EBC - Shigatse - Lhasa
10 Days Grand Natural Beauty of Tibet
Lhasa - Lake Namtso - Lhasa - Shigatse - EBC - Shigatse - Lhasa
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 9 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp in-depth Travel