10 Days Himalaya Mountain Expedition Tour
(TET004) Lhasa - Gyangtse - Shigatse - Everest Base Camp - Cho Oyu Base Camp - Shigatse - Lhasa
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
This 10 days Himalaya mountain Expedition tour for those who want to have an off-the-beaten path and explore parts of the Himalaya fewer people can see. Along this journey, you will start by exploring the ancient city of Lhasa and all the amazing monasteries and temples there. Then，you will go to Yamdrok, perhaps Tibet’s most beautiful lake. You will then explore the towns of Gyantse and Shigatse. From there, you will get up close view of several the world’s highest peaks including Shisha Pangma (14th highest), Cho Oyu (6th highest) as well as Everest.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrival in Lhasa(3650m)Day 2
Lhasa tour - Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street (B)Day 3
Lhasa tour - Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery (B)Day 4
Lhasa(3650m) - Shigatse(3900m) via Yamdrotso lake, Karo Glacier, Gyangtse (B)Day 5
Shigatse(3900m) - Shegar(4300m) Tashilhunpho Monastery, Gyatso La (B)Day 6
Shegar (4300m) - EBC (5200m) Rongbuk monastery (B)Day 7
EBC (5200m) - Cho Oyu Base Camp (4900m)Day 8
enjoy the road trip and relaxDay 9
Shigatse(3900m) to Lhasa(3650m) (B)Day 10
Depart from Lhasa (B)
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival in Lhasa(3650m)
When you arrive in Lhasa either by train or flight, your guide will greet you and take you to your hotel .An route to viewing the Yarlung Tsangpo River/ Bhamaputra river (the Longest and largest river in Tibet) and Lhasa river. After arrive in lhasa, you can take rest and acclimatize. If you feel to go out, then you can go to the Potala square, where you will enjoy the fountain with different colours and get amazing photos of the Potala and around.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 2: Lhasa tour - Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street (B)
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace, the winter palace of the Dalai Lama. It has been used since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collection are the gilded burial stupas of past Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
After you take lunch and then head to Jokhang temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century, in order to promote the Buddhist religion. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve, perhaps the single most venerated object in Tibet Buddhism.
Around the temple Barkhor street where you can do kora (circling the Barkhor street) with pilgrims and locals and buy the souvenirs.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 3: Lhasa tour - Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery (B)
In the morning, you are going to visit Drepung monastery which was one of the “three greet” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1416 by Jamyang choge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. Ganden palace is used as Dalai lama’s palace in the Drepung before moving to the Potala palace.
Afternoon, Sera Monastery---It was one of the “three great” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1419 by Jamchen chojey, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. The highlight is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 4: Lhasa(3650m) - Shigatse(3900m) via Yamdrotso lake, Karo Glacier, Gyangtse (B)
Today, we have to drive from Lhasa to Gyantse. On the way, passing over the Gampala pass (4790 m),you will have a glimpse of Yamdrok-tso (4400m) .The Lake is surrounded by many snow-capped mountain and in the distance you have spectacular views of Holy Mount Nyenchen Khangsar, (7191m) the highest mountain near Lhasa .Gyantse was historically known as the Tibet's third largest city (after Lhasa and Shigatse). In Gyantse, we will visit the famous Pelkor Monastery and Gyantse Kumbum. After one and a half hour's driving, we arrive in Shigatse, which is the second largest city in Tibet.
Spend the night in Shigatse
Day 5: Shigatse(3900m) - Shegar(4300m) Tashilhunpho Monastery, Gyatso La (B)
In the morning, tourists will visit Tashilunpo monastery of Gelug Sect, the seat of the Panchen Lama built in 1447 and one of the six grand monasteries in Tibet. The monastery houses a giant statue of the Maitreya Buddha, the biggest gilded statue of Maitreya (Buddha of the future) in world and a tomb of the 4th Panchen Lama containing masses of jewels and gold. Afterwards drive on the Sino-Nepal Highway to Shegar. On the way we get across the Tso La (4,500 m) and the Gyatso La (5,220 m). If the weather is clear, the snow-covered summits of Everest and Lhotse can be seen.
Stay overnight in Shegar
Day 6: Shegar (4300m) - EBC (5200m) Rongbuk monastery (B)
Today, we drive to EBC, you will pass one of the highest passes in Tibet (Pang la pass height 5050m) from that’s pass you will view the whole five highest peaks in the world like Mt, Makalu, Mt, Lhotse Mt, Everest, Mt, Cho Oyu ) .At EBC, you can see the world highest mountain Everest under the brilliant blue sky and are surrounded by the great Himalaya. You can visit the Rongbuk monastery claimed to be the highest monastery in the world.
Spend a night at tent or Rongbuk monastery guest house.
Day 7: EBC (5200m) - Cho Oyu Base Camp (4900m)
In the morning, you can see the sunrise over the top of Mt Everest, and have a full view the magnificent Mt. Everest standing like a snow-capped pyramid in front of you at Rongpuk, which is the vantage point for watching Mt. Everest. After that drive to Cho Oyu Base Camp.
Day 8: enjoy the road trip and relax
enjoy the road trip and relax
Day 9: Shigatse(3900m) to Lhasa(3650m) (B)
Today, we are supposed to back to Lhasa on the friendship Highway. The whole distance is almost 280km and it takes 6 hours along the Yarlung Tsangpo River / Bhamaputra River (the Longest and largest river in Tibet).
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 10: Depart from Lhasa (B)
The guide will transfer you to the airport or train station and help you get on board.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
9 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp in-depth Travel
Lhasa-Gyantse-Sakya-Everest Base Camp-Shigatse-Lhasa
10 Days Best of Central Tibet and Everest Base Camp
Tsedang - Yamgdrok Lake - Gyantse - Shigatse - Sakya - EBC - Shigatse - Lhasa
10 Days Grand Natural Beauty of Tibet
Lhasa - Lake Namtso - Lhasa - Shigatse - EBC - Shigatse - Lhasa
9 Days Lhasa to EBC Photography Expedition
Lhasa - Gyantse - Everest Base Camp - Shigatse - Lhasa
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 10 Days Himalaya Mountain Expedition