Jiuzhaigou National Park and Northwest Sichuan
(KTT002) Chengdu-Mt. Siguniang-Danba-Rangtang-Ruo’ergai-Flower lake-Langmusi-Jiuzhaigou-Chengdu
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
This travel route centers especially around Jiuzhaigou, listed in world natural heritage and the tour covers Jiuzhaigou National Park, Huanglong National Park, Ruoergai Grassland, The First Bend of Yellow River, Langmusi temple, Mt. Siguninag, Zhuokeji Tusiguan. This loop tour surrounding Jiuzhaigou features the stunning natural scenery of northwestern Sichuan province.
At a GlanceDay 1
Chengdu – Rilong TownDay 2
Changpinggou Horse RidingDay 3
Mt. Siguniang - Danba - MaerkangDay 4
Maerkang - RangtangDay 5
Rangtang - AbaDay 6
Aba-Tangke- Ruo'ergaiDay 7
Ruo’ergai -Flower Lake – LangmusiDay 8
Ruo'ergai - JiuzhaigouDay 10
Jiuzhaigou SightseeingDay 11
Jiuzhaigou -Munigou – MaoxianDay 12
Maoxian- Dujiangyan - Chengdu
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Chengdu – Rilong Town
Drive from Chengdu to Rilong Town where the famous Mt. Siguniang lies. Siguniang means four sisters/girls in Chinese. Visit Mt. Balang, grassland and the yaks en route. After arriving in Rilong town, head to Shuangqiaogou.
Stay overnight in Rilong Town
Day 2: Changpinggou Horse Riding
Day 3: Mt. Siguniang - Danba - Maerkang
Day 4: Maerkang - Rangtang
Drive from Maerkang to Rangtang, a small county in Aba Tibetan-Qiang Autonomous Prefecture, nearby Qinghai province.
]Stay overnight in Rangtang
Day 5: Rangtang - Aba
Drive about 165km to Aba County located deeply in the grassland. There are some Tibetan original Lamaseries in Aba.
Stay overnight in Aba
Day 6: Aba-Tangke- Ruo'ergai
Day 7: Ruo’ergai -Flower Lake – Langmusi
Drive about 120KM to visit the First Bend of Yellow River, which is located at the border of Sichuan, Gansu and Qinghai. Then visit Suoke Tibetan monastery.
After lunch, we will enjoy the charming natural landscape of Flower Lake. Then drive to Langmusi Town for accommodation.
Stay overnight in Langmusi Town
Day 8: Langmusi-Ruo'ergai
Visit two famous monasteries at Langmusi Town, Langmu monastery and Gerdi monastery. If you are interested in Sky Burial, you can also pay a visit to the sky burial site at Langmusi and may have a chance to see a sky burial ceremony. It's the only sky burial site open to tourists. Then drive about 90Km to Ruo'ergai.
Stay overnight in Ruo'ergai
Day 9: Ruo'ergai - Jiuzhaigou
After breakfast, drive to visit the beautiful Flower Lake, then drive about 200km to Jiuzhaigou via Chuanzhusi town. On the way, enjoy sightseeing of Ruoergai grassland.
Stay overnight in Jiuzhaigou
Day 10: Jiuzhaigou Sightseeing
Head to the Jiuzhaigou portal after breakfast and transfer to Jiuzhaigou non-pollution bus, visit Shuzheng, Zezawa Valley, Pearl Sands, Shuzheng Waterfall, Shuzheng, Panda, Chang, Rainbow, Tiger, Rhinoceros Lake and the Tibetan mills. In the evening, watch local Tibetan culture show.
Stay overnight in Jiuzhaigou
Day 11: Jiuzhaigou -Munigou – Maoxian
After breakfast, drive to Munigou valley located to the west of Songpan Ancient Town. You can enjoy charming natural scenery, rich ethnic customs and the charm of the beautiful forest. Zhaga Waterfall and Erdao Lake are the main attractions in Munigou Park. Then keep forward to Maoxian County which is home to the largest number of Qiang people.
Stay overnight in Maoxian
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
6 Days Trekking Mt. Siguniang, the Oriental ALPs Tour
6 Days Drive from Northwestern Sichuan to Southern Qinghai
8 Days Western Sichuan Impression - Small Loop Tour
Chengdu-Hailuogou-Kangding-Danba - Chengdu Tour
11 Days Amazing Western Sichuan Tour
16 Days Chengdu to Ganzi Tibetan Area Tour
Chengdu-Four Girls Mountain-Danba-Tagong-Daofu-Ganzi-Dege-Baiyu-Litang-Chengdu
20 Days Northern and eastern Tibet Kham Culture Loop Tour
Lhasa- Nyingchi-Chamdo- Markam - Tengchen- Sok D Zong-Nagchu-Namtso-Lhasa
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 12 Days Jiuzhaigou National Park and Northwest Sichuan Tour