6 Days Tibetan culture and nomadic life in Amdo Area
(ATT007) Xining-Tongren(Repkong)-Rongwu-Xiahe-Langmusi Tour
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
This is a monastery tour of Tibetan Amdo. Tongren (Repkong) is known as the hometown of monastery among locals, and the most representative one is Rongwo monastery, whose scale and influence are only next to Labrang monastery and Taer monastery. Undoubtedly, Labrang temple in Xiahe is the most influential monastery in Amdo region, which was also the political and religious center.
Surrounded by hills and rivers, Langmusi is another distinctive monastery with picturesque scenery, and half of which is situated at Gansu, half at Sichuan. The sky burial platform near the temple is the largest and most well-known platform in local region.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrive in XiningDay 2
Xining - Tongren TourDay 3
Tongren - XiaheDay 4
Xiahe – LangmusiDay 5
Langmusi day tourDay 6
Langmusi – Xining
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Xining
Transfer to hotel for a good rest after arriving in Xining airport or train station.
Stay overnight in Xining
Day 2: Xining - Tongren Tour
Drive from Xining to Tongren.
Tongren is home to 35 Tibetan Buddhist monasteries and is famous across Tibet for its artists. The three large monasteries of Rongwo, Gomar and Wutun in Tongren are all great for exploring. There are several art centers in town where you can see artists painting traditional Tibetan Thangkas.
Stay overnight in Tongren
Day 3: Tongren - Xiahe
Day 4: Xiahe – Langmusi
Day 5: Langmusi day tour
Explore the town and surroundings. You can get up early to visit the sky burial site in this town and then explore temples.
Kirti Monastery, on the Sichuan side of the town, is home to around 750 monks. Behind the monastery is a gorge with several old meditation caves. Sertri Monastery, on the Gansu side of the town, is home to around 350 monks. There is a pilgrimage kora around Sertri.
Stay overnight at Langmusi
Day 6: Langmusi – Xining
Drive back to Xining. The tour ends.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
4 Days Short Amdo Tibet Tour from Xining to Tongren
Xining-Xunhua-Tongren(Repkong) Longwu monastery Tour
5 Days Short Xining Surrounding Tour
Xining-Qinghai Lake, Ta’er & Serdzong Monastery
5 Days Experience Tibetan Life Tour from Xining to Tongren
Xining-Tongren(Repkong),(hometown of 14th Dalai Lama)
5 Days Amdo Tibet Nomadic Life Experience Tour
Xining - Tongren(Repkong) - Kusum - Camping at Kusum
6 Days Amdo Tibet Exploration Tour
Xining-Qinghai Lake-Serdzong-Huashixia- Mt. Amnye Machen Tour
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 6 Days Tibetan culture and nomadic life in Amdo Area