8 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp Small Group Tour
(SG001A) Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Everest Base Camp - Lhasa
- based on double occupancy;
- 3-star accommodation level in low season;
- international airfare is not included;
- price is subject to change according to group size and payment methods;
Join-in small group with fixed departure!
Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
Trip Level Guide:
- easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for those having average level for fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 years.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for those physically fit and have experiences of high altitude trekking.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
This is the Classic tour itinerary to visit Lhasa and Everest Base camp. If you are not used to the high altitude, then this is one of the best itineraries that cover the all the Lhasa main tourist sites like Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor street, Drepung and sera monastery with Gyantse Kumbum and Shigatse Tashi Lhunpho monastery.
Tourists can see much natural scenery like beautiful sacred lake Yamdrok tso and karo glacier with beautiful views of Mt. Everest, the highest mountain in the world from Everest Base Camp.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrival in Lhasa (3650m)Day 2
Lhasa Tour - Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor StreetDay 3
Lhasa Tour - Drepung monastery, Sera monasteryDay 4
Lhasa (3650m) to Shigatse (3900m)Day 5
Shigatse (3900m) to Everest Base Camp(5200)Day 6
EBC (5200m) and return to Shigatse (3900m)Day 7
Shigatse (3900m) to Lhasa (3650m)Day 8
Depart from Lhasa
Day 1: Arrival in Lhasa (3650m)
When you arrive in Lhasa either by train or flight, your guide will greet you and take you to your hotel .An route to viewing the Yarlung Tsangpo River/ Bhamaputra river (the Longest and largest river in Tibet) and Lhasa river.
After arrive in Lhasa, you can take rest and acclimatize. If you feel to go out, then you can go to the Potala square, where you will enjoy the fountain with different color and get amazing photos of the Potala and around.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 2: Lhasa Tour - Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace, the winter palace of the Dalai Lama. It has been used since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections are the gilded burial stupas of past Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
After you take lunch and then head to Jokhang temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century, in order to promote the Buddhist religion. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve, perhaps the single most venerated object in Tibet Buddhism. Around the temple Barkhor street where you can kora (circling the Barkor street) with pilgrims and locals and buy the souvenirs.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 3: Lhasa Tour - Drepung monastery, Sera monastery
In the morning, you are going to visit Drepung monastery which was one of the “three greet” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1416 by Jamyang choge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. Ganden palace is used as Dalai lama’s palace in the Drepung before moving to the Potala palace.
Afternoon, Sera Monastery---It was one of the “three great” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1419 by Jamchen chojey, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. The highlight is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 4: Lhasa (3650m) to Shigatse (3900m)
Today, we have to drive from Lhasa to Gyantse. On the way, the group will pass over the Gampala pass (4790 m),and tourists will have a glimpse of Yamdrok-tso (4400m) .The Lake is surrounded by many snow-capped mountain and in the distance you have spectacular views of Holy Mount Nyenchen Khangsar, (7191m) the highest mountain near Lhasa .
We head westward along the lake and drive towards Gyantse. Gyantse was historically Tibet's third largest city (after Lhasa and Shigatse). In Gyantse, we will visit the famous Pelkor Monastery and Gyantse Kumbum.
After one and a half hour's driving, we arrive in Shigatse, which is the second largest city in Tibet. In Shigatse, we’ll visit Tashilunpo Monastery, the seat of Tibet's second highest incarnation, the Panchen Lama.
Stay Overnight in Shigatse
Day 5: Shigatse (3900m) to Everest Base Camp(5200)
We’ll leave Shigatse after getting your Alien’s travel permit, and then drive to Lhatse. It is a small town where you can take lunch.
After that, you will drive to Shegar and if the weather is clear enough then on the way down to shegar you will view the Mt, Everest in the distance.
After 4 to 6 hours then you will arrive at Rongbuk monastery but on the way, you will pass one of the highest passes in Tibet (pang la pass height 5050m) from that’s pass you will view the whole five highest peaks in the world.
Stay overnight at tent or Rongbuk monastery guest house.
Day 6: EBC (5200m) and return to Shigatse (3900m)
In the morning, you can see the sunrise appearing on the top of Mt Everest, and have a full view the magnificent Mt. Everest standing like a snow-capped pyramid in front of you at Rongpuk, which is the vantage point for watching Mt. Everest. Then you may trek from tent to Base camp 4/km one way or go to EBC by local bus.
After visiting base camp, tourists can tour Rongphu Monastery which is the highest monastery in the world (5000m) and belongs to Nyingma sect.
After that drive back to Shigatse stay overnight in Shigatse.
Day 7: Shigatse (3900m) to Lhasa (3650m)
Day 8: Depart from Lhasa
The guide will transfer you to the airport or train station and help you get on board.
Tour Cost & Schedule in 2015 & 2016
|Class/Price for Per Person||Jan. to Mar.||Apr. to Jun.||Jul. to Aug.||Sept. to Oct.||Nov. to Dec.|
(Lodging: 3-Star Hotels)
|810 US$||912 US$||998 US$||950 US$||840 US$|
Please select a departure date in following charts.
If there is no tour date suitable for your schedule and would like to invite more tourists to join in you, please kindly contact us and we’ll make every effort to collect more travelers to cut down your cost.
Mr.Jef...and Mrs.Sup...from Thailand Mr.Osc...from Guatemala
Mr.Sam...and His friend from Malaysia Mr.Hin...and His friend from Malaysia
Mrs.Yic...and Mr.Rob...from USA
|Starting Date||Price Form||Booked||Book Now|
|2015-09-04||$950||4 Guests Booked||Book|
|2015-09-06||$950||3 Guests Booked||Book|
|2015-09-08||$950||open for booking||Book|
|2015-09-12||$950||open for booking||Book|
|2015-09-14||$950||5 Guests Booked||Book|
|2015-09-18||$950||2 Guests Booked||Book|
|2015-09-20||$950||open for booking||Book|
|2015-09-22||$950||open for booking||Book|
|2015-09-24||$950||open for booking||Book|
|2015-09-28||$950||open for booking||Book|
|2015-09-30||$950||open for booking||Book|
|2015-10-04||$950||open for booking||Book|
|2015-10-08||$950||open for booking||Book|
|2015-10-12||$950||open for booking||Book|
|2015-10-16||$950||open for booking||Book|
|2015-10-20||$950||open for booking||Book|
|2015-10-24||$950||open for booking||Book|
|2015-10-28||$950||open for booking||Book|
|2015-11-01||$840||open for booking||Book|
|2015-11-07||$840||1 Guests Booked||Book|
|2015-11-13||$840||open for booking||Book|
|2015-11-19||$840||open for booking||Book|
|2015-11-27||$840||open for booking||Book|
|2015-12-03||$840||open for booking||Book|
|2015-12-18||$840||2 Guests Booked||Book|
|2015-12-27||$840||open for booking||Book|
- If you couldn’t find a tour date suitable for your travel schedule in the above form, please never hesitate to contact our travel experts and they will make every effort to help you find a way to enjoy a delightful vacation to Tibet at the BEST local price.
- You may find that there are less, even no tour dates available during the winter, usually from December to next February, it is mainly because most of tourists think Tibet should be extremely freezing in winter. However, it is a totally misleading understanding. Please kindly take your time to read our threads about the Tibet winter tour, and contact our Tibet travel experts to customize a memorable winter tour for you and your group. .
- Discount: 1.) 5% off for those booking the tour togher with other two travelers at the same time; 2.) 5% off for those booking the tour 3 months in advance.
- Private Departures: for 4 or more travelers, we can organise a totally private departure just for you and your group. We can offer you a departure date of your choice on any of published itineraries on Tibet Vista enabling friends, families or organizations to enjoy our Tibet tours. Can’t find a trip that suits your needs exactly? Let us tailor one of our clasic trips, or even create a bespoken itinerary. We will work with you to plan your trip and with the benefit of our local in-depth knowledge we can build you a unique experience within your bugets and bucket lists!
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide shared in your group;
- Comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on the group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; If you travel individually, you will need to share one room with another tourist; while if you prefer to stay in one room by yourself, you will have to pay the single room supplement.
- All meals, including a welcome authentic Tibetan dinner, listed in the above itinerary;
- One shared big Oxygen tank in the car;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Domestic flight/train to and out of Lhasa. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price, please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Airport/Railway Station Limousine Service:
The fee of limousine service has been covered in the quotation, however, the free ariport transfer service is only available for the following durations of a day. (the free railway station transfer serivice is available for the whole day)
- Pick-up from airport: flights arriving between 11:00 and 12:00 in the morning; between 14:30 and 15:30 in the afternoon;
- Drop-off to airport: vehicle leaves at 10:30 in the morning from hotel for flights departuring between 12:30 and 15:00; vehicle leaves at 13:00 in the afternoon from hotel for flights departuring after 15:00;
The vehicle from and to the airport will leave only when all guests who arrive or departure during the above period of time get on.
There may be about one-hour's waiting time. We extend our sincere apology for the inconvenience. In the meantime, you are strongly advised to book your ticket in accordance with our limousine service schedule.
If your flight schedule is not within the above schedule, we can aslo provide private transfer service which charges CNY 350 per transfer.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
Get Started -