Mount Everest has long been the dream for travellers from both home and abroad. Most people who travel to tibet would choose to have an Everest Base Camp tour, some would even try to go to ABC. In this article I’d like to share you my trekking experience from EBC to ABC.
Equipment and stuff needed for the journey to ABC:
1. Warm clothes and good sleeping bags. Take enough warm clothes and down-filled sleeping bag. At night, it can be quite cold.
2. take necessary drugs in case you will need them.
3. you need rent some yaks to carry your package. Ask the owners of the yaks go together with you so they can take care of their yaks. The journey can be quite hard even for yaks and you may see there are bones of dead yaks on the way toward ABC.
4. gauze mask, sunglasses and sun cream are necessary to protect your skin from the strong solar radiation.
5. other necessary materials suggested by the doctor or the experienced mountain-climbers.
My trekking experience
We left EBC at around 3 pm. We walked along the Middle Rongbuk Glacier and the gradient was so not sharp. In fact, we did’t meet any sharp slope. Along the way, I would always wear my guaze mask so as to warm my breath and make my throat comfort. We came across many other mountain-climbers as well as yaks carrying luggages. We rested only twice during the ascent for our header did not like to rest much. It took us four hours to ascend to the altitude of 5800m and we spent the night in the army’s camp. At night, I did everything to make me warm and comfort at the tent. The moon light was very bright and the view in the tent was clear even without lamps.
I had a good sleep and the sunshine threw its light into the tent in the next early morning. Getting out of the tent, my eyes were full of white icebergs and I noticed that the campsites were all built on the medial moraine of the icebergs and because icebergs flows, we could hear the voice of cracking of icebergs and sometimes the rocks on the nearby slopes would fall down. And just because of this, the itinerary climbing the mountain is different from year to year. We set out at around 11am, and it was an upslope at first. The journey would be long. After we ascended to 5900m, there were glaciers along the both sides of the way and it was really grand. We arranged our paces quite well and we rested every one hour and a half. When resting, we would drink some water and have some food like chocolate or other high energy snacks. We met some snow cock and even some pigeons. When walking there, you should never take off your sunglass to protect your eyes because the solar reflection was quite strong. It took us about seven hours to get to ABC. And it was quite good being there. There were many campsites of different countries. And I have to say, Mount Everest is the most beautiful mountain I have ever climbed and being in ABC you can view the most beautiful Everest.
The topic of your question