5 Days Classic Xining Lhasa Train Tour
(XTT005) Xining - Lhasa
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all levels of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
Spending the shortest time on the train ride to Lhasa while taking in all the highlights along the Qinghai-Tibet Railway, this tour is exactly what you are looking for. Leaving high-rise buildings and crowds left behind, the Tibet train from Xining will take you to traverse snowy mountains, grasslands, glaciers, lakes, to finally reach the desirable holy land of Tibet. Then you will explore sunlight city of Lhasa, to gaze upon the magnificent Potala Palace, pray for blessing in Jokhang Temple, and do shopping like locals at Barkhor Street, as well as visit the important Drepung and Sera monastery.
At a GlanceDay 1
Board the Train to Lhasa from XiningDay 2
Scenery View on the Train; Arrive in LhasaDay 3
Lhasa Tour - Potala Palace, Johkang Temple and Barkhor StreetDay 4
Lhasa Tour - Drepung and Sera MonasteryDay 5
Departure from Lhasa
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Board the Train to Lhasa from Xining
Fantastic Tibet travel will start with boarding on Xining-Lhasa train from Xining Railway Station. Our local guide would send train ticket and Tibet Travel Permit to you before train departs. Please be sure to bring all your belongings and Tibet visa to Xining Railway Station one and a half hour ahead.
Stay overnight on the Train
Day 2: Scenery View on the Train; Arrive in Lhasa
Today, you will witness the most beautiful scenery of Qinghai-Tibet Railway. Endless land of snows, vast desert, boundless grassland, snow-capped mountains and stunning lakes will continually appear and strongly attract your heart.
When you arrive in Lhasa, your tour guide will hold a board with your name on it at the exit to welcome you. A private car will take you to the reserved hotel. You may view the Yarlung Tsangpo River/Bhamaputra River (the Longest and largest river in Tibet) and Lhasa River on the way to downtown Lhasa.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 3: Lhasa Tour - Potala Palace, Johkang Temple and Barkhor Street
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace which is the winter palace of the Dalai lama. It was put to use since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
Then after lunch, tourists head to Jokhang Temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century, in order to promote the Buddhist religion. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve, perhaps the only most venerated object in Tibetan Buddhism. Around the temple is Barkhor Street where you can do kora (a religious circle of a building or mountain) with pilgrims and locals, in the meantime you can buy souvenirs.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 4: Lhasa Tour - Drepung and Sera Monastery
In the morning ,you are going to visit Drepung Monastery which is one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1416 by Jamyangchoge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. Ganden palace used to be Dalai lama’s palace in the Drepung before he moved to the Potala palace.
In the Afternoon, Tourists will visit Sera Monastery which is another one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1419 by JamchenChojey, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. The hot attraction is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 5: Departure from Lhasa
You will be transferred to Lhasa airport for your flight to next destination.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
10 Days Xining and Tibet Natural Scenery Tour by Train
Xining-Qinghai Lake-Lhasa-Namtso-Shigatse-Mt.Everest Tour
10 Days Xining to Lhasa and Sacred Namtso Lake Tour
Xining - Qinghai Lake - Lhasa - Namsto Lake - Lhasa
11 Days Xining to Lhasa and EBC Kathmandu Tour
Xining - Qinghai Lake - Lhasa - Shigatse - EBC - Old Tingri - Kathmandu
17 days Xining and Tibet in-depth Tour by Train
Xining - Qinghai Lake - Gansu - Lhasa - Tesdang - Gyantse - Shigatse - Lhasa
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 5 Days Classic Xining Lhasa Train Tour