10 Days Everest Panorama View Trek Tour
() Kathmandu - Lukla- Phakding- Namche Bazaar- Khumjung- Tengboche- Monjo- Kathmandu
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
With 40 minutes flight from Kathmandu you will reach Lukla from where your trek of Everest Panorama begins to reach Phakding following Dudh Koshi River.The next day, you walk all the way through forest of magnolia and rhododendron and then reach Namche, a busy market.After that you will walk down to Khumjung village which is a distinctive Sherpa village and see their culture as well as lifestyle.
Then, the next day you will trek to Tengboche, a popular Tibetan Buddhist monastery and the final destination of our trek. Here you will meet Buddhist monks and observe their every day practices in monastery. From here, you will return back to Lukla airport and fly to Kathmandu.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrive in KathmanduDay 2
Kathmandu Sightseeing(1310m/4310ft)Day 3
Kathmandu–Lukla (2840m/9317ft)–Phakding (2610m/8563ft) 3:30hrsDay 4
Phakding - Namche Bazaar (3440m/11286ft) 5:30hrsDay 5
Namche – Khumjung (3780m/12400ft) 3hrsDay 6
Khumjung – Tengboche (3860m/12664ft) 4hrsDay 7
Tengboche – Monjo (2590m/8497ft) 6hrsDay 8
Monjo - Lukla (2810m/9218ft) 5hrsDay 9
Lukla – Kathmandu (1310m/4298ft), fly 30 minutesDay 10
Depart from Kathmandu
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu
Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu, you are welcomed by the hospitable meeting and then you will be transferred to your hotel.
Stay overnight in Kathmandu
Day 2: Kathmandu Sightseeing(1310m/4310ft)
Day 3: Kathmandu–Lukla (2840m/9317ft)–Phakding (2610m/8563ft) 3:30hrs
This morning we will be transferred from your hotel to Kathmandu airport for our domestic flight to Lukla. The flight itself is awe-inspiring as we fly parallel to the Himalayan giants bordering Nepal and Tibetan China. Flying time to Lukla is approximately 40 minutes. Upon arrival in Lukla, we will be met by our local guides and porters. There will be time to explore the village whilst the Sherpa crew sort and load equipment.
Lukla lies at an altitude of 2850m ("luk la" = place of sheep). From Lukla we descend on a wide trail northwest to the village of Choblung in the Dudh Kosi Valley. The valley radiates energy through beautiful pine and rhododendron forest. The walking is easy and we follow the river's course, passing through the village of Ghat. Our destination is the small village of Phakding where accommodation is provided in the form of Tea House Lodges.
Day 4: Phakding - Namche Bazaar (3440m/11286ft) 5:30hrs
From Phakding we head up valley on a busy trail: porters from the lower Solu district in the south ferrying supplies to Namche, Sherpas with their Zopkio (half yak, half cow) taking trekking or climbing expedition equipment to the higher valleys. Continue along beside the Dudh Kosi amongst beautiful alpine scenery, through the fragrant blue pine and fir forest, glimpsing spectacular views of Kusum Kangru (6369m) and Thanserku (6608m) along the way.
We again cross the Dudh Kosi, to the western bank at Jorsale prior to trekking through the entrance to the Sagamartha National Park. Continuing upstream along the banks to the confluence of the Bhote Kosi and Dudh Kosi, it is here we begin our first sustained ascent to Namche Bazar after crossing the large suspension bridge.
Walking at a slow pace, we have a fantastic photographic opportunities as the peaks of Everest (8848m), Lhotse (8511m), Nuptse (7879m), Arna Dablam (6856m) and Taweche (6542m) come into view for the first time. Climbing again, the path takes us through pine trees to reach the distinctive horse-shoe shaped bowl containing the village of Namche Bazar. Stay in the heart of the village.
Stay overnight in Namche Bazaar
Day 5: Namche – Khumjung (3780m/12400ft) 3hrs
Breakfast served in your Tea House Lodge.
From Namche, we trek out of the village bowl and follow a small trail high above the Dudh Kosi River, where the views are incredible: behind to the west, the ridge of Nupla and Kwangde Himal (6194m); across the valley to the south, the towering ice-fluted walls of Thamserku (6623m), and to the east at the head of the valley, the Lhotse and Nuptse wall, towering a full three and a half thousand metres above the valley at Dingboche. Everest looms above the ridge, a black, triangular rock; Sagarmatha, "Goddess Mother of Earth", is a truly magnificent sight.
On a small ridge across the valley, the monastery of Thyangboche can be seen, a small speck against the gigantic mountain background. We descend to Khumjung, and after staying in the more westernised town of Namche Bazar, these villages make a welcome change. Here tourism has hardly changed the life of the Sherpas. It is possible to take the opportunity to sample the Sherpa speciality, Riki Kur - a type of potato fritter enriched with yak butter. The afternoon has been left free to assist with further acclimatization.
Stay overnight in Khunjung
Day 6: Khumjung – Tengboche (3860m/12664ft) 4hrs
In the morning, we descend to the village of Shanasa and then contour to Trashinga where the trail drops steeply to cross the Dudh Kosi at Phukitenga (3250m). A break is taken here by a series of water-driven paryer wheels. In the late morning, we initially climb steeply before the trail levels out to ascend gradually towards Thyangboche. It is a steady ascent of approximately two and half hours through pine fir, black juniper and rhododendron forest.
Tengboche is set in a beautiful meadow, high on a ridge surrounded by towering Himalayan peaks. A peaceful, tranquil position, surely one of the wonders of the world and the Tengboche Monastery is spectacularly situated. The monastery dominated by the gompa with its prayer flags and mani stones was founded in 1916 as a meditation centre.
Stay overnight in Thengboche
Day 7: Tengboche – Monjo (2590m/8497ft) 6hrs
Follow a similar trail through a forest of juniper, rhododendron and fir to Phunkitenga, you continue on to cross the Dudh Kosi for a steep descent to Trashinga. After lunch at Shanasa you make you way back to Namche Bazar. Following a steep descent passing the Bhote Kosil, crossing the river, follow the bank to Jorsale, then to Monjo for overnight.
Stay overnight in Monjo
Day 8: Monjo - Lukla (2810m/9218ft) 5hrs
This morning you will depart Monjo and continue your descent along the Dudh Kosi, before making a final ascent to reach the Lukla plateau by mid afternoon. Upon arrival in Lukla, you will have time to relax and celebrate the completion of your trek.
Stay overnight in Lukla
Day 9: Lukla – Kathmandu (1310m/4298ft), fly 30 minutes
This morning you will be transferred to Lukla Airport for your flight back to Kathmandu. Upon arrival in Kathmandu, you will meet our representative at the airport and be conveyed to the Hotel.
Stay overnight at hotel
Day 10: Depart from Kathmandu
After breakfast, you will be transferred to airport for your next stop.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
10 Days Natural Hot Spring Trek Tour
Kathmandu - Pokhara- Kande-Landruk-Jhindanada-Ghandruk-Nayapul-Pokhara-Kathmandu
16 Days Annapurna Base Camp Trek Tour
Kathmandu-Pokhara-Tirkhedhunga-Ghorepani-Poon Hill-Chomrong-Himalaya Hotel-Annapurna Base Camp-Pokhara-Kathmandu
17 Days Nepal Everest Base Camp Trek Tour
Kathmandu - Phakding-Namche Bazaar-Tengboche- Dingboche- Lobuche-Gorakshep- Everest base camp-Kathmandu
17 Days Upper Mustang Trek
Kathmandu - Pokhara - Jomsom - Kagbeni - Chele - Syanbochen - Ghami - Tsarang - Manthang - Drakmar - Ghiling - Chhuksang - Jomsom - Pokhara - Kathmandu
Get Started - 10 Days Everest Panorama View Trek Tour