Private hot spring for Panchen Lama
About Woka Hot Spring
Woka is a agriculture and animal husbandry area in Sangri Country of Shannan Prefecture. There are 2 rivers and 7 hot springs. They have been divided into white water, black water, hot water, warm water and cold water according to the water temperature and colors by local Tibetans. The white water comes from the Snow-capped mountains. Its melted snow looks like milk in summer. The black water is from the white golden valley, called "the Three God River" by local Tibetans together with White water and Dragon river. The three water represents the Guanyin Bodhisattva, the King Guardian Deity and the Wenshu Bodhisattva.
The warm water has an average temperature in seasons that becomes a perfect place for washing clothes and vegetables for local Tibetans.
The Woka Hot Springs is represented by 4 hot springs. The first one is Zhuo Rom Hatem Hot Spring. It is well known for the private hot spring for Panchen Lama. It is said that each time when Panchen Lama pass here to worship in holy lake Lhamo La-tso, he will do clearance here. It's also the hottest hot springs in Woka and well known for its cure for disease. In the north of this hot spring, there is a hot spring can treat gastropathy. North to the Woka Zong Ruins there is a hot spring near a bridge. It's the best-like one for local Tibetans. Each start of summer Tibetans will help their their animals to have bath here getting a way from the residual illness and dust in those cold days. Except that people also come here taking bath after the whole day's farm working. Talking and laughing can be seen anywhere. The 4th hot spring is for youth people especially for the lovers. When the sky turns dark, the young couples talk about love in hot spring which is so romantic.
Tips of Woka Hot Spring
1. Remember not to soak in within 1 hour before or after meals. Do not soak when you are hungry or drunk.
2. Remember to take off all your metal jewelry or accessories before bathing, preventing them from being eroded by certain minerals.
3. It is not advisable to soak for a long time. You can soak for 15 to 20 minutes at one time and rest for a while before take another bath.
Attractions nearby Woka Hot Spring
Recommended Tour Itineraries Including Woka Hot Spring
Yamdrok Lake is one of three most sacred lakes in Tibet. Tibet Vista provides more than 10 tour packages including these tourist attractions in Tsedang Prefecture at the best price.
Popular Tsedang Tour Deals
- 5 Days Lhasa and Yamdrok Lake Small Group Tour Lhasa - Yamdrok Lake - Lhasa
- 5 Days Lhasa and Yamdrok-tso Lake Tour Lhasa - Yamdrok Lake - Lhasa
- 9 Days Central Tibet Tour with Premium Cultural Destinations Lhasa - Tsedang - Gyantse - Shigatse - Lhasa
- 12 Days Tibet Tour to the Historical Sites along the Brahmaputra River Lhasa- Nyingchi - Tsedang- Shigatse- Lhasa
How to get there
Best time to visit it
Map of Woka Hot Spring
enlarge the map