About Summer Palace of Panchen Lamas
The Summer Palace of Panchen Lamas is situated far below Tashilhunpo Monastery, about 1km south of Tashilhunpo Monastery. You can follow the road till the end and turn right into the compound. After your visit in Shigatse, you may pay a visit there if you have extra time. It is a walled palace complex on the south end of the town. The renovation of the palace is quite effective, especially in the gardens.
The restoration or reworking of wall murals is quite successful, though the new paintings are not comparable to the old works. Still, those works are quite lovely. Covering every surface of the rooms, their colors are vibrant, and their images are fantastic. And in the whole, the form is rather awesome.
In 1844, the seventh Panchen Lama, Tenpei Nyima, built the palace. The time of wring is the best time for you to walk around the gardens. Many staircase seemed open to visitors, and you can enter many rooms to see the local artists working. You can also go to the 1st floor to look for the 10th Panchen Lama's sitting rooms, and the 2nd floor to see his audience chamber.
Tips of Summer Palace of Panchen Lamas
1. You can visit the Tashilhunpo Monastery by the way, since they’re not far from each other.
2. Take a flashlight with you if you want to see the murals in detail.
Attractions nearby Summer Palace of Panchen Lamas
Recommended Tour Itineraries Including Summer Palace of Panchen Lamas
Located in Shigatse Prefecture, Mount Everest attracts a lot of tourists to visit every year. Besides, Shigatse is the second largest city in Tibet characterized Tibetan culture. Tibet Vista provides more than 10 tour packages including these tourist attractions in Shigatse Prefecture at the best price.
Popular Shigatse Tour Deals
- 7 Days A Week Tour to Everest Base Camp Lhasa-Gyantse-shigatse- Everest Base Camp
- 7 Days Gyantse Damar Festival Tour Lhasa - Lake Yamdrok - Gyantse - Lhasa
- 8 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp Small Group Tour Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Everest Base Camp - Lhasa
- 8 Days Central Tibet and Namtso Small Group Tour Lhasa-Gyantse-Shigatse-Lhasa-Lake Namtso-Lhasa
- 8 Days Tashilhunpo Festival Tour Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Tsedang
- 10 Days Lhasa to EBC and Namtso Lake Small Group Tour by train Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Mt. Everest - Namtso - Lhasa
- 11 Days Best of Tibet Tour with EBC Lhasa - Shigatse - EBC - Lhasa - Nyingchi
How to get there
1. Trek--It’s about 20-minute’s walk if you start from Tashilhunpo Monastery.
Best time to visit it
Map of Summer Palace of Panchen Lamas
enlarge the map