About Drolma Canyon
In Gulu Township, 92 kilometers away from the south of Nagchu Town, Drolma Canyon Scenic Spot has an average elevation of 4,700 meters. It has a nice natural environment with beautiful mountains and lakes. In June and July, the weather here is temperate and comfortable. With flowers and grass everywhere, it is very attractive.
It is 11 kilometers from National Highway 109 with breath-taking sceneries of green trees, colorful flowers, crystal clean lakes and lofty mountains. The Drolma Canyon spot is about 15 meters long; one side of the canyon stands lofty snow mountains and the other side is full of various green plants with a creek running between. There you can find vibrant animals like eagles, goats, rabbits and many others running and jumping on the vast grassland, as well as the breath-taking view of glaciers.
Tips of Drolma Canyon
The landscape of Drolma Canyon with various wildlife is astonishing. When seeing these cute animals, do not attempt to capture them.
Attractions nearby Drolma Canyon
Recommended Tour Itineraries Including Drolma Canyon
As one of the grandest festivals in Tibet, Nagqu Horse Racing will be held every August. A lot natural and cultural tourists attractions in Nagqu attract a noumber of tourists to come. Tibet Vista provides more than 10 Nagqu tour packages including these tourist attractions at the best price.
Popular Nagqu Tour Deals
- 6 Days Lhasa and Lake Namtso Small Group Tour Lhasa - Namtso Lake - Lhasa
- 8 Days Tibet Nagqu Horse Racing Festival Budget Travel by Train Lhasa - Nagqu - Lhasa
- 8 Days Yushu Horse Racing Festival Tour Xining - Tongren - Madoi - Yushu - Xining
- 10 Days Lhasa to EBC and Namtso Lake Small Group Tour by train Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Mt. Everest - Namtso - Lhasa
- 18 Days Cycling Tour from Golmud to Lhasa Golmud - Kunlun Mountain - Wudaoliang - Tuotuo River - Amdo - Nagqu - Namtso - Yangpachen - Lhasa
How to get there
Best time to visit it
Map of Drolma Canyon
enlarge the map