The Most Popular Tibetan Hotels in Lhasa
There are numerous Tibetan Hotels in Lhasa that attract numerous tourists for their rich Tibetan culture atmosphere demonstrated by the decoration, the furnishing and the layout which all exude authentic Tibetan flavor. Even the staff are all local Tibetan. Here I will introduce the most popular Tibetan hotels in Lhasa to you.
1. Lingtsang Boutique Hotel (5-Star), as the former residence of a saint, Ling Rinpoche, one of the teachers for the 14th Dalai Lama, was cited under Lhasa in The New York Times' "Places to go in 2012". This old famous courtyard structure with a history of over 300 years was renovated to a Tibetan style family hotel in 2011. This authentic Tibetan building, down to the very steep stairs and the pounded rock floors/ceilings, delivers a strong atmospheric feel from the rooftop to the rooms.
2. Dhood Gu Hotel (3-Star) is a typical Tibetan style hotel in Lhasa. You can feel the real atmosphere of Tibetan culture while living in Dhood Gu Hotel which is situated in the center of Lhasa and only 100 meters from the famous Jokhang Temple. All basic facilities are provided in the rooms, such as air-conditioning, satellite TV, IDD, 24 hours hot water.
3. Kyichu Hotel (3-Star) in Lhasa is named after the Kyichu River, which in Tibetan is known as "the river of happiness". The Kyichu Hotel is conveniently situated between the sacred Jokhang Temple in Barkhor Square, and the famed World Heritage Potala Palace - and just a few minutes walk from both - in the ancient, traditional quarter of Lhasa. The Kyichu Hotel, like its namesake river, will also bring you happiness and an unforgettable stay while in Tibet.
4. House of Shambhala (3-Star) is a typical Tibetan courtyard hotel located in a quiet alley of the famous Barkhor in the centre of Lhasa. The Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple are within easy reach. There are traditional style of natural wood rooms which own private retreat and Chinese-style beds. If you want to enjoy the sunshine preferably, upper-floor rooms are your best choice. There are delicious food in the restaurant such as Guru Rinpoche chicken tikka, Heinrich Harrer schnitzel.
5. Gorkha Hotel (2-Star) is an economic Tibetan style hotel located close to the well-known Barkhor street in Lhasa. It attracts foreign tourists not only for its low price, but for its unique traditional Tibetan architecture and decoration and a strong atmosphere of Tibetan culture. In particular, the old buildings used to be the seat of the Nepalese Consulate in Tibet, and the main building as well as trees in the yard has about two-hundred-year history.
Services and facilities of featured Tibetan style hotels in Lhasa: Air-condition equipped in each room, which can relatively warm the room; no central heating; 24 hours hot water supply; Excellent Western Style Breakfast buffet; Private twin & single room with attached bathroom; Free Internet Access.
See the hot tours in Lhasa