Restaurant around Everest Base Camp
Eating is the most basic part for any human being to live. People need food to have energy and keep alive. Then, how about eating during your Everest Base Camp tour? This article will share you some information about the best restaurant around Everest Base Camp (EBC).
As we all know that Mount Everest is the highest mountain in the world and on such high altitude, no crops are able to grow. So, there is not much to eat around EBC and the food here is mainly transported from Shigatse. As for the restaurants, there are mainly two kinds of restaurants here around EBC: one is the restaurant in Rongbuk Monastery, the others are the tent restaurants. And of course, none of them can match those restaurants in other cities or towns at lower altitude in tibet.
The monastery restaurant is managed by the Rongbuk Monastery which is around 8km away from EBC. And along the way from Rongbuk Monastery to EBC, there are tent restaurants managed by local Tibetans. Tent restaurant is very small and in fact it’s only the small kitchen of a tent. While, the food and dishes of the two kinds of restaurants are of no big difference, which are mainly fried rice and noodles and some other food and dishes. Green vegetables are very scarce here, and you’d better not expect to have some here. Besides, the prices of the food are much higher than those of other places. There are no other restaurants around EBC.
If you ask me which is better of the two kinds of restaurants, I recommend the monastery restaurant to you, for it is big in space and warm and there are people from all over the world gathering there sitting around a yak-dung burning stove. And if you spend the night in the monastery guesthouse (click to see the best hotel around EBC), it is more convenient for you to eat in the monastery restaurant.
More Mount Everest Base Camp Travel Guide
- Everest Base Camp Nepal vs Everest Base Camp Tibet
- Mount Everest History and Its Famous Explorers
- The Difference of Mt.Everest in Nepal and Tibet
- Kathmandu to EBC Distance: how far and how to get to EBC in Nepal and Tibet from Kathmandu
- How Many Base Camps on Everest in Both Sides of Tibet and Nepal
Everest Base Camp Tour Guide
- Best Time to Travel to Everest Base Camp
- When is the Best Time to Enjoy EBC Trek in Nepal
- The Best Hotel at Everest Base Camp (EBC)
- Guide to Everest Base Camp Tour in Winter
- How to Get to Everest Base Camp (EBC) from Nepal?
- How to Get to Everest Base Camp (EBC) from Lhasa?
- What Documents Do I Need for Everest Base Camp Tour in Tibet and Nepal?
Everest Trekking Guide
- What to Pack for Everest Base Camp Trek
- Tingri to Everest Base Camp Trekking
- Everest Trek: Trekking Routes along The Gama Valley
- Everest Base Camp Trekking Maps in Tibet
- Ultimate Packing List for EBC Trek in Tibet
- Best Trek in Nepal: Everest Base Camp Trek vs. Annapurna Circuit Trek
- Top 2 EBC Trekking Routes in Tibet
- EBC Trek in Tibet vs. EBC Trek in Nepal
Recommended Everest Base Camp Tour Packages
7 Days Lhasa to Kathmandu Overland Small Group Tour
Tour Route: Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Everest Base Camp - Kathmandu
From USD917 p.p
8 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp Small Group Tour: marvel at Mt.Everest real close
Tour Route:Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Everest Base Camp - Lhasa
From USD817 p.p
10 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp and Namtso Lake Small Group Tour
Tour Route:Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Mt. Everest - Namtso - Lhasa
From USD1138 p.p