Post Office at Everest Base Camp
Many travelers would like to share what they see or feel on their journey by sending postcards to their friends or family members. I suppose the moment arriving at the foot of the world’s highest peak must deserve tourists to share with others. The China Post Office at EBC in Tibet will help you accomplish your wish of sending postcard at EBC.
Located at an elevation of 5,300m, the China Post Office at EBC is reputed as the world’s highest post office. It was set up in 2008 to meet people’s need of posting card to friends and family members. Travelers can send post cards to their friends and family members from the world’s roof.
The simple China Post Office at Everest Base Camp.
Renowned as the highest mountain in the world, Mt. Everest attracts millions of travelers from all over the world every year. When arriving at the Everest Base Camp, tourists often feel very happy and may want to share their joy with family members and friends. Now, the post office can help them do it.
However, due to the harsh climate at EBC, the post office is only available from the end of April to August. During this period there is a temporarily post road set up by post office in Shigatse from Mount Everest Base Camp to Tingri. The post office is very very simple, and there are only three officials, the director, the comprehensive official and the courier. The opening time of the post office: 10:00 to 18:00.
Due to the poor transportation condition and harsh climate at Everest Areas, the fee for sending postcard is a little higher than other places of China, for example, from EBC to Beijing is about 3 RMB per postcard and from EBC to UK is about 10 RMB per postcard. The post office also needs a longer time to send your postcard.
More Mount Everest Base Camp Travel Guide
- Everest Base Camp Nepal vs Everest Base Camp Tibet
- Mount Everest History and Its Famous Explorers
- The Difference of Mt. Everest in Nepal and Tibet
- Kathmandu to EBC Distance: how far and how to get to EBC in Nepal and Tibet from Kathmandu
- How Many Base Camps on Everest in Both Sides of Tibet and Nepal
Everest Base Camp Tour Guide
- Best Time to Travel to Everest Base Camp
- When is the Best Time to Enjoy EBC Trek in Nepal
- The Best Hotel at Everest Base Camp (EBC)
- Guide to Everest Base Camp Tour in Winter
- How to Get to Everest Base Camp (EBC) from Nepal?
- How to Get to Everest Base Camp (EBC) from Lhasa?
- What Documents Do I Need for Everest Base Camp Tour in Tibet and Nepal?
Everest Trekking Guide
- What to Pack for Everest Base Camp Trek
- Tingri to Everest Base Camp Trekking
- Everest Trek: Trekking Routes along The Gama Valley
- Everest Base Camp Trekking Maps in Tibet
- Ultimate Packing List for EBC Trek in Tibet
- Best Trek in Nepal: Everest Base Camp Trek vs. Annapurna Circuit Trek
- Top 2 EBC Trekking Routes in Tibet
- EBC Trek in Tibet vs. EBC Trek in Nepal
Recommended Everest Base Camp Tour Packages
7 Days Lhasa to Kathmandu Overland Small Group Tour
Tour Route: Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Everest Base Camp - Kathmandu
From USD950 p.p
8 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp Small Group Tour
Tour Route:Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Everest Base Camp - Lhasa
From USD850 p.p
10 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp and Namtso Lake Small Group Tour
Tour Route:Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Mt. Everest - Namtso - Lhasa
From USD1180 p.p