Hotels in Lhasa Catering to Foreign Travelers the Most
As a hot tourist city, Lhasa offers countless hotels from budget hostels to international deluxe 5-star hotels. But not all hotels in Lhasa have the right permits to allow foreign travelers and a few Lhasa hotels catering to foreigners the most.
For those travellers who enjoy a luxury tour to Tibet, the following hotels are on the list of their choice.
1. Lhasa Manasarovar Hotel (5-star) is close to the railway station and Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor street and has 190 five star guest rooms including president suites, deluxe Tibetan commerce suites, deluxe standard rooms and single rooms.
Standard Room of 5-star hotel in Lhasa
2. St. Regis Lhasa Resort (5-star) is an international luxury hotel in Tibet, and also near to the famous Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor, and only approximate 15 km from the Lhasa Railway Station and about 75 km from the Lhasa Airport. It has 150 luxuriously appointed guest rooms and 12 spacious villas and suites (including a Presidential Suite equipped with state-of-the-art facilities). It boasts awe-inspiring views of the Himalayas and the Lhasa Valley from each of the 162 guest rooms, suites and villas.
But the most popular hotels among foreign travelers are the Tibetan Hotels in Lhasa. The Tibetan hotels are economic and clean, most importantly full of exotic flavor.
1. Kyichu Hotel (3-Star) is one of the oldest private, family run hotels in Lhasa, catering to foreigners and its staffs speak good English. It has 52-room (heated/and non) spacious traditional Tibetan decor rooms ranging from standard to deluxe. Kyichu Hotel is conveniently situated between the sacred Jokhang Temple in Barkhor Square, and the famed World Heritage Potala Palace.
Tibetan Hotel in Lhasa
2. House of Shambhala (3-Star), located in a quiet alley of the famous Barkhor, provides Tibetan traditional style of natural wood rooms.
3. Dhood Gu Hotel (3-Star) is a typical Tibetan style hotel in Lhasa. You can feel the real atmosphere of Tibetan culture while living in Dhood Gu Hotel which is situated in the center of Lhasa and only 100 meters from the famous Jokhang Temple.
For backpackers, there are many international youth hostels that only cost USD8-10 per night. These hostels offer Twin Beds Room, Triple Room, Dorm 4 Beds, Dorm 6 Beds and Dorm 8 Beds.
1. Dong Cuo International Youth Hostel is the first Tibetan style building and highest youth hostel in the world. The hostel is situated in the busiest street behind the famous Jokhang temple, where the previous commercial area of the old centre city is located and also nearby of the Potala Palace.
Dorm Beds in Lhasa
2. Phuntsok Kasang International Youth Hostel is located in the middle of the Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and Ramoche Temple. It's within 10 minutes walk to the three main spots. Lhasa's largest supermarket is just opposite the street. The hostel is a typical Tibetan courtyard in downtown area.
See how to arrange a budget tour in Lhasa