Is sleeping bag needed for EBC tour?
Due to the harsh climate of Everest Base Camp, you should pay special attention and make full preparation considering Everest Base Camp tour. As we all know, the altitude of Everest Base Camp is above 5000m and it can be quite cold even in summer, so is sleeping bag needed for Everest Base Camp (EBC) tour?
Yes, sleeping bags are absolutely needed for EBC tour both in summer and in winter. The truth is that you can choose different sleeping bags in different seasons. There is no doubt that it’s warmer in summer than in winter both in the daytime and at night. So you can choose relatively thin woolen sleeping bags in summer and thick down-filled sleeping bags which are quite cold-proof in winter. Generally speaking, in August, a duck down-filled sleeping bag weighing 1kg shall be enough warm for you; and the feather content of the sleeping bag should be more than 80% and the size of it may be as large as a big coke bottle after being compressed.
When traveling to EBC, you can take sleeping bags by yourself; you may take it to EBC from your home, or you can buy one in lhasa or along the way to EBC. If you don’t want to take too much things, you can also rent the sleeping bags from special stores managing sleeping-bag-renting around EBC. There are tents and sleeping bags for rental around EBC. And the prices vary from 50RMB to 80RMB per night. But, the sleeping bags you rent might not be clean enough.
More Mount Everest Base Camp Travel Guide
- Everest Base Camp Nepal vs Everest Base Camp Tibet
- Mount Everest History and Its Famous Explorers
- The Difference of Mt.Everest in Nepal and Tibet
- Kathmandu to EBC Distance: how far and how to get to EBC in Nepal and Tibet from Kathmandu
- How Many Base Camps on Everest in Both Sides of Tibet and Nepal
Everest Base Camp Tour Guide
- Best Time to Travel to Everest Base Camp
- When is the Best Time to Enjoy EBC Trek in Nepal
- The Best Hotel at Everest Base Camp (EBC)
- Guide to Everest Base Camp Tour in Winter
- How to Get to Everest Base Camp (EBC) from Nepal?
- How to Get to Everest Base Camp (EBC) from Lhasa?
- What Documents Do I Need for Everest Base Camp Tour in Tibet and Nepal?
Everest Trekking Guide
- What to Pack for Everest Base Camp Trek
- Tingri to Everest Base Camp Trekking
- Everest Trek: Trekking Routes along The Gama Valley
- Everest Base Camp Trekking Maps in Tibet
- Ultimate Packing List for EBC Trek in Tibet
- Best Trek in Nepal: Everest Base Camp Trek vs. Annapurna Circuit Trek
- Top 2 EBC Trekking Routes in Tibet
- EBC Trek in Tibet vs. EBC Trek in Nepal
Recommended Everest Base Camp Tour Packages
7 Days Lhasa to Kathmandu Overland Small Group Tour
Tour Route: Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Everest Base Camp - Kathmandu
From USD917 p.p
8 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp Small Group Tour: marvel at Mt.Everest real close
Tour Route:Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Everest Base Camp - Lhasa
From USD817 p.p
10 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp and Namtso Lake Small Group Tour
Tour Route:Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Mt. Everest - Namtso - Lhasa
From USD1138 p.p