Economic and Clean Hotels in Lhasa
There are hundreds of hotels at all levels from international luxury 5-star hotels to budget youth hostels for your option. But some of them are really very expensive and might cost you around 2000RMB for one night. So let me share some economic and clean hotels recommended in Lhasa with you.
1. Phuntsok Kasang International Youth Hostel (2-Star), located in the center of downtown Lhasa, is in the middle of the Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and Ramoche Temple. It's within 10 minutes walk to the three main spots. Lhasa's largest supermarket is just opposite the street. The hostel is a typical Tibetan courtyard in downtown area. Located behind the front buildings, the hostel enjoys its convenience but stays quiet and comfortable. The cost of this hotel is from RMB80 to RMB260.
2. New Mandala Hotel (3-Star) is one of economic hotels in Lhasa, located right next to Jokhang Temple. This hotel offers suite rooms, standard rooms, single rooms and triple rooms, totaled 79 guest rooms, mainly with classical Tibetan decoration style, clean, comfortable and well appointed. The staff there is well trained and do everything possible to make you feel at home and make your stay pleasant and comfortable. The cost of this hotel is from RMB150 to RMB260.
3. Lhasa Kailash Hotel (3-Star) is a Tibetan-style hotel located in the busiest and most traditional road in Lhasa, 200 meters away from Jokhang Temple and 800 meters away from Potala Palace. There are more than 60 rooms in the hotel. The hotel is still equipped with a 19-seat coach for the service of the guests who stay in the hotel. The cost of this hotel is from RMB110 to RMB200.
4. Yak Hotel (4-Star) enjoys a good location in the center of Lhasa and close to the Jokhang, Ramoche monastery. There are 62 rooms and 185 beds at various levels in the hotel which started operation in April 1986. Hotel staff can speak Chinese, Tibetan and English and you can get the tours, vehicles and professional guide services from them. The cost of this hotel is from RMB220 to RMB280.
5. Gang Gyan Hotel (4-Star) is operated by Tibet Gang-gyan Development Company and enjoys a superior location near the Ramoche Temple, the busy Barkhor Street and places for tourists to go sightseeing and go shopping. You can enjoy the full views of the famous Potala Palace when lying in bed.You can also enjoy a music feast performed both by the morning bell rings, evening drums and the Sanskrit singing at night. The cost of this hotel is from RMB150 to RMB340.
See Recommended Budget Tours in Tibet