Train to Tibet / Book Tibet Train Tickets
Please tell us your Tibet train tickets/tour ideas by filling out the following simple form. One of our tour experts will get back to you with detailed train tickets and tour information within 24 hours.
About Tibet Train Tickets:
With the easy accessibility of internet in China, it is easy to book train tickets online in China. However, because Lhasa is an incredibly popular tourist site, tickets for the Qinghai-Tibet Railway sell fast. The sleeper tickets in particular, are usually sold out soon after the ticket offices begin to sell them. An efficient and secure way for foreign tourists to book and purchase the tickets is by using a reputable online travel agency, which will charge a service fee. However, please be aware that some travel agencies are not reliable enough to guarantee the tickets.
In order to manage the ticket reservation well, the ticket offices ask for a train ticket reservation plan from travel agencies and groups. There are 3 kinds of plan: the annual plan to reserve the tickets for the coming year; the quarterly plan for the next 3 months, and the monthly plan for urgent reservation. If you book Tibet train tickets less than 30 days before the departure day, it is hard to guarantee tickets. It is obvious that with earlier booking, the better chance to guarantee tickets.
As a leading Tibet travel agency, Tibettravel.org has a considerable annual ticket reservation. Thus, we are one of the most qualified agencies to help you book your train tickets to Tibet.
A child of height less than 1.1m can enjoy a free ticket, while a child between 1.1m and 1.4m can enjoy a discounted train ticket. However, each child must be accompanied by at least one adult. If you ask us to purchase the tickets for you, please be aware however that this discounted price cannot be carried out, because of the difficulty of proving the height of passengers to the train ticket office without passenger stand aside. If you have children eligible for free or discounted tickets, please state this to us.
When you submit the reservation, please kindly read the NOTICE below.
- Your submitted reservation is not an order, but just an inquiry. The reservation need to be confirmed by Tibettravel.Org.
- As the limited supply of tickets of Tibet train, especially in the peak travel season, Tibettravel.Org need pay some fees for handling reservation, the ticket issurance and tickets delivery, so we need to charge customer an addtional service fee, the amount of which is affected by Supply and Demand. Before you decide to book the tickets, please contact our tripadvisor to confirm the amount of the service fee .
- Due to limited supply of tickets, generally speaking, Tibettravel.Org just offers the tickets to the cunstomers who book tour and tickets together, and does not offer tickets reservation service only. If you have already had a travel plan, please feel free to get a price quotation from Tibettravel.Org. We are sure to offer you the competitive price.
- It is better to reserve train tickets 3-6 months in advance, as the railway station tickets office normally give preferential treatment to earlier order.
- No matter how early you make the reservation, in China, the railway station tickets office will issue tickets 5-10 days in advance, and the tickets must to be issued at the departure city. Thus, we do not have enough time to deliver the train tickets to places out of China, but we can deliver the tickets to your local hotel or you can go to our local CITS office to fetch them.