11 Days Tibet Tour from Hongkong by train
(CTT017) Hongkong- Chengdu-Lhasa-Gyantse-Shigatse-Everest Base Camp-Lhasa
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
Fly from Hongkong to Chengdu to see the lovely Giant Pandas, enjoy the stunning scenry along the world's highest railway by taking a train to Lhasa, explore the holy land Tibet by visiting its monasteries, holy lakes and mountains, then appreciate the snow-covered world's highest mountain.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrive in ChengduDay 2
Tour Chengdu: Giant Panda Research& Breeding Center, Broad and Narrow Alley, and board the train in the eveningDay 3
Qinghai-Tibet Plateau Sightseeing by trainDay 4
Arrive in Lhasa in the morningDay 5
Tour Potala Place and Johkang Temple, Barkhor StreetDay 6
Tour Drepung and Sera MonasteryDay 7
Lhasa - Shigatse via Gyantse(360km)Day 8
Shigatse (3900m) to Everest Base Camp(5200m)Day 9
EBC (5200m) and return to Shigatse (3900m)Day 10
Shigatse (3900m) to Lhasa (3650m, 350km)Day 11
Depart from Lhasa
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Chengdu
Upon arrival in Chengdu airport, you will be transferred to your hotel in Chengdu. The rest of the day is for relaxation and you may explore the surroundings .
Stay overnight in Chengdu
Day 2: Tour Chengdu: Giant Panda Research& Breeding Center, Broad and Narrow Alley, and board the train in the evening
In the morning, drive for about half an hour to Chengdu Panda Breeding and Research Center, the home to giant pandas, where you will catch pandas' feeding time. They are at their most active, both Adults and Babies. There's a wealth of information and a panda museum in this 230-hectare park 10 km (6 miles) north of Chengdu.
In the afternoon, we are about to head back to downtown Chengdu to visit Broad and Narrow Alley where you can have a glimpse of folk culture of Chengdu and taste the traditional delicacy in there.
Board the train in the evening to Lhasa. The Tibet Railway offers a stunning alpine scenery full of snow caped mountains, lakes, vast plateau plains littered with nomads, yaks, Tibetan antelope and many other wild life elements. Tibet Railway is the world’s highest Railway. The 1,956 kilometers rail line expands a vast highland area with an average altitude of 4,300 meters above sea level, the highest being 5,068 meters.
Stay overnight in the train.
Day 3: Qinghai-Tibet Plateau Sightseeing by train
Day 4: Arrive in Lhasa in the morning
When you arrive in Lhasa in the morning, your guide will greet you and take you to your hotel. Tourists may view the Yarlung Tsangpo River/ Bhamaputra river (the Longest and largest river in Tibet) and Lhasa river on their way to Lhasa.
After arriving in Lhasa, you can take a rest and get acclimatized to high altitude. If you feel to go out, then you can go to the Potala Square, where you will enjoy the fountain with different colors and get amazing photos of the Potala and around.
For the new-comers of Tibet, to get acclimatized to the high altitude in Tibet. Having a good sleep in your hotel is a good option. Don not rush to visit attractions inside Lhasa city.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 5: Tour Potala Place and Johkang Temple, Barkhor Street
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace which is the winter palace of the Dalai lama.It was put to use since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
Then after lunch, tourists head to Jokhang temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century, in order to promote the Buddhist religion.Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve ,perhaps the only most venerated object in Tibetan Buddhism. Around the temple Barkhor street where you can kora (a religious circle of a building or mountain) with pilgrims and locals,in the meantime you can buy souvenirs.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 6: Tour Drepung and Sera Monastery
In the morning ,you are going to visit Drepung monastery which is one of the “ three great ” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1416 by Jamyang choge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. Ganden palace used to be Dalai lama’s palace in the Drepung before he moved to the Potala palace.
In the Afternoon, Tourists will visit Sera Monastery which is another one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1419 by Jamchen Chojey, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. The highlights of visiting Sera Monastery is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 7: Lhasa - Shigatse via Gyantse(360km)
In the morning, drive from Lhasa to Shigatse .On the way, drive over the Gampala pass (4790 m), and you will have a glimpse of Yamdrok-tso (4400m) .The Lake is surrounded by many snow-capped mountains and in the distance you can have spectacular views of Holy Mount Nyenchen Khangsar, (7191m) the highest mountain near Lhasa .
Later, we will pass and enjoy the Korola Glacier on the roadside; At Manak Dam Lake, you can hang pray flag at Simila Mountain Pass; Then, we will arrive in Gyantse, historically Tibet's third largest city (after Lhasa and Shigatse).In Gyantse, we will visit the famous Pelkor Monastery and Gyantse Kumbum and enjoy the Far view of Gyangtse Fortress.
After one and a half driving, we arrive in Shigatse, which is the second largest city in Tibet. In Shigatse, we may visit traditional Barley Mill and view the landscape of Barley Field (in summer).
Stay overnight in Shigatse
Day 8: Shigatse (3900m) to Everest Base Camp(5200m)
In the morning, we will visit the home of Panchan Lama - Tashilunpo Monastery. Then, we’ll leave Shigatse after getting your Alien’s travel permit, and then drive to Lhatse, it is a small town where you can have lunch.
After that, we will pass Tsola Pass(4600m), and Gyatsola Pass(5248m). Shortly after we enter Mt. Everest National Nature Reserve, tourists can enjoy the panorama of Himalaya at Gawula Pass(5198m).Then we drive along the New zigzag road to Everest Base Camp(5200m). You can get closer to gazt at the Mt. Everest peak. The sunset of golden Everest peak if time and weather permits at the lodging area.
Stay overnight at Rongbuk monastery guest house.
Day 9: EBC (5200m) and return to Shigatse (3900m)
Day 10: Shigatse (3900m) to Lhasa (3650m, 350km)
Day 11: Depart from Lhasa
The guide will transfer you to the airport or train station and help you get on board.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
8 Days Classic Tibet Tour from Xining by Train
13 Days Kathmandu-Lhasa-Beijing Tour by Train
15 Days China, Tibet and Nepal Tour by Train
12 Days Chengdu and Tibet Train Tour
Chengdu-Lhasa-Namtso Lake-Shigatse-Everest Base Camp-Lhasa
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 11 Days Tibet Tour from Hongkong by train