8 Days Lhasa to Namtso Lake Bike Tour
(TBT002) Lhasa - Namtso Lake - Lhasa
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
This popular and short cycling journey doesn’t demand extreme efforts, and will offer you wonderful scenery. during the tour you can see vast grassland dotted with sheep and yaks and traditional shepherds camp, never-melt snowy mountain, the Nyenchen Thanglha , sky-railway rushing through aside the road, holy Namtso lake sparkling in the sunshine. Riding is done along one of the main roads into Tibet - the well-built Qinghai Tibet Road. if tourists are lucky, they may see groups of pilgrims from nomadic areas to pray and do body length kowtow towards Lhasa.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrival at Lhasa & AcclimationDay 2
Lhasa Tour - Potala Place, Johkang Temple, Barkor StreetDay 3
Lhasa Tour - Drepung and Sera MonasteryDay 4
Bike from Lhasa to Damxung (155km)Day 5
Bike from Damxung to Namtso (75km)Day 6
Bike from Namtso to Yangpachen (123km)Day 7
Bike from Yangpachen to Lhasa (75km)Day 8
Departure from Lhasa
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival at Lhasa & Acclimation
Upon your arrival at Lhasa airport or train station, you will be greeted by your Tibetan guide and escorted to your hotel in Lhasa. From airport to Lhasa city, it only takes half an hour of driving along the Lhasa-airport highway. Driving along the Brahmaputra river, you will not only get amazed by the spectacular plateau scenery. If you take train to Lhasa, normally you will arrive in the late afternoon or evening, 20 minutes drive will take you to your hotel in Lhasa city.
Check into hotel, have a good rest to acclimatize the high altitude.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 2: Lhasa Tour - Potala Place, Johkang Temple, Barkor Street
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace which is the winter palace of the Dalai lama. It was put to use since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
Then after lunch, tourists head to Jokhang Temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century, in order to promote the Buddhist religion. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve, perhaps the only most venerated object in Tibetan Buddhism. Around the temple is Barkhor street where you can do kora (a religious circle of a building or mountain) with pilgrims and locals, in the meantime you can buy souvenirs.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 3: Lhasa Tour - Drepung and Sera Monastery
In the morning ,you are going to visit Drepung monastery which is one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1416 by Jamyang choge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. Ganden palace used to be Dalai lama’s palace in the Drepung before he moved to the Potala palace.
In the Afternoon, Tourists will visit Sera Monastery which is another one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1419 by Jamchen Chojey, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. The hot attraction is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 4: Bike from Lhasa to Damxung (155km)
Day 5: Bike from Damxung to Namtso (75km)
Nyenchen Thanglha snow mountain ranges appear in front of you all the way, Today’ most difficult ride is to climb to Mt. Nagenla Pass at.5190m high, the 4WD could take you and your bike to over the mountain pass if you need help.
After going through the mountain pass, you can see the sheepherders’ tents. You could see green grassland, groups of sheep and yaks, nomad tents by the road.
Namtso Lake is the Heavenly lake which is one of the three holy lakes of Tibet and also the highest salt lake. To spend a night at lake shore is fantastic. Situated at about 5000m high, Namtso lake is actually the lake in the sky, lying on the highest plateau in the world.
Stay overnight by the lake.
Day 6: Bike from Namtso to Yangpachen (123km)
Day 7: Bike from Yangpachen to Lhasa (75km)
Day 8: Departure from Lhasa
The guide will transfer you to the airport or train station and help you get on board.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 8 Days Lhasa to Namtso Lake Bike Tour