6 Days Visit Lhasa and Countryside Tibetan Village
(TFMT007) Lhasa - Ganden Monastery - Trubshi Village Trekking - Lhasa
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
This Lhasa tour for family is designed for you to view the beautiful countryside scenery of Lhasa. You will enjoy a short trek and visit a Tibetan family to experience their daily life. Before that, you are recommended to visit the Dickey Orphanage which was founded by a kind Tibetan woman.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrive in LhasaDay 2
Lhasa tour - Potala Place, Johkang Temple, Barkor Street (B)Day 3
Visit Sera Monastery and Dickey Orphanage (B)Day 4
Lhasa to Ganden Monastery and Trubshi Village (B)Day 5
Half day trek near Trubshi Village (B)Day 6
Departure from Lhasa (B)
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Lhasa
When you arrive in Lhasa either by train or flight, your guide will greet you and take you to your hotel .An route to view the Yarlung Tsangpo River/ Bhamaputra river (the Longest and largest river in Tibet) and Lhasa river.
After arriving in Lhasa ,you can take a rest and acclimatize to plateau environment. If you feel to go out, then you can go to the Potala square, where you will enjoy the fountain with different colors and get amazing photos of the Potala and around.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 2: Lhasa tour - Potala Place, Johkang Temple, Barkor Street (B)
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace which is the winter palace of the Dalai lama. It was put to use since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
Then after lunch, tourists head to Jokhang Temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century, in order to promote the Buddhist religion. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve, perhaps the only most venerated object in Tibetan Buddhism. Around the temple is Barkhor street where you can do kora (a religious circle of a building or mountain) with pilgrims and locals, in the meantime you can buy souvenirs.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 3: Visit Sera Monastery and Dickey Orphanage (B)
Tourists will Dickey Orphanage founded by private funding in Lhasa in the morning. There are dozens of children aged between 3 and 17, some of whom are disabled children, mainly girls, Because it is a private orphanage, whose funding relies mainly on donation. You may kindly prepare things such as used children's clothes and shoes, school supplies,etc for orphans.
Afternoon, you will visit Sera monastery founded in 1419 by Tsongkapa’s disciple Jamchen Choeje. The most attractive scene is monk debate which is held in the courtyard at around 3-5 pm.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 4: Lhasa to Ganden Monastery and Trubshi Village (B)
Today, you will visit Ganden Monastery and the Tibetan Village Trubshi (About 3400m) nearby. It takes 1.5 hour driving from Lhasa to Ganden Monastery. Ganden Monastery is the first and primary monastery of Gelug sect in Tibet and the monastery covers a mountain side and is home to hundreds of Monks. It is very interesting to go for Lingkor (religious circuit) around the monastery and you can also see the crack of rock which was magically done by Great Tsongkapa.
Then walk about 15 minutes to go into Tibet Village and Tibetan Family. You can communicate with the family member and take part in their daily home work like cooking Tibetan Food, etc.
Stay overnight at Trubshi Tibetan Village.
Day 5: Half day trek near Trubshi Village (B)
Exploring the Tibetan Village life will be the focus of today’s travel. You may do some trekking along the village or ride horse if horses are available (Horse riding is not free, please discuss the price with local people).
After lunch at Tibetan Family in Trubshi,we will leave hospitable Tibetan Family and drive back to Lhasa. At about 3:00pm, you will be in Lhasa, the rest of the day is for leisure, you can explore around and do some shopping by yourself.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 6: Departure from Lhasa (B)
The guide will transfer you to the airport or train station and help you get on board.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 6 Days Visit Lhasa and Countryside Tibetan Village