10 Days Best of Central Tibet and Everest Base Camp
(TET003 ) Tsedang - Yamgdrok Lake - Gyantse - Shigatse - Sakya - EBC - Shigatse - Lhasa
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
This adventure tour for Mt. Everest deals with the essence of Tibetan landscapes and ethic folklore, including most of the major sights in Tibet. Lhasa is the main political and economic center of Tibet, while Tsetang serves as the cradle of Tibetan civilization. Gyantse is the historic trade hub and Shigatse is the seat of the Panchen Lama and the monastery houses the biggest gilded statue of Maitreya (Buddha of the future) in world. Of course, the most important part is the chance to gaze on the magnificent north face of the world's tallest peak, Mt Everest.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrive in Tibet, Transfer to Tsedang（3100m）Day 2
Tsedang Tour：Yumbu lhakhang, Trandruk , Samye monasteryDay 3
Tsetang (3100m)to Gyantse(3950m)Yamdrok lake, Karo Glacier, Gyantse monasteryDay 4
Gyantse(3950) to Sakya(4300m) Tashi Lhunpho monastery, Sakya monasteryDay 5
Sakya (4300m) to EBC (5200m) Lhaste, Gyatso Pass, ShegarDay 6
EBC (5200m) to Shigatse(3900m)Day 7
Shigatse(3900m) to Lhasa(3650m)Day 8
Lhasa Tour - Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street (B)Day 9
Lhasa Tour - Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery (B)Day 10
Departure from Lhasa
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Tibet, Transfer to Tsedang（3100m）
When you arrive at Lhasa Gonggar Airport, your guide will greet you and drive to Tsedang (2 hrs driving). The rest time is for you to take a good rest and get acclimated to the altitude.
Stay overnight in Tsedang
Day 2: Tsedang Tour：Yumbu lhakhang, Trandruk , Samye monastery
Tsedang is reputed as "the cradle of Tibetan Civilization"". In the morning, tourists will visit Yumbu lhakhang, the first imperial palace built on the rocky hill for the first Tibetan king and you could have nice view the whole valley from there. Then visit one of the oldest temples ,trandruk with a history of 1,300 years, which is the one tourists couldn’t afford to miss and drive to Samye monastery, the Tibet first Buddhist monastery, built in 8 century and the first monastery completed with the three Buddhist jewels of Buddha, Dharma and Sangha.
Stay overnight in Tsedang
Day 3: Tsetang (3100m)to Gyantse(3950m)Yamdrok lake, Karo Glacier, Gyantse monastery
Today, lots of beautiful scenery will be seen on the way to Gyantse. Passing over the Gampala pass (4790 m),you will have a glimpse of Yamdrok-tso (4400m) .The Lake is surrounded by many snow-capped mountain and in the distance you have spectacular views of Holy Mount Nyenchen Khangsar, (7191m) the highest mountain near Lhasa . We head westward along the lake can see Karo Glacier and drive towards Gyantse. Gyantse was historically Tibet's third largest city (after Lhasa and Shigatse)
Stay overnight in Gyantse
Day 4: Gyantse(3950) to Sakya(4300m) Tashi Lhunpho monastery, Sakya monastery
In the Morning, we drive towards Shigatse. In Shigatse, you will visit the famous Tashilhunpo monastery where you can see the well-preserved largest statue of Jampa (future Buddha) in the world. This monastery is the seat of Tibet's second highest incarnation, the Panchen Lama. In the afternoon we drive to the Sakya county where tourists can visit the famous Sakya monastery. It was founded in 1073 and was the principal monastery of the Sakya sect of Tibetan Buddhism. Sakya monastery consists of two parts, northern and southern monastery. The Northern monastery is only visible as a ruin while Southern monastery was built like a fortress, surrounded by a moat.
Stay overnight in Sakya
Day 5: Sakya (4300m) to EBC (5200m) Lhaste, Gyatso Pass, Shegar
Today we will drive from Sakya to Rongpuk. As road is currently under construction, from Tingri to E.B.C, we have to drive on the rough road, pass the wild grassland, cross the torrent and high mountains. If the weather is clear, you can have a glimpse of 4 mountains which are 8000m high or even higher. Enjoy your remaining time at Everest base camp.
Stay overnight in Ronguk Guest House or Tent
Day 6: EBC (5200m) to Shigatse(3900m)
In the morning, you can see the sunrise appearing on the top of Mt Everest, and have a full view the magnificent Mt. Everest standing like a snow-capped pyramid in front of you at Rongpuk, which is the vantage point for watching Mt. Everest. Tourists can also tour Rongphu Monastery which is the highest monastery in the world (5000m) and belongs to Nyingma sect. After that, drive back to Shigatse.
Stay overnight in Shigatse
Day 7: Shigatse(3900m) to Lhasa(3650m)
Today, we will back to Lhasa on the friendship Highway. The whole distance is almost 280km and it takes 6 hours along the Yarlung Tsangpo River / Bhamaputra River (the Longest and largest river in Tibet).
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 8: Lhasa Tour - Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street (B)
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace, the winter palace of the Dalai Lama. It has been used since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections are the gilded burial stupas of past Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
After you take lunch and then head to Jokhang temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century, in order to promote the Buddhist religion. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve, perhaps the single most venerated object in Tibet Buddhism.
Around Barkhor Street, you can do kora (circling the Barkhor Street) with pilgrims and locals and buy the souvenirs.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 9: Lhasa Tour - Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery (B)
In the morning, you are going to visit Drepung monastery which was one of the “three greet” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1416 by Jamyang choge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. Ganden palace is used as Dalai Lama’s palace in the Drepung before moving to the Potala palace.
In the afternoon, visit Sera Monastery---It was one of the “three great” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1419 by Jamchen chojey, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. The highlight is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 10: Departure from Lhasa
Tourists will depart from Lhasa airport.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
10 Days Grand Natural Beauty of Tibet
Lhasa - Lake Namtso - Lhasa - Shigatse - EBC - Shigatse - Lhasa
10 Days Himalaya Mountain Expedition
Lhasa - Gyangtse - Shigatse - Everest Base Camp - Cho Oyu Base Camp - Shigatse - Lhasa
9 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp in-depth Travel
Lhasa-Gyantse-Sakya-Everest Base Camp-Shigatse-Lhasa
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 10 Days Best of Central Tibet and Everest Base Camp