12 Days Tibet to Nepal Countryside Discovery
(TNT012) Lhasa - Trubshi Village - Lhasa - By flight - Kathmandu - Phakding - Kathmandu
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
The 12-day offers you a great chance to experience the rustic charm in Tibetan village and explore the unique Sherpa life in the Everest region in Nepal. The cultural encounter with Local Tibetans and Sherpas, leisurely scenic treks and contrasting landscapes, Tibetan and Nepali temples, etc. will make it the best journey you’ve ever enjoyed.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrival in Lhasa (3650m)Day 2
Lhasa Tour - Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor StreetDay 3
Lhasa Tour - Drepung Monastery and Sera MonasteryDay 4
Go for Ganden Kora and Head to Trubshi VillageDay 5
Leisurely Trek in Trubshi Village and Move back to LhasaDay 6
Enjoy the Trans-Himalayan Flight from Lhasa to Kathmandu (flight 1:40hrs)Day 7
Full-day Sightseeing in KathmanduDay 8
Fly from Kathmandu (1310m) to Lukla (2850m) and Trek to Phakding (2640m), 4hrs trekDay 9
Trek from Phakding (2640m) to Namche Bazaar (3440m), 6 hrs trekDay 10
Explore Namche Bazaar and Enjoy a Light Trek to View Mighty Himalayan PeaksDay 11
Trek back to Lukla, 7hrsDay 12
Fly back to Kathmandu for the Departure
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival in Lhasa (3650m)
• Receive the auspicious White Hada and Tibet Travel guide from our Tibetan guide;
• Enjoy the welcome ceremony at the airport or railway station;
• Get a glimpse of Potala Palace and holy Lhasa city;
Meals: Not Included.
Hotel in Lhasa.
Upon your arrival in Lhasa, our Tibetan guide will be greeting you at the airport or train station with auspicious white Hada. Then you will be transferred to hotels in Lhasa. The guide will briefly introduce the itineraries and remind you about other dos and dont's for newcomers. To quickly get acclimatized to Tibetan plateau, it’s better to have a good rest in the hotel.
For the new-comers to Tibet, never rush to visit attractions downtown as your body needs time to get acclimatized to the high altitude on Tibetan Plateau. Slight headache, dizziness, and rapid pulse are pretty common. They will disappear in a couple of days. Or you may use the oxygen bar in your hotel to ease any discomfort due to altitude ascent. Feel anything you need, please feel free to reach your Tibetan guide.
Day 2: Lhasa Tour - Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street
• Explore the White House and Red House in Potala Palace;
• Enjoy the bird’s eye view of Lhasa city from Potala;
• Visit the sandalwood statue of Sakyamuni in Potala; the life-size statue of Sakyamuni in Jokhang;
• Experience the famous Barkhor Kora;
• Taste Tibetan sweet tea and other local food;
Our first stop is to visit the Potala Palace, the UNESCO world heritage site and the winter palace of the Dalai Lama. Walking slowly along the long stone steps to the White and Red Palaces, you can explore the former residence of Dalai Lama and his meeting room and religious chamber. You can see the gilded burial stupas of past Dalai Lamas and the meditation cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet. A bird's-eye view of Lhasa city and Lhasa valley from the top of Potala Palace will take your breath away.
After we have lunch and then we will head to holy Jokhang Temple.It's the most sacred Buddhist site in Tibet. Outside the temple, you will witness pious Tibetan pilgrims, young and old, prostrating themselves in front of Jokhang and long lines of Tibetans following the Barkhor circuit. Inside, traveling in dim butter light, you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve,perhaps the single most venerated object in Tibet Buddhism.You may reach the top of Jokhang Temple to enjoy the panorama of old Lhasa city and great vista of Potala Palace.
Then we may do the kora by circling the Barkhor Street with pilgrims and locals and buy some souvenirs. Never miss the chance to enjoy the tasty sweet tea in local tea house and visit Tromzikhang, the famous farm produce market.
Hotel in Lhasa.
As each traveler only has one hour for visiting Potala Palace, do closely follow our guide’s guidance; walk slowly and take a rest if needed when you hike the Potala Palace;
Dress properly when visiting the Buddhist site and no photo is allowed inside the Buddhist hall.
Day 3: Lhasa Tour - Drepung Monastery and Sera Monastery
• Enjoy the hike and panorama of Lhasa Valley and witness huge monk kitchen and Thangka display platform in Drepung Monastery;
• Experience the lively monk debate and colorful sand mandala in Sera Monastery;
In the morning, you are going to visit Drepung Monastery which was one of the “Great Three” Gelug Monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1416 by Jamyang Choge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. Ganden palace is used as Dalai Lama’s palace in the Drepung before moving to the Potala Palace.
In the afternoon, you will visit Sera Monastery which is another one of the “Great Three” Gelug Monasteries of Tibet and founded in 1419 by Jamchen Chojey, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. The highlight is the monks’ debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon.
Hotel in Lhasa.
The grand Shoton Festival (July 1st on Tibetan calendar); the steps are steep for the hike in Drepung. Walk slowly to prevent acute mountain sickness;
The Monk Debate in Sera Monastery (3-5p.m, Mon to Fri); only the cell phone camera is allowed to take photos in debate courtyard.
Day 4: Go for Ganden Kora and Head to Trubshi Village
• Drive through the hairpin turns to Ganden Monastery;
• Enjoy the incredible vista of Ganden and the panorama of Kychi Valley;
• Experience the Scenic Ganden Kora;
• Meet the Locals at Trubsh Village and spend the night there;
Head to the Ganden, the monastery with the best view at the suburb of Lhasa. It is situated on the Wangpori mountain with an elevation of 3800m above sea level and is considered to be one of the “Great Three” Gelugpa monasteries, founded by the Great Tsongkhapa in 1409. It is very interesting to go for kora (or pilgrimage) around the monastery and tourists can see the Great Tsongkapa’s meditation cave and the beautiful view of Kychi valley.
Then you keep traveling to Trubshi Village, an enchanting village with an altitude of nearly 3400m where you can experience the Tibetan countryside life and have dinner with them and spend a night there.
Guesthouse at Trubshi Tibetan Village.
Built at the top of Wangbur Mountain, Ganden Monastery has an altitude of 4,300m. It’s better to wear a pair of trekking boots and walk slowly during the kora (trek).
Day 5: Leisurely Trek in Trubshi Village and Move back to Lhasa
• Enjoy the rustic charm of Trubshi Village and picture-postcard landscapes around it;
In the morning, you may do some Trekking in Trubshi village which is known as one of the most beautiful Tibetan villages for trekking. Tibet famous trekking route from Ganden to Samye monastery starts from this village.
Then after lunch at Tibetan Family in Trubshi, tourists will part with hospitable Tibetan Family and return back to Lhasa. At about 3:00pm, tourists will be in Lhasa. The rest of the day is for relaxation, you can walk around and do some shopping by yourself.
Meal: Not Included.
Hotel in Lhasa.
Horse-backing/yak riding is also aviailable to you if you prefer. The charge from the local herdsmen is not included in our tour.
Day 6: Enjoy the Trans-Himalayan Flight from Lhasa to Kathmandu (flight 1:40hrs)
• Enjoy the bird’s eye view of the mighty Himalayas in the plane;
In the morning/afternoon, our Tibetan guide and the driver will pick you up for the flight to Kathmandu. Flying over the incredible Himalayan range is sure to be one of your most memorable experiences to be remembered in your life.
After you land at Tribhuvan International Airport, you may apply for the tourist visa on arrival. Our Nepali Guide and driver will patiently wait for you and later give you a ride to your hotel in Kathmandu. The rest of the day is for free exploration.
Meal: Not included.
Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 7: Full-day Sightseeing in Kathmandu
• Explore the medieval temples and palaces of Kathmandu Durbar Square;
• Tour the towering Swayambhunath Stupa, ruled by monkeys;
After breakfast, full day valley sightseeing with Kathmandu Durbar Square, the place of the Malla and then the Shah Kings of Nepal, visiting Kumari Temple, house of the virgin goddess, visiting Swayambhunath Stupa (Monkey Temple), a stupa on the top of hill - from here you can overlook the scenery of Kathmandu, Visiting Patan Durbar Square, the second largest town in the valley, Krishna Mandir, Golden Temple etc.
Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 8: Fly from Kathmandu (1310m) to Lukla (2850m) and Trek to Phakding (2640m), 4hrs trek
• Experience the world’s most thrilling flight to Lukla with incredible mountain view;
• Enjoy the contrasting landscapes for the trek;
Have an early rise for the morning flight (25min) from Kathmandu to Lukla. The flight itself is awe-inspiring as we fly parallel to the Himalayan giants bordering Nepal and Tibetan China. Flying time to Lukla is approximately 40 minutes. Upon arrival in Lukla, we will be met by our local guides and porters. There will be time to explore the village whilst the Sherpa crew sort and load equipment.
Lukla lies at an altitude of 2850m ("luk la" = place of sheep). From Lukla we descend on a wide trail northwest to the village of Choblung in the Dudh Kosi Valley. The valley radiates energy through beautiful pine and rhododendron forest. The walking is easy and we follow the river's course, passing through the village of Ghat. Our destination is the small village of Phakding.
Close follow the guide’s instruction for the gradual ascent from today. Follow your pace and race against others. Otherwise, it might lead to mountain sickness.
Day 9: Trek from Phakding (2640m) to Namche Bazaar (3440m), 6 hrs trek
• Cross the iconic suspension bridge;
• Photograph the some of the top peaks along Himalayas, including Mt. Everest;
From Phakding we head up valley on a busy trail: porters from the lower Solu district in the south ferrying supplies to Namche, Sherpas with their Zopkio (half yak, half cow) taking trekking or climbing expedition equipment to the higher valleys. Continue along beside the Dudh Kosi amongst beautiful alpine scenery, through the fragrant blue pine and fir forest, glimpsing spectacular views of Kusum Kangru (6369m) and Thanserku (6608m) along the way.
We again cross the Dudh Kosi, to the western bank at Jorsale prior to trekking through the entrance to the Sagamartha National Park. Continuing upstream along the banks to the confluence of the Bhote Kosi and Dudh Kosi, it is here we begin our first sustained ascent to Namche Bazar after crossing the large suspension bridge.
Walking at a slow pace, we have a fantastic photographic opportunities as the peaks of Everest (8848m), Lhotse (8511m), Nuptse (7879m), Arna Dablam (6856m) and Taweche (6542m) come into view for the first time. Climbing again, the path takes us through pine trees to reach the distinctive horse-shoe shaped bowl containing the village of Namche Bazar. Stay in the heart of the village.
Meal: Not Included.
Hotel in the Namche Bazar Village.
Day 10: Explore Namche Bazaar and Enjoy a Light Trek to View Mighty Himalayan Peaks
• Visit Sherpa Museum and closely explore Sherpa culture and history;
• Enjoy the leisurely trek to enjoy might Himalayan peaks;
Traditionally, Namche Bazaar is used for acclimzation for EBC trekking. You may visi the Sherpa Museum, where you will learn more history of Sherpas and their contribution to EBC climbing. Then, go for the leisurely trek to Everest View Hotel to see the Everest Panoramic ranges including view of Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku and Kusum Kangaru. It takes about 2 hours to go up and we will have a tea break for an hour with the panoramic view of everest at Everest View Hotel and we back down to Namche Bazaar.
Hotel in Namche Bazaar.
Day 11: Trek back to Lukla, 7hrs
Leave Namche at 10 am and descend to Lukla.
Guesthouse in Lukla.
Day 12: Fly back to Kathmandu for the Departure
Meal: Not included.
Take the morning flight back to Kathmandu and for the onward flight back home. The tour ends.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
13 Days Lhasa to Kathmandu via Eastern Tibet Tour
Nyingchi - Bomi - Rawo - Nyingchi - Tsedang - Yamdrok Lake - Lhasa - By flight - Kathmandu
15 Days Tibet and Nepal Culture Tour
Lhasa -Tsedang- Gyangtse -Shigatse- Sakya -Gyirong Port- Kodari -Kathmandu- Nagarkot -Pokhara
17 Days Scenic Tour of Tibet and Nepal
Lhasa - Namtso Lake - Everest Base Camp - Gyirong Port - Nagarkot - Chitwan - Pokhara
18 Days Tibet and Nepal Culture and Nature Tour
Lhasa -Tsedang -Gyangtse -Shigatse -Sakya -Gyirong -Kodari- Kathmandu -Chitwan- Lumbini -Nagarkot -Pokhara
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 12 Days Tibet to Nepal Countryside Discovery