6 Days Trekking Mt. Siguniang, the Oriental ALPs Tour
(KTT011) Chengdu-Mt. Siguniang-Chengdu
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
Mt. Siguniang or Mountain Four Maidens is repueted as the Oriental ALPs. Trekking in the valleys of Mt. Siguniang is a wonderful way to get close to the breathtakingly beautiful natural scenery, the alpine lakes, snow capped mountains, primitive forest, highland pasture, etc.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrive in ChengduDay 2
Chengdu - RilongDay 3
Rilong to Base Camp (5 hours’ trekking)Day 4
Base Camp to Camp 1 (5 hours’ trekking)Day 5
Climb for the summit, and back to RilongDay 6
Rilong – Chengdu
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Chengdu
Transfer to your reserved hotel for a good rest after arriving in Chengdu airport or train station. You can enjoy Sichuan opera after dinner.
Stay overnight in Chengdu
Day 2: Chengdu - Rilong
Day 3: Rilong to Base Camp (5 hours’ trekking)
Trek from Rilong to the Base Camp of the first peak along Haizigou Valley, another colorful valley in Mt. Siguniang with alpine meadows and lakes. You need to hire a horse to carry luggage for you. After your arrival in base camp, your horseman will set up the camp and cook for you.
The lake in Haizigou is rich in copper, which adds the impressive turquoise color to it.
Day 4: Base Camp to Camp 1 (5 hours’ trekking)
Trek from the BC to Camp 1(4200m). You will trek into an even higher attitude, so your paste will be slower. Have a good night when you settle down in Camp 1. From here you can see spectacular sunset with those snow peaks.
The night in highland is unforgettable, shining stars are more brilliant than stars you ever seen. Take a good rest for climbing the summit tomorrow.
Day 5: Climb for the summit, and back to Rilong
Try to reach the summit of the first peak (5025m). Ride horse back to Rilong. If you ascend onto the summit successfully, the Mountains Climbing Society will give a certificate to you.
Stay overnight in Rilong
Day 6: Rilong – Chengdu
Drive back to Chengdu and end the trip.
Note: After arriving in Rilong, you also have the following choices.
Choice A: Days 3-4 Trekking in Shuangqiao Valley
Shuangqiao (Two-Bridge) Valley is the most easily accessible valley with vistas of snowy peaks, pastures, grassland and forests. It is the most beautiful valley of Mountain Siguniang (Four Maidens). The whole valley is accessible by tour bus, but trekking or horse riding in this valley is more interesting.
Choice B: Days 3-4 Trekking in Changping Valley
Changping Valley is another amazing valley in Mt. Siguniang with primitive forest and Tibetan villages. Tourists usually trek or ride horse through this valley.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
8 Days Western Sichuan Impression - Small Loop Tour
Chengdu-Hailuogou-Kangding-Danba - Chengdu Tour
6 Days Drive from Northwestern Sichuan to Southern Qinghai
5 Days Happy Road Horse-riding in Songpan Tour
10 Days Litang Horse Racing Festival Tour
12 Days Jiuzhaigou National Park and Northwest Sichuan Tour
Chengdu-Mt. Siguniang-Danba-Rangtang-Ruo’ergai-Flower lake-Langmusi-Jiuzhaigou-Chengdu
11 Days Amazing Western Sichuan Tour
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 6 Days Trekking Mt. Siguniang, the Oriental ALPs Tour