11 Days Amazing Western Sichuan Tour
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
This itinerary focuses on western Sichuan province, i.e. the Tibetan-inhabited areas in eastern Tibet. Compared with the wilderness of Qinghai-Tibet plateau, western Sichuan province features more diversified natural beauty, consisting of snow-capped mountains, sacred lakes, vast grasslands, grand canyons and lush forests.
You can see Daocheng Yading, the last Shangri-La, which is famous for its well-preserved natural scenery and the Tibetan culture， known as the last piece of pure land on the blue plane; the watchtowers in Danba, which have existed for more than 1,000 years and it is a miracle for them to survive so many earthquakes; Jiaju Tibetan village, the most beautiful village in China; and Mt. Siguniang, known as the East Alps.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrive in ChengduDay 2
Rilong-Mt. SiguniangDay 10
Depart from Chengdu
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Chengdu
Transfer to your reserved hotel after arriving in Chengdu airport or train station. The rest of the time is free for you to have a good rest and you can enjoy Sichuan opera after dinner.
Stay overnight in Chengdu
Day 2: Chengdu-Kangding
Drive 336km from Chengdu to Kangding via Ya'an. We'll pass 'Erlang Tunnel'- the first pass of the countless high mountains on the Sichuan-Tibet highway, and arrive in Kangding-the capital city of Ganzi Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture in the afternoon. After dinner, you can enjoy the hot spring at Erdaoqiao.
Stay overnight in Kangding
Day 3: Kangding-Yajiang
After breakfast, visit Anjue Monastery- the main temple at Kangding. You will have a rare chance to see their morning ceremony per day! Then drive to Xinduqiao for lunch. Xinduqiao is renowned as the Paradise of Photographers.
In the afternoon, drive to Yajiang County for accommodation.
Stay overnight in Yajiang
Day 4: Yajiang-Litang-Daocheng
Drive 220km to Daocheng with a stop at Litang for lunch. On the way, we will enjoy amazing sights of Jianziwan & Kazila mountains. Litang is known as the world’s highest city for its elevation at 4010m and famous for its Horse Racing Festival held in August. After lunch, drive to Daocheng with rich soil and unique Tibetan culture. You can enjoy a hot spring at Daocheng.
Stay overnight in Daocheng
Day 5: Daocheng-Yading
Day 6: Yading-Daocheng-Yajiang
Drive back to Daocheng for lunch and then keep driving to Yajiang.
Stay overnight in Yajiang
Day 7: Yajiang-Tangong-Danba
We will drive to Tagong grass land via Xinduqiao. The scenery is absolutely fabulous! After a 113km drive, we will arrive in Danba with Jiarong Tibetan people. This is why you come. Furthermore, you may have a good chance to enjoy the 'Jiarong Tibetan's customs & stock house's' slides show.
Stay overnight in Danba
Day 8: Danba-Rilong
Today is the highlight of your whole trip. You will have a 'half-day-tour' at the local 'Jiarong Tibetan' family. People here are most friendly & hospitable. At Jiaju Village, you will enjoy breathtaking scenery & unique architecture, charming at home and abroad. Then drive to Rilong at the foot of Mountain Siguniang.
Stay overnight in Rilong
Day 9: Rilong-Mt. Siguniang
Day 10: Rilong-Chengdu
Day 11: Depart from Chengdu
Transfer to Chengdu airport for your flight to next destination. The tour ends.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
6 Days Drive from Northwestern Sichuan to Southern Qinghai
8 Days Western Sichuan Impression – Small Loop Tour
Chengdu-Hailuogou-Kangding-Danba - Chengdu Tour
10 Days Looking for Shangri-La, the last piece of pure land on the blue planet
16 Days Chengdu to Ganzi Tibetan Area Tour
Chengdu-Four Girls Mountain-Danba-Tagong-Daofu-Ganzi-Dege-Baiyu-Litang-Chengdu
6 Days Trekking Mt. Siguniang, the Oriental ALPs Tour
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 11 Days Amazing Western Sichuan Tour