6 Days Drive from Northwestern Sichuan to Southern Qinghai
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
This Kham Tibet Overland Tour will take you to explore the Sichuan, Gansu & Qinghai Tibetan Area, specifically taking in Aba in Sichuan, Southern Gansu and Tongren in Qinghai. Highlights of this tour are Flower Lake, Langmusi temples, Xiahe Labrang monastery and Tongren Repkong Tibetan art.
At a GlanceDay 1
Jiuzhaigou sightseeingDay 3
Jiuzhaigou -LangmusiDay 4
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Chengdu-Huanglong-Jiuzhaigou
Day 2: Jiuzhaigou sightseeing
Today is a full day of sightseeing at Jiuzhaigou. After breakfast, enter Jiuzhaigou by taking the sightseeing bus as well as hiking wherever you like to visit the three valleys of this national park, Rize valley, Zechawa valley and Shuzheng valley. In the evening, enjoy a Tibetan and Qiang minority culture show.
Stay overnight in Jiuzhaigou
Day 3: Jiuzhaigou -Langmusi
Drive from Jiuzhaigou to Langmusi, a small town located at the border between Sichuan and Gansu. We will pass Chuanzhusi town, then drive on the Ruo'ergai prairy grassland. Visit a local nomad family en route.
In the afternoon, visit the Flower Lake, where we can see a lot of wild flowers are growing under the water in the lake. In the evening, arrive in Langmusi town.
Stay overnight in Langmusi
Day 4: Langmusi-Xiahe
Visit two Tibetan Buddhist monasteries at Langmusi town. One is Gerdi monastery on Sichuan side and the other Langmusi is on Gansu side. Both are Buddhist Colleges with thousands of young monks studying there. After that, drive to Xiahe. On the way, we can see endless grassland dotted with yak herds and sheep flocks.
Stay overnight in Xiahe
Day 5: Xiahe-Tongren
Day 6: Tongren-Xining
Tongren or Repkong is famous for Repkong art which features Tibetan Tangka and paintings. The paintings of local Tibetans are vivid and delicate, and most of which are related with the Buddhism stories. Also visit the Wutun monastery at Tongren.
In the afternoon, drive to Xining, the capital of Qinghai province.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
12 Days Jiuzhaigou National Park and Northwest Sichuan Tour
Chengdu-Mt. Siguniang-Danba-Rangtang-Ruo’ergai-Flower lake-Langmusi-Jiuzhaigou-Chengdu
8 Days Western Sichuan Impression – Small Loop Tour
Chengdu-Hailuogou-Kangding-Danba - Chengdu Tour
15 Days Eastern Tibet Culture Discovery Tour
Lhasa- Ningchi- Rawu lake -Kham Tour
16 Days Chengdu to Ganzi Tibetan Area Tour
Chengdu-Four Girls Mountain-Danba-Tagong-Daofu-Ganzi-Dege-Baiyu-Litang-Chengdu
6 Days Trekking Mt. Siguniang, the Oriental ALPs Tour
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 6 Days Drive from Northwestern Sichuan to Southern Qinghai