10 Days Looking for Shangri-La, the last piece of pure land on the blue planet
(KTT010) Chengdu-Kangding-Xinduqiao-Daocheng Yading-Shangri-La
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
Yading scenic spot is located in Yading village of Shangri- La town, Daocheng County in Ganzi Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture. You can see holy snow-capped mountains, vast meadows, colorful forest and clear Haizi. It is a memorable tour in your life time because here is where you can find the most breathtaking scenery on snow-covered plateau. It is reputed as the last piece of pure land on the blue planet and the paradise of photography by foreign tourists owing to its unique landform and original natural landscapes.
In 1928, Joseph Rock, an American botanist and explorer introduced Yading to the whole world by publishing his photos on "National Geographic Magazine" in America after he getting back from Yading.
There are three famous snow-capped mountains in Daocheng Yading, namely Mt. Xiannairi, Mt. Jambeyang, and Mt. Xianuoduoji, which are regarded as the guardian peak of Yading Tibetan. The snow-capped mountains are surrounded by colorful forest and reflection of valley can be seen on the lake. This is the legendary Shangri-La,which makes you feel stepping into a fairyland as pretty as a piece of oil painting.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrive in ChengduDay 2
Chengdu - Kangding (336km)Day 3
Kangding - Xinduqiao - Yajiang (182km)Day 4
Yajiang - Litang - Daocheng (220km)Day 5
Daocheng - Yading (110km)Day 6
Yading - DaochengDay 7
Daocheng - Xiangcheng - Shangri-La (330Km,13h)Day 8
Shangri-la to Deqin via Benzilan (172km, 4:27h)Day 9
Deqin - Zhongdian (184km)Day 10
Zhongdian - Lijiang
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Chengdu
After arrival in Chengdu airport or train station, you will be transferred to your reserved hotel in Chengdu. The rest of the time is free for you to have a good rest. You can enjoy Sichuan opera after dinner.
Stay overnight in Chengdu
Day 2: Chengdu - Kangding (336km)
Drive from Chengdu to Kangding with a stop at Ya’an for lunch. We'll pass Erlang Mountain - the first pass of the countless high mountains on the Sichuan-Tibet highway. We will arrive in Kangding, the capital city of Ganzi Tibetan Autonomous Area. You can enjoy the hot spring at Erdaoqiao after dinner.
Stay overnight in Kangding
Day 3: Kangding - Xinduqiao - Yajiang (182km)
Day 4: Yajiang - Litang - Daocheng (220km)
In the morning, drive to Litang, the highest city in the world, for lunch. We will pass two 4,300m high mountains-the Jianziwan & Kazila Mountain. Drive another 146km to Daocheng after the visit to a Tibetan monastery. Daocheng is a place with rich soil & Tibetan culture, and a good place for recharging yourself before Yading.
Stay overnight in Daocheng
Day 5: Daocheng - Yading (110km)
Drive around 2 hours to Yading Nature Reserve through Riwa (Shangrila) village after breakfast. We can enjoy charming countryside scenery en route. Then enjoy a horse-riding to Chonggu Temple to see the scenery of Chonggu Temple and holy peak Xiannairi and a short trek from Chonggu Temple to Drolma-la tso (Pearl Lake).
Stay overnight in Yading Village
Day 6: Yading - Daocheng
Get up early to see the beautiful sunrise at Ghonggu Temple if it is a nice day, and then keep riding horse to Luorong Pasture. It is the best location to pilgrim the three saint peaks of Xiannairi, Yangmaiyong and Xialuoduojie.
In the afternoon, ride horse back to Yading village and drive back to Daocheng. At night, you can enjoy a hot spring and a Tibetan performance.
Stay overnight in Daocheng
Day 7: Daocheng - Xiangcheng - Shangri-La (330Km,13h)
Get up early and drive to Shangri-La, which by coincidence mirrors the enchanting and peaceful land, i.e. Shangri-La, described in James Hilton's ficton--'Lost Horizon'. You can explore the magnificent Sumtseling Monastery，a well-known Buddhist site of Gelugpa sect of Tibetan Buddhism and stroll in picturesque Potatso National Park, where rarely-seen flora and fauna, gushing valleys and local Tibetan villages, etc. make fictional images come alive before your eyes.
Stay overnight in Shangri-La
Day 8: Shangri-la to Deqin via Benzilan (172km, 4:27h)
In the morning, enjoy a short walk to see the famous Jinsha River bend, and then drive to Deqin via White Horse Mountains. After arriving in Deqin, drive another 7km to Feilaisi, which is the best place to see holy Mt. Meili, one of the most sacred mountains of Tibetan Buddhism. Thousands of devout pilgrims worship together and encircle the holy mountain in winter each day.
Stay overnight in Feilaisi or Deqin
Day 9: Deqin - Zhongdian (184km)
Day 10: Zhongdian - Lijiang
After breakfast, drive to the ancient town Lijiang, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its historical remains of building and culture. See the famous Tiger-leeping Gorges en route.
Stay overnight in Lijiang
(Note: The overland tour ends in Lijiang. If you need to extend your tour to Dali, Kunjing or other places of China, just let us know.)
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
11 Days Amazing Western Sichuan Tour
12 Days Jiuzhaigou National Park and Northwest Sichuan Tour
Chengdu-Mt. Siguniang-Danba-Rangtang-Ruo’ergai-Flower lake-Langmusi-Jiuzhaigou-Chengdu
15 Days Eastern Tibet Culture Discovery Tour
Lhasa- Ningchi- Rawu lake -Kham Tour
16 Days Chengdu to Ganzi Tibetan Area Tour
Chengdu-Four Girls Mountain-Danba-Tagong-Daofu-Ganzi-Dege-Baiyu-Litang-Chengdu
20 Days Northern and eastern Tibet Kham Culture Loop Tour
Lhasa- Nyingchi-Chamdo- Markam - Tengchen- Sok D Zong-Nagchu-Namtso-Lhasa
5 Days Happy Road Horse-riding in Songpan Tour
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 10 Days Looking for Shangri-La, the last piece of pure land on the blue planet