5 Days Short Visit to Lhasa from Nepal by Air
(KLT004 ) Kathmandu - Lhasa
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all levels of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
It only takes around 2-hour flight from Lhasa to Kathmandu. If you have a plan to travel in Nepal, why not visit Tibet, neighbor of Nepal. A tour of 5 days in the capital city, Lhasa will give a chance to have an unusual journey of Tibet Buddhism in which tourists can tour Potala Palace and four of the most important monasteries and travel around and mingle with locals. All the travel documents including Tibet Visa and Travel Permit will be perfectly arranged by Tibet Vista before your departure to Lhasa.
At a GlanceDay 1
Fly from Kathmandu to LhasaDay 2
Lhasa tour - Potala Place, Johkang Temple and Barkor Street (B)Day 3
Lhasa Tour - NorbuLingkha Palace, Tibet Museum and Sera Monastery (B)Day 4
Lhasa Tour - Ganden Monastery and Trek around (B)Day 5
Departure from Lhasa (B)
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa
When you arrive in Lhasa by flight, your guide will greet you and take you to your hotel. An route to viewing the Yarlung Tsangpo River/ Bhamaputra river (the Longest and largest river in Tibet) and Lhasa river.
After arrive in lhasa, you can take rest and acclimatize. If you feel to go out, then you can go to the Potala square, where you will enjoy the fountain with different color and get amazing photos of the Potala and around.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 2: Lhasa tour - Potala Place, Johkang Temple and Barkor Street (B)
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace, the winter palace of the Dalai Lama. It has been used since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections are the gilded burial stupas of past Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
After you take lunch and then head to Jokhang temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century, in order to promote the Buddhist religion. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve, perhaps the single most venerated object in Tibet Buddhism. Around the temple Barkhor street where you can do kora (circling the Barkhor street) with pilgrims and locals and buy the souvenirs.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 3: Lhasa Tour - NorbuLingkha Palace, Tibet Museum and Sera Monastery (B)
In the morning, we visit some representative monasteries and palaces in Tibet. NorbuLingkha Palace, the summer palace of Dalai Lama, is a representative of Tibetan garden with pavilions and ponds. And there are many rare and valuable treasures in NorbuLingkha.
Then you will visit the Tibet Museum nearby Norbulingka Palace, where one can have a basic understanding of Tibetan people, history of cultural development, Tibetan life style and so on.
In the afternoon, you will visit Sera monastery, one of three magnificent monasteries in Tibet. The highlight of this Buddhist school is daily routine monk debate at 4pm. They debate the issues of Buddhism with body language, which is one of the classic events of Tibetan Buddhism.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 4: Lhasa Tour - Ganden Monastery and Trek around (B)
Today drive to the Ganden Monastery. It is about 60 kilometers east of Lhasa and is one of the “Great Three” Gelugpa monasteries of Tibet, founded by the Great Tsongkhapa in 1409.The main sight is Serdung, which contains the tomb of Tsongkhapa. Ganden monastery is situated on the Wangpori mountain with an elevation of 3800m above sea level.
It is very interesting to trek Lingkor(circle) around the monastery and you can also see the Great Tsongkapa’s meditation cave and many religious figure statues and the beautiful view of Lhasa valley.
In the afternoon, drive back to the Lhasa.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 5: Departure from Lhasa (B)
Your guide and driver will be ready and waiting at your hotel lobby to get you to the airport on time.
End the tour.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
7 Days Lhasa to Kathmandu Overland Small Group Tour
Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Everest Base Camp - Kathmandu
7 Days Kathmandu to Lhasa Overland Trip with EBC
Kathmandu - Gyirong Port - Tingri - EBC - Shigatse - Gyantse - Lhasa
7 Days Kathmandu to Lhasa Overland Trip without EBC
Kathmandu - Gyirong - Lhatse-Tingri- Sakya - Shigatse - Gyantse - Lhasa
9 Days Kathmandu to Lhasa Overland Tour with EBC
Kathmandu - Tibet border - North Face Everest Base Camp - Sakya - Shigatse - Gyantse - Lhasa
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 5 Days Short Visit to Lhasa from Nepal by Air