15 Days Kailash Pilgrimage Tour from Kathmandu (fly in and out via Lhasa)
(TTK015) Kathmandu - Lhasa - Shigatse - Saga - Lake Manasarover - Mt. Kailash trek - Darchen- Drirapuk - Saga -Shigatse- Lhasa - Kathmandu
- based on double occupancy;
- 3-star accommodation level in low season;
- international airfare is not included;
- price is subject to change according to group size and payment methods;
Join-in small group with fixed departure!
Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; experienced in high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
This Mt. Kailsh pilgrimage tour begins by Kathmandu tour and then fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa, the capital of Tibet.In Tibet tourists can experience the essential culture of The Roof of the World, and visit the famous Potala Palace with 1000 Rooms, The Jokhang Temple (Tibet's most sacred monastery) and The Tashilunpo Monastery in Shigatse. Then embark on a leisurely drive to Saga and do kora around Lake Manasarovar and Mt.Kailash before driving back to Lhasa for your return flight back home.
At a GlanceDay 1
Kathmandu (1300m) arrivalDay 2
Kathmandu SightseeingDay 3
Flight Kathmandu –Lhasa(3650m.) 1.Hr.15 min flightDay 4
Lhasa Sightseeing - Potala Palace and Johkang TempleDay 5
Move forward to ShigatseDay 6
Shigatse to SagaDay 7
Lake Manasarover (4558m) 500 km, 8-9 Hrs. DrivingDay 8
Stay at Lake Monassarovar for a whole day, drive to DarchenDay 9
Trek Day One - Darchen to Drirapuk (6.5 hrs, 11km)Day 10
Trek day two - Drirapuk to Dzultripuk (22km, 12 hours)Day 11
Trek day three - Dzutripuk to Darchen (Trek 7km, driving 5km).Day 12
Drive to Shigatse (3800m)Day 13
Drive to Lhasa (3650m)Day 14
Departure from Lhasa to KathmanduDay 15
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 1: Kathmandu (1300m) arrival
Arrival Katmandu transfer to hotel, evening program briefing, Meal plain (B/L/D).
Stay overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu
Day 2: Kathmandu Sightseeing
Full day sightseeing in Katmandu valley by AC coach: Pashupatinath, Buddhanath, Swayambhunath, Jalnarayan and Kathmandu Durbar square, Meal plain (B/L/D).
Stay overnight at hotel in Kathmandu
Day 3: Flight Kathmandu –Lhasa(3650m.) 1.Hr.15 min flight
Fly Katmandu/Lhasa (3700m) transfer to hotel,Meal plain (B/L/D).
Stay overnight at hotel in Lhasa
Day 4: Lhasa Sightseeing - Potala Palace and Johkang Temple
Day 5: Move forward to Shigatse
Early morning Drive 360km to Sightse (3900m) via new road, visit to Tashilungpo Monastery where the world’s highest (33m) gold gilded statue of future Buddha Maitreya is located. Meal plain (B/L/D).
Stay overnight in local hotel
Day 6: Shigatse to Saga
Drive 340km to Saga , joint of the regular kailash route. from here our crew will meet, our cook, cooks food and serve.
Stay overnight in New Sanga Hotel
Day 7: Lake Manasarover (4558m) 500 km, 8-9 Hrs. Driving
Drive to - Lake Manasarovar 385km (4500m).Very auspicious day for all people who will have first glimpse of Holy Manasarovar and view of Mt. Kailash From Horchu Pass. Meal plain (B/L/D).
Stay overnight at Chhu Gompa at the shore of lake Manasarovar
Day 8: Stay at Lake Monassarovar for a whole day, drive to Darchen
Day 9: Trek Day One - Darchen to Drirapuk (6.5 hrs, 11km)
Day 10: Trek day two - Drirapuk to Dzultripuk (22km, 12 hours)
Trek to Zuthulphuk (4790m) 22km. walk approximately 08 / 10 hours - Parikarma Continues, this is the day every pilgrims talks about, the most difficult journey through out the trip, Trek up to Dolma La pass (5600m). We will offer very short prayers at Dolmala and move towards Gaurikunda. They programmed in the same as usual, Meal plain (B/L/D).
Stay overnight at the guesthouse in Zuthulphuk.
Day 11: Trek day three - Dzutripuk to Darchen (Trek 7km, driving 5km).
On the day three of the kora. you will trek 7km to Zongto where you can take bus to Darchen. Along the Kora, you can see piles of Mani Stones. We will end the Trek around noon, rest in the lodging place.
Stay overnight in guest house
Day 12: Drive to Shigatse (3800m)
Drive back to Sightsee ,Meal plain (B/L/D).
Stay overnight in local hotel
Day 13: Drive to Lhasa (3650m)
Drive to Lhasa after Lunch free shopping etc Meal plan(B/L/D)
Stay overnight in hotel in Lhasa
Day 14: Departure from Lhasa to Kathmandu
Lhasa to Katmandu fly back and transfer to Hotel,Meal plain (B/L/D).
Stay overnight in hotel
Day 15: Tour ends
Departure transfer to Kathmandu airport, Meal plain (B) Trip concludes.
2018 Fixed Departure Dates
|Batch No.||Arrival in Kathmandu||Return to Kathmandu||Remarks||For Booking|
|1||15th May||29th May||Full Moon Trip||Request Booking|
|2||29th May||12th June||Request Booking|
|3||12th June||26th June||Full Moon Trip||Request Booking|
|4||10th July||21th July||Full Moon Trip||Request Booking|
|5||21th July||04th Aug||Request Booking|
|6||04th Sept||18th Sept||Full Moon Trip||Request Booking|
|7||11th Sept||25th Sept||Request Booking|
- All travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Knowledgeable English-speaking local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on the group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- One shared big Oxygen tank in the car;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- Flight or train to and out of Tibet;
- Domestic flight/train to Tibet not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
15 Days Kailash and Manasarova Tour
Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - E.B.C - Lake Manasarova - Kailash Trek - Saga - Shigatse - Lhasa
11 Days Tibet Kailash Pilgrimage Tour by Helicopter from Nepal
Kathmandu - Nepalgunj - Hilsa - Purang - Manasarovar - Darchen - Kailash - Purang - Nepalgunj - Kathmandu
13 Days Kailash Pilgrimage Tour via Gyirong Port
Kathmandu - Kerung - Shigatse - Paryang - Lake Manasarover - Mt.Kailash - Darchen - Saga - Kyirong - Kathmandu
17 Days Kailash Manasarovar Tour & Guge Kingdom Exploration
Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Everest Base Camp - Saga - Darchen - Kailash Kora (3 days) - Guge Kingdom - Manasarovar - Saga - Sakya - Shigatse - Lhasa
Get Started - 15 Days Kailash Pilgrimage Tour from Kathmandu (fly in and out via Lhasa)