10 Days Tibet Everest Base Camp Tour from Hong Kong by Train
(HTT003) Hong Kong - Flight to Xining - Qinghai Lake - Train to Lhasa - Shigatse - Everest Base Camp - Lhasa
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
This 10-day Tibet tour from Hong Kong offers a delightful visit to the Mount Everest, together with Tibet’s most popular sites and Xining’s Qinghai Lake into a package. Not only will you experience a marvelous overland tour from Lhasa to Everest Base Camp, but also you will take the famous Tibet train from Xining as an appetizer for your Tibet discovery.
Apart from visiting centuries-old monasteries and sacred sites in Tibet, you will also enjoy immense scenery of Tibetan Plateau, snow-clad high mountains, alpine blue lakes, and meet devout pilgrims from all round the world. Highlights of this trip include but not limited to Qinghai Lake, Potala Palace, Mount Everest, Yamdrok Lake, Tashilhunpo Monastery etc.
At a GlanceDay 1
Xining ArrivalDay 2
Qinghai Lake Day Tour and Take overnight Train to LhasaDay 3
Enjoy beautiful scenery of Qinghai-Tibet Railway and arrive in LhasaDay 4
Lhasa Tour: Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and Barker StreetDay 5
Lhasa Tour: Drepung and Sera MonasteryDay 6
Lhasa to Shigatse via GyantseDay 7
Shigatse to Everest Base CampDay 8
EBC to ShigatseDay 9
Shigatse to LhasaDay 10
Depart from Lhasa
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Xining Arrival
From Hong Kong you need to take a connecting flight to Xining, in Qinghai province of China. On arrival in Xining, our guide will transfer you to your reserved hotel. The rest of the day is for you to explore the surroundings or take a rest in the hotel.
Stay overnight in Xining
Day 2: Qinghai Lake Day Tour and Take overnight Train to Lhasa
In the early morning, drive about 2.5 hours from Xining to Qinghai Lake, China's largest inland salt water lake. The ellipse-shaped lake looks like a huge poplar leaf sitting on the alpine prairie. Scenery in Qinghai Lake varies according to seasons. Summer and autumn have the most comfortable weather conditions and the lake's scenery is most beautiful during these seasons. The most charming and attractive place in Qinghai Lake is the Bird Island. It situates on the western shore of the Lake. Cruising for about 30 minutes is a popular way to appreciate the lake. On the way to this charming lake, you can get a view of Riyue Mountain.
In the afternoon, drive back to Xining. Then, transfer to railway station for your overnight train to Lhasa.
Stay overnight in the train
Day 3: Enjoy beautiful scenery of Qinghai-Tibet Railway and arrive in Lhasa
Today, you will enjoy the most beautiful scenery of Qinghai-Tibet Railway, spectacular land of snows, boundless desert, vast grassland, and grand snow-capped mountains, beautiful lakes that will continually appear and strongly attract your heart. You will arrive in Lhasa at about 12:00. Your tour guide will hold a welcome sign with your name on it to greet you at the exit of the train station and escort you from the train station to your reserved hotel in Lhasa. The rest of the day is for you to get acclimatized to the altitude of Lhasa.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 4: Lhasa Tour: Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and Barker Street
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace which is the winter palace of the Dalai lama. It was put to use since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
Then after lunch, tourists head to Jokhang Temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century, in order to promote the Buddhist religion. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve, perhaps the only most venerated object in Tibetan Buddhism. Around the temple is Barkhor street where you can do kora (a religious circle of a building or mountain) with pilgrims and locals, in the meantime you can buy souvenirs.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 5: Lhasa Tour: Drepung and Sera Monastery
In the morning ,you are going to visit Drepung Monastery which is one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1416 by Jamyang choge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. Ganden palace used to be Dalai lama’s palace in the Drepung before he moved to the Potala Palace.
In the Afternoon, Tourists will visit Sera Monastery which is another one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1419 by Jamchen Chojey, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. The hot attraction is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 6: Lhasa to Shigatse via Gyantse
Passing by the green farmland of Nyangchu Valley, Yamdro-tso Lake, Karo-la Glacier roadside at 4960m, we move westwards to the second biggest city of Tibet, Shigatse, the area spiritually hosted by Pamchan Lama. The most important attraction for today is Yamdro-tso Lake and Kumbum monastery in Gyantse. Yamdro-tso Lake is shaped like coiling scorpion with deep blue in color and Kumbum monastery has a 35m-high Chorten (stupa) with its white layers trimmed with decorative stripes and its crown-like golden dome.
Stay overnight in Shigatse
Day 7: Shigatse to Everest Base Camp
Before leaving Shigatse, we will go to visit the home of Panchan Lama - Tashilhunpo Monastery. It is largest monastery of the Gelug Sect in Rear Tibet, and the main stage where generations of Panchen Lamas carried out religious and political activities. After getting your Alien’s travel permit, we will leave Shigatse and then drive to Lhatse for lunch.
After that, we’ll drive over Tsola Pass (4600M), and Gyatsola Pass (5248M). At Gawula Pass (5180m), tourists can view the panorama of Himalaya. Then we’ll drive along the new zigzag road to Everest Base Camp and get closer to Mt. Everest peak. If time and weather permits, you are lucky enough to catch the sunset of golden Everest peak at the lodging area.
Stay overnight at Rongbuk Guest House
Day 8: EBC to Shigatse
In the morning, you can see the sunrise appearing on the top of Mt. Everest, and have a full view the magnificent Mt. Everest standing like a snow-capped pyramid in front of you at Rongbuk, which is the vantage point for watching Mt. Everest. Then, tourists can visit Rongbuk Monastery which is the highest monastery in the world (5000m) and belongs to Nyingma sect. After that, drive back to Shigatse.
Stay overnight in Shigatse
Day 9: Shigatse to Lhasa
Today, we will drive back to Lhasa on the friendship Highway. The whole distance is almost 280km and it takes 6 hours along the Yarlung Tsangpo River/Bhamaputra River (the Longest and largest river in Tibet).
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 10: Depart from Lhasa
The driver will take you to airport or train station.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
6 Days Lhasa Tour from Hong Kong by Train
Hong Kong - Xining - Qinghai Lake - Train to Lhasa - Lhasa
8 Days Lhasa and Namtso Lake Tour from Hong Kong by Train
Hong Kong - Flight to Xining - Qinghai Lake - Train to Lhasa - Namtso Lake - Lhasa
12 Days Tibet Nepal Tour from Hong Kong with Tibet Train Experience
Hong Kong - Chengdu - Train to Lhasa - Shigatse - Everest Base Camp - Gyirong Border
14 Days Hong Kong Chengdu Lhasa Xian Beijing Tour
Hong Kong - Chengdu - Train to Lhasa - Lhasa - Xi'an - Beijing
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 10 Days Tibet Everest Base Camp Tour from Hong Kong by Train