7 Days Hong Kong Guangzhou to Lhasa by Flight
(HTT008) HK - Guangzhou - Lhasa
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
7-day HK and Tibet tour is highly recommended for tourists travelling with family members. You will enjoy the carnival atmosphere of Ocean Park and spectacular view of Victoria Park, superb shopping environment in HK; While in Lhasa, you can visit iconic Tibetan Buddhist sites and learn how local Tibetans and Tibetan pilgrims lead an extraordinary life of spiritualty on the plateau.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrive in HKDay 2
HK Tour: Aberdeen Harbor, Repulse Bay, Victoria PeakDay 3
HK Tour, HK--Guangzhou: Full Day tour in Ocean Park Hong Kong and Take Kowloon-Guangzhou Train to GuangzhouDay 4
Fly from Guangzhou to LhasaDay 5
Lhasa Tour - Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, and Barkhor StreetDay 6
Lhasa Tour - Drepung and Sera MonasteryDay 7
Departure from Lhasa
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in HK
As you arrive in Hong Kong, the vibrant and financial hub in Asia, our local guide will be expecting you at the HongKong International Airport. Later, the guide will escort you to your hotel. After you check in, the rest of the day is for you to have a good rest or explore the surroundings yourself.
Stay overnight in HK
Day 2: HK Tour: Aberdeen Harbor, Repulse Bay, Victoria Peak
The first stop of today’s tour would be the floating community of Aberdeen. Aberdeen is well-known for the floating village and floating seafood restaurants. It’s advisable to hire Sampans (small boats) to enjoy the Aberdeen Harbor. Strolling along Aberdeen Promenade is also a great choice for photographers.
Then we will move to Repulse Bay, beautiful beach without bustle and hustle as well as one of the most expensive residential areas in HK. At sunset, we are about to reach the foot of Victoria Peak and gradually ascend (by tram or hiking) to reach to peak to enjoy the stunning panoramic view of HK harbor from the hill.
Stay overnight in HK
Day 3: HK Tour, HK--Guangzhou: Full Day tour in Ocean Park Hong Kong and Take Kowloon-Guangzhou Train to Guangzhou
In the morning, we would head to the world-renown Ocean Park in Hong Kong. The mega theme park, consisting of The Summit and The Waster Front, covers an area of 91.5 hectares (226 acres). It’s a world-class entertaining park for travelers of all ages.
Tourists will be drawn to various attractions and rides, including four roller coasters, and also animal exhibits with different themes, such as a giant panda habitat, rainforest and polar displays, as well as an aquarium featuring the world's largest aquarium dome.
In the evening, we will take Kowloon-Guangzhou Train to Guangzhou and it takes about 2 hours’ ride. You will get transferred to hotel.
Stay overnight in Guangzhou
Day 4: Fly from Guangzhou to Lhasa
Take the morning flight from Guangzhou to Lhasa via Chongqing. The flight takes around 6h 30min. Upon your arrival in Lhasa Gonggar Airport, you will be warmly received by your tour guide who would say Tashi Delek, which means wishing you all the best and transferred to your reserved hotel in Lhasa. You can have a good rest to acclimatize the high altitude.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 5: Lhasa Tour - Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, and Barkhor Street
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace which is the winter palace of the Dalai lama. It was put to use since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
Then after lunch, tourists head to Jokhang Temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century, in order to promote the Buddhist religion. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve, perhaps the only most venerated object in Tibetan Buddhism. Around the temple is Barkhor street where you can do kora (a religious circle of a building or mountain) with pilgrims and locals, in the meantime you can buy souvenirs.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 6: Lhasa Tour - Drepung and Sera Monastery
In the morning, you are going to visit Drepung Monastery which is one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1416 by Jamyang choge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. Ganden palace used to be Dalai lama’s palace in the Drepung before he moved to the Potala palace.
In the Afternoon, Tourists will visit Sera Monastery which is another one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1419 by Jamchen Chojey, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. The hot attraction is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 7: Departure from Lhasa
The guide will transfer you to the airport or train station and help you get on board. The tour ends.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
9 Days Hong Kong Chengdu and Lhasa Tour by Flight and Train
HK - Chengdu - Lhasa
10 Days Hong Kong Chengdu to Xining by Flight and Xining to Lhasa by Train
HK - Chengdu - Xining - Lhasa
11 Days Hong Kong Chengdu to Lhasa and Namtso Tour by Trian
HK - Chengdu - Lhasa - Namtso - Lhasa
13 Days Hong Kong Shanghai Lhasa and EBC Tour
HK - Shanghai - Lhasa - Shigatse - EBC - Shigatse - Lhasa
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 7 Days Hong Kong Guangzhou to Lhasa by Flight