8 Days Classic Guangzhou and Lhasa Tour by Train
(GTT001) Guangzhou - Lhasa
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
Proximity to HK gives Guangzhou an edge as the easiest gateway city to enter mainland China. As China’s third largest city, Guangzhou is endowed with colonial cultural background, Chinese revolutionary history and vibrant economy. For the first-timers to China, it is a great place to learn the history of modern China. After the sightseeing in most iconic attractions in Guangzhou, tourists will board Guangzhou-Lhasa train to reach Lhasa, the capital of Tibet. And in the following three days, you can experience the exotic culture and customs, eps. the exploration of the most sacred Buddhist Monasteries in Lhasa city.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrive in Guangzhou and Tour Canton Tower at NightDay 2
Chen Clan Ancestral Hall, Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall, Chimelong International CircusDay 3
Guangzhou-Lhasa train to TibetDay 4
Train Ride to TibetDay 5
Scenery View of Tibet RailwayDay 6
Potala Palace, Johkang Temple, and Barkhor StreetDay 7
Drepung and Sera MonasteryDay 8
Departure from Lhasa
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Guangzhou and Tour Canton Tower at Night
After our clients arrive in in Guangzhou airport, the guide will be greeting you and later get you transferred to your hotel. You can have a good rest and explore around nearby streets.
After dinner, we will head to enjoy the spectacular night view of Guangzhou City from Canton Tower, a must-visit for first-timers to Guangzhou. Canton Tower is the second highest tower in the world. And it features the world’s highest bubble tram and longest spiral staircase, and jaw-dropping Sky Drop. The sky drop made it in the Guinness Book of World Records as the highest thrill ride in the world. Do bring your camera for the sunning panoramic night view of the Guangzhou City.
Day 2: Chen Clan Ancestral Hall, Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall, Chimelong International Circus
In the morning, we are expected to visit Chen Clan Ancestral Hall,mainly used as an academy for the Chen family to stay and study while preparing themselves for the imperial examination. Now, it is the home of the Guangdong Folk Art Museum. The historical complex truly is an oasis of tranquility and covers a total of approximately 13, 200 square meters. You can see exquisite porcelain, and amazing ornaments, sculptures, architecture and other handicrafts associated with the Qing dynasty. Overall, it’s a fantastic place for photography and cultural stroll.
In the afternoon, another brilliant historical site awaits history buffs, i.e. well-known Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall. Mr. Sun Yat-sen is revered in China as forerunner of Chinese democratic revolution. The Memorial Hall, situated on the southern slope of Yuexiu Hill, gives a full display of the life of Sun Yat-sen via historical photos and documents. You may also the two biggest white jade orchid trees of Guangzhou and enchanting landscaped gardens. The Memorial hall itself has an important historic value for China.
At night, all of us will enjoy the world-class performance by Chimelong International Circus. You will definitely be blown away by non-stop mesmerizing entertainment. From jaw dropping stunts to the shows of the adorable animals, it’s worth every penny spent on it.
Stay overnight in Guangzhou
Day 3: Guangzhou-Lhasa train to Tibet
In the morning, we will board the Guangzhou-Lhasa train and begin to enjoy the long ride. The Train Z264 departs at 11:45 and the entire ride covers 4980km, the longest train route for Qinghai-Tibet Railway. And it takes about 53:45 Hours to reach Lhasa.
Insider Tips: Do get prepared such as small snacks or fruits, books, music to kill time. Throughout the entire train journey, you will witness the most diverse topography and city scenes of mainland China.
Stay overnight in the train
Day 4: Train Ride to Tibet
The second day of the long ride, the train will pass Xi’an to Xining, which is the beginning of the highlights of Tibet Train journey.
Stay overnight in the train
Day 5: Scenery View of Tibet Railway
A full day window sightseeing along Qinghai-Tibet Railway, you will see land of snows, desert, immense grassland, ice mountain, beautiful lakes which will fairly entertaining.
Shortly after your arrival in Lhasa in the late afternoon of third day, you will be warmly received by your tour guide who would say TashiDelek, which means wishing you all the best and transferred to your reserved hotel in Lhasa. You can have a good rest to acclimatize the high altitude.
Insider Tips: To avoid acute altitude sickness, it’s highly advisable to have a good rest at your hotel. And never rush to tour attractions yourself inside the Lhasa city. Drink much water and eat vegetable. Meanwhile, it’s recommended not to have showers for the first couples of days in Lhasa to minimize the chance of catching cold.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 6: Potala Palace, Johkang Temple, and Barkhor Street
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace which is the winter palace of the Dalai lama. It was put to use since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
Then after lunch, tourists head to Jokhang Temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century, in order to promote the Buddhist religion. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve, perhaps the only most venerated object in Tibetan Buddhism. Around the temple is Barkhorstreet where you can do kora (a religious circle of a building or mountain) with pilgrims and locals, in the meantime you can buy souvenirs.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 7: Drepung and Sera Monastery
In the morning ,you are going to visit Drepung monastery which is one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1416 by Jamyangchoge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. Ganden palace used to be Dalai lama’s palace in the Drepung before he moved to the Potala palace.
In the Afternoon, Tourists will visit Sera Monastery which is another one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1419 by JamchenChojey, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. The hot attraction is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 8: Departure from Lhasa
The guide will transfer you to the airport or train station and help you get on board.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
9 Days Guangzhou, Xi’an and Lhasa Tour by Train
Guangzhou-Xian - Lhasa
11 Days Guangzhou, Xi’an and Lhasa and Heavenly Namtso Tour by Train
Guangzhou - Xi’an - Lhasa - Namtso - Lhasa
11 Days Guangzhou, Xining, Lhasa and Shigatse Tour by Train
Guangzhou - Xining - Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Gyantse - Lhasa
13 Days Guangzhou, Xining and Lhasa and EBC Tour by Train
Guangzhou - Xining - Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - EBC - Shigatse - Lhasa
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 8 Days Classic Guangzhou and Lhasa Tour by Train