6 Days Classic Chengdu and Tibet Tour
(CTT006) Chengdu - Flight to Lhasa - Lhasa
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
As the major overland gateway to the heart of Tibet, Chengdu, situated in the southwest of China, is a great appetizer to visit before officially touring Tibet. Some of the biggest features of Chengdu are the adorable giant pandas, fascinating Sichuan opera such as face- changing, and fertile land and pleasing environment make it the former residence of many ancient poets and Three Kingdoms history and culture, etc.
Then the around 2hours’ fly will bring tourists to experience a utterly different religion and alpine scenery. The fervent religious pilgrimage inside Jokhang Temple and Barkhor Street and majestic Tibetan Monasteries and Temples in and around Lhasa city, and Picturesque Lhasa valley, and hospitable Tibetans, etc. will reveal the mystery and show you the true life of this spiritual realm.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrive in ChengduDay 2
Tour Chengdu Panda Breeding and Leshan Giant BuddhaDay 3
Arrive in Lhasa and Acclimate to the High Elevation of Lhasa (3658m)Day 4
Lhasa Tour - Potala Palace, Johkang Temple, and Barkor StreetDay 5
Lhasa Sightseeing – Drepung Monastery,Sera MonasteryDay 6
Departure from Lhasa
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Chengdu
Upon arrival in Chengdu airport or railway station, our guide will be meeting you and get you transferred to your hotel in Chengdu. The rest of the day is at leisure.
If there is enough time , you can enjoy a short walk at the ancient Jinli Street. Later, drive to Wenshu Monastery to have wonderful taste of the vegetarian food for dinner. Another alternative is to enjoy the cultural show - Sichuan Opera in the evenving. (the cost is on you, based on your personal preference.)
Stay overnight in Chengdu
Day 2: Tour Chengdu Panda Breeding and Leshan Giant Buddha
In the morning, drive for about half an hour to Chengdu Panda Breeding and Research Center, the home to giant pandas, where you will catch pandas' feeding time. They are at their most active, both Adults and Babies. There's a wealth of information and a panda museum in this 230- hectare park 10 km (6 miles) north of Chengdu. It takes about 2.5 hours to visit this site.
In the afternoon, we are expected to drive about 2 hours from Chengdu to Leshan to have an overlook at the famous Giant Buddha by boat. The grand Buddha carved out of the cliffs at the confluence of the Dadu, Minjiang and Qingyi Rivers. You will take a sightseeing cruise to the center of the river and face the huge stone Buddha. Later, we will spend the last night in Chengdu.
Stay overnight in Chengdu
Day 3: Arrive in Lhasa and Acclimate to the High Elevation of Lhasa (3658m)
Tourists will take the morning flight from Chengdu to Lhasa. After your arrival in Lhasa by flight, your guide will greet you and take you to your hotel. Tourists may view the Yarlung Tsangpo River/ Bhamaputra river (the Longest and largest river in Tibet) and Lhasa river on their way to Lhasa.
After arriving in Lhasa, you can take a rest and get acclimatized to high altitude. If you feel to go out, then you can go to the Potala Square, where you will enjoy the fountain with different colors and get amazing photos of the Potala and around.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 4: Lhasa Tour - Potala Palace, Johkang Temple, and Barkor Street
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace which is the winter palace of the Dalai lama. It was put to use since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
Then after lunch, tourists head to Jokhang Temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century, in order to promote the Buddhist religion. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve, perhaps the only most venerated object in Tibetan Buddhism. Around the temple is Barkhor street where you can do kora (a religious circle of a building or mountain) with pilgrims and locals, in the meantime you can buy souvenirs.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 5: Lhasa Sightseeing – Drepung Monastery,Sera Monastery
Visit two important monasteries in Lhasa, the Drepung and the Sera.
Drepung monastery is situated at the foothill of a mountain and was founded by Jamyang Choeje in 1416. It was once home to 10000 monks and Ganden podrang in Drepung is famous as it was the government centre and later moved to the famous Potala palace during the fifth dalai lama.
After having lunch, visit the Sera Monastery, which was founded in 1419 by Tsongkapa’s disciple Jamchen Choeje. The most attractive is its Buddhist Scriptures debating held in the courtyard mostly around 3:00 – 5:00 in the afternoon.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 6: Departure from Lhasa
The guide will transfer you to the airport or train station and help you get on board.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
11 Days Chengdu and Lhasa World Culture Heritage Tour
Chengdu-Qinghai-Tibet train-Lhasa-Gyangtse-Shigatse Tour
8 Days Chengdu impression and Lhasa to Kathmandu overland Tour
Chengdu - By flight - Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - EBC - By overland - Kathmandu
7 Days Classic Chengdu and Tibet Impression Tour via Qinghai-Tibet Railway
9 Days Classic Chengdu and Lhasa to Kathmandu overland Tour via Qinghai-Tibet Railway
Chengdu - By train - Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - EBC - By overland - Kathmandu
10 Days Chengdu Impression and Lhasa to Everest Cultural Tour
Chengdu - Flight to Lhasa - Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Everest Base Camp - Shigatse - Lhasa
11 Days Classic Chengdu and Lhasa to EBC Tour via Qinghai-Tibet Railway
Chengdu-Lhasa-Gyantse-Shigatse-Everest Base Camp-Shigatse-Lhasa
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 6 Days Classic Chengdu and Tibet Tour