7 Days Classic Chengdu and Tibet Impression Tour via Qinghai-Tibet Railway
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all levels of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
As the most important overland gateway to Lhasa, Tibet, Chengdu is widely known for its giant panda tour and ancient Shu civilization and rich poetry culture and world-class natural heritage, etc. Tourists can visit the Jinli Street where the layout of buildings there all resembles architectural style of Han Dynasty. Besides, dramatic Sichuan opera, spicy Sichuan cuisine, etc are worth experiencing.
Later, tourists can enjoy the scenic Qinghai-Tibet Railway from Chengdu to Lhasa and as soon as you arrive in Lhasa, you will be deeply impressed by the breathtaking Potala Palace and other sacred Tibetan Buddhist Monasteries inside Lhasa. The 4-day stay in Lhasa will give tourists better understating of Tibetan Buddhism and the daily life of local Tibetans.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrive in Chengdu and Visit Jinli Street, Wenshu Monastery and Enjoy Sichuan OperaDay 2
Tour Chengdu Panda Breeding Center and Board Chengdu-Lhasa Train to TibetDay 3
travel on the trainDay 4
Enjoy Beautiful Scenery along Qinghai-Tibet Railway, Arrive in Lhasa and Transfer to HotelDay 5
Lhasa Tour - Potala Palace, Johkang Temple, and Barkor StreetDay 6
Lhasa Sightseeing - Drepung Monastery,Sera MonasteryDay 7
Departure from Lhasa
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Chengdu and Visit Jinli Street, Wenshu Monastery and Enjoy Sichuan Opera
Upon arrival in Chengdu airport or railway station, our guide will be meeting you and get you transferred to your hotel in Chengdu. The rest of the day is at leisure.
If there is enough time , you can enjoy a short walk at the ancient Jinli Street. Later, drive to Wenshu Monastery to have wonderful taste of the vegetarian food for dinner. Another alternative is to enjoy the cultural show - Sichuan Opera in the evenving. (the cost is on you, based on your personal preference.)
Stay overnight in Chengdu
Day 2: Tour Chengdu Panda Breeding Center and Board Chengdu-Lhasa Train to Tibet
In the morning, drive for about half an hour to Chengdu Panda Breeding and Research Center, the home to giant pandas, where you will catch pandas' feeding time. They are at their most active, both Adults and Babies. There's a wealth of information and a panda museum in this 230-hectare park 10 km (6 miles) north of Chengdu. It takes about 2.5 hours to visit this site.
Then, the whole afternoon can be free for you to explore around.
In the evening, you will be transferred to Chengdu Train Station for the overnight train to Lhasa. The train departs from Chengdu North Railway Station. It takes about 1 hour to check in as the train takes about 1000 passengers. Please be sure to arrive at the train station for 1 hour or a half before the train departure. Train Z322 from Chengdu to Lhasa departs at 21:37, and your Tibet Permit will need to be checked when you check in.
Stay overnight in the train
Day 3: travel on the train
Spend the whole day on the train to Lhasa. It is quite a long journey of taking a train from Chengdu to Lhasa. It will take 43:07 hours in the Train. On the first day you will pass through two important provincial capital cities in northwest China, Lanzhou and Xining. Xining is known as the beginning of Qinghai-Tibet Railway. Travelling along the rail line, you could see the scenery of countryside and cities in northwest China. The last stop for today is Xining, where you will arrive in about 11:54.
Stay overnight in the train
Day 4: Enjoy Beautiful Scenery along Qinghai-Tibet Railway, Arrive in Lhasa and Transfer to Hotel
Enjoy the most beautiful scenery of Qinghai-Tibet Railway. Spectacular land of snows, boundless desert, vast grassland, grand ice mountains, beautiful lakes that will continually appear and strongly attract your heart. You will arrive in Lhasa at about 16:00. Your tour guide will hold a board with your name to welcome you at the exit of the train station and escort you to your reserved hotel in Lhasa.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 5: Lhasa Tour - Potala Palace, Johkang Temple, and Barkor Street
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace which is the winter palace of the Dalai lama. It was put to use since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
Then after lunch, tourists head to Jokhang Temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century, in order to promote the Buddhist religion. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve, perhaps the only most venerated object in Tibetan Buddhism. Around the temple is Barkhor street where you can do kora (a religious circle of a building or mountain) with pilgrims and locals, in the meantime you can buy souvenirs.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 6: Lhasa Sightseeing - Drepung Monastery,Sera Monastery
Visit two important monasteries in Lhasa, the Drepung and the Sera.
Drepung monastery is situated at the foothill of a mountain and was founded by Jamyang Choeje in 1416. It was once home to 10000 monks and Ganden podrang in Drepung is famous as it was the government centre and later moved to the famous Potala palace during the fifth dalai lama.
After having lunch, visit the Sera Monastery, which was founded in 1419 by Tsongkapa’s disciple Jamchen Choeje. The most attractive is its Buddhist Scriptures debating held in the courtyard mostly around 3:00 – 5:00 in the afternoon.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 7: Departure from Lhasa
The guide will transfer you to the airport or train station and help you get on board.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
11 Days Chengdu and Lhasa World Culture Heritage Tour
Chengdu-Qinghai-Tibet train-Lhasa-Gyangtse-Shigatse Tour
6 Days Classic Chengdu and Tibet Tour
Chengdu - Flight to Lhasa - Lhasa
8 Days Chengdu impression and Lhasa to Kathmandu overland Tour
Chengdu - By flight - Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - EBC - By overland - Kathmandu
10 Days Chengdu Impression and Lhasa to Everest Cultural Tour
Chengdu - Flight to Lhasa - Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Everest Base Camp - Shigatse - Lhasa
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 7 Days Classic Chengdu and Tibet Impression Tour via Qinghai-Tibet Railway