5 Days Amdo Tibet Nomadic Life Experience Tour
(ATT005) Xining - Tongren(Repkong) - Kusum - Camping at Kusum
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
In addition to Tongren, the hometown of 14th Dalai Lama and painters, Kusum is the highlight of this tour. The local people are descendants of Tibetan and Mongolian. They live together friendly and lead a nomadic life. You will stay in tents there, and learn how to make traditional nomad’s food, milk yak, and experience authentic nomadic life.
At a GlanceDay 1
Xining - TongrenDay 2
Tongren - Labrang MonasteryDay 3-4
Labrang - Kusum TourDay 5
Kusum - Xining
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Xining - Tongren
Drive 200km from Xining to Tongren. It takes four hours to finish this drive. The three large monasteries of Rongwo, Gomar and Wutun in Tongren are all great for exploring. There are several art centers in town where you can see artists painting traditional Tibetan Thangkas.
Stay overnight in Tongren
Day 2: Tongren - Labrang Monastery
Day 3-4: Labrang - Kusum Tour
Drive to Kusum and camp with a nomad Tibetan and Mongolian families for 2 nights.
Kusum is one of the few untouched lands in the region where Mongol live today as the major immigrates. You will learn how to make nomad’s food, milk with the nomads, and learn how to live in the traditional Tibetan and Mongolian lifestyle.
Day 5: Kusum - Xining
Drive back to Xining. The rest time is for a good rest or travelling to your next destination.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
4 Days Short Amdo Tibet Tour from Xining to Tongren
Xining-Xunhua-Tongren(Repkong) Longwu monastery Tour
5 Days Short Xining Surrounding Tour
Xining-Qinghai Lake, Ta’er & Serdzong Monastery
6 Days Amdo Tibet Exploration Tour
Xining-Qinghai Lake-Serdzong-Huashixia- Mt. Amnye Machen Tour
6 Days Tibetan culture and nomadic life in Amdo Area
9 Days Amdo Area Tour, Tongren, Hometown of the 14th Dalai Lama
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 5 Days Amdo Tibet Nomadic Life Experience Tour