5 Days Short Xining Surrounding Tour
(ATT006) Xining-Qinghai Lake, Ta’er & Serdzong Monastery
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
This tour contains three famous scenic spots nearby Xining. Qinghai Lake is the largest salt water lake in China. Every July to August, large yellow canola flowers on the lakeside are in full bloom, which becomes the heaven of photographers.
As one of six major monasteries of Gelug Sect of Tibetan Buddhism, Taer Monastery is the birthplace of Tsongkhapa, the founder of Gelug Sect of Tibetan Buddhism. Moreover, murals, barbola and butter sculptures are known as three wonders of art in Taer monastery.
Serdzong Monastery is also a monastery of Tibetan Buddhism, which has a great reputation among locals. This monastery is located in the remote area, so the neighboring holy mountains are good places for trekkers.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrive in Xining by train or planeDay 2
Xining – Ta'er Monastery - Qinghai LakeDay 3-4
Qinghai Lake – Serdzong MonasteryDay 5
Serdzong Monastery - Xining
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Xining by train or plane
Xining, the capital of Qinghai Province, is known as the east gate of the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau. It is widely considered to be a perfect summer resort combining the brilliance of nature and culture. The rest of the time is free for you to have a good rest.
Stay overnight in Xining
Day 2: Xining – Ta'er Monastery - Qinghai Lake
Day 3-4: Qinghai Lake – Serdzong Monastery
Go from Qinghai Lake to Serdzong Monastery in Tsekorthang (Chi:Xing Hai) County to stay 2 nights. Serdzong, home to over 350 monks, is a remote Buddhist monastery set on the side of a rugged mountain at over 3600m/12,000 feet. Serdzong provides excellent hiking opportunities around a holly mountain which is just situated behind the monastery.
Stay overnight in Serdzong
Day 5: Serdzong Monastery - Xining
Drive back to Xining. The rest of the time is for a good rest or travelling to your next destination.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
4 Days Short Amdo Tibet Tour from Xining to Tongren
Xining-Xunhua-Tongren(Repkong) Longwu monastery Tour
5 Days Experience Tibetan Life Tour from Xining to Tongren
Xining-Tongren(Repkong),(hometown of 14th Dalai Lama)
5 Days Amdo Tibet Nomadic Life Experience Tour
Xining - Tongren(Repkong) - Kusum - Camping at Kusum
9 Days Amdo Area Tour, Tongren, Hometown of the 14th Dalai Lama
6 Days Tibetan culture and nomadic life in Amdo Area
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 5 Days Short Xining Surrounding Tour