6 Days Amdo Tibet Exploration Tour
(ATT008) Xining-Qinghai Lake-Serdzong-Huashixia- Mt. Amnye Machen Tour
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
Qinghai Lake is the largest saltwater lake in china. Green prairie and golden canola flowers on the lakeside stretch as far as eyes can see. It becomes a harmonious and peaceful picture with dotted flocks and herds and blue sky. You couldn’t afford to miss the excellent hiking around holy mountains near Serdzong monastery. The stunning landscape, beautiful wild flowers all over the mountains, nomads’ tents and flocks and herds in Huashixia town are essential subjects for taking photos.
You can appreciate Mt. Amnye Machen, one of four holy mountains in Tibet, and the other three are Mt. Kailash, Mt. Gongga and Meri Snow Mountain. However, few people have set foot on this holy mountain, so it is less well-known to tourists. But it still has a high reputation in the hearts of Tibetan pilgrims.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrive in XiningDay 2
Xining – Qinghai Lake TourDay 3
Qinghai Lake - SerdzongDay 4
Serdzong – HuashixiaDay 5
Huashixia day tourDay 6
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Xining
Transfer to hotel for a good rest after arriving in Xining airport or train station.
Stay overnight in Xining
Day 2: Xining – Qinghai Lake Tour
Drive to the south shore of Qinghai Lake, the largest lake in China. The grasslands near the lake are home to Tibetan nomads herding their yaks and sheep. A hiking by the lake should be wonderful.
Stay overnight by Qinghai Lake
Day 3: Qinghai Lake - Serdzong
Day 4: Serdzong – Huashixia
We will drive through nomadic grasslands to the small town of Huashixia. The name means “lower mountain gorge” and comes from the wide variety of diminutive flowers growing on the mountain at the southern edge of town. Tent-dwelling nomads herd goats and yak, and consistently reside at 14,000 feet above sea level in the plains surrounding the tiny town.
Stay overnight in Huashixia
Day 5: Huashixia day tour
Visit the famous holiest mountain in Amdo Tibet area, Amnye Machen. It is also one of the four main holy mountains in Tibetan area along with Kailash, Gongga and Meri Snow Mountain. This less known holy mountain is equally as important to the Tibetan people as the more well known Mt. Kailash in west Tibet.
Stay overnight in Huashixia
Day 6: Huashixia –Xining
Drive back to Xining. Along the way you will pass through vast grasslands.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
4 Days Short Amdo Tibet Tour from Xining to Tongren
Xining-Xunhua-Tongren(Repkong) Longwu monastery Tour
5 Days Short Xining Surrounding Tour
Xining-Qinghai Lake, Ta’er & Serdzong Monastery
6 Days Tibetan culture and nomadic life in Amdo Area
5 Days Amdo Tibet Nomadic Life Experience Tour
Xining - Tongren(Repkong) - Kusum - Camping at Kusum
9 Days Amdo Area Tour, Tongren, Hometown of the 14th Dalai Lama
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 6 Days Amdo Tibet Exploration Tour