5 Days Experience Tibetan Life Tour from Xining to Tongren
(ATT004) Xining-Tongren(Repkong),(hometown of 14th Dalai Lama)
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
Tongren county is located at the heart of Tibetan Amdo, where there are monasteries in every village and almost everyone can paint Thangkas. Tourists will enjoy themselves lingering on mysterious religion sites and stunning natural scenery, exquisite Regong art, magical custom. Tongren is well-known in the world because it is the hometown of 14th Dalai Lama, who was the leader of former Tibetan theocracy but exiled to India.
In addition, Labrang monastery is one of the highlights, which was the political and teaching center of Gannan region. As one of six major monasteries of Gelug Sect of Tibetan Buddhism, Labrang monastery keeps the best teaching system of Tibetan Buddhism in the world at present.
At a GlanceDay 1
Arrive in XiningDay 2
Xining to Tongren TourDay 3-4
Tongren tourDay 5
Tongren – Xining
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Xining
Transfer to hotel for a good rest after arriving in Xining airport or train station.
Stay overnight in Xining
Day 2: Xining to Tongren Tour
Drive 200km from Xining to Tongren. It takes four hours to finish this driving. The three large monasteries of Rongwo, Gomar and Wutun in Tongren are all great for exploring. There are several art centers in town where you can see artists painting traditional Tibetan Thangkas.
Stay overnight in Tongren
Day 3-4: Tongren tour
Day 5: Tongren – Xining
Drive back to Xining from Tongren. The rest of the time is for a good rest or you can travel to next destination.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
4 Days Short Amdo Tibet Tour from Xining to Tongren
Xining-Xunhua-Tongren(Repkong) Longwu monastery Tour
5 Days Short Xining Surrounding Tour
Xining-Qinghai Lake, Ta’er & Serdzong Monastery
6 Days Tibetan culture and nomadic life in Amdo Area
9 Days Amdo Area Tour, Tongren, Hometown of the 14th Dalai Lama
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 5 Days Experience Tibetan Life Tour from Xining to Tongren