4 Days Short Amdo Tibet Tour from Xining to Tongren
(ATT003) Xining-Xunhua-Tongren(Repkong) Longwu monastery Tour
Escorted by private guide and vehicle; leave 365 days a year!
Easy - suitable for all levels of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
Trip Level Guide:
- Easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.
- Moderate - suitable for ones with average level fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 yrs.
- Moderate to Strenous - suitable for ones physically fit; have experiences of high altitude trek.
- Strenuous: suitable for adventures and individual with physically fit and healthy.
In addition to natural landscape along the way and diverse culture of multi-ethnic people, you can know more about two important figures who play an important role in Tibetan Buddhism in modern times.
One is 10th Panchen Lama, who was born in Xunhua, while the other is 14th Dalai Lama, born in Tongren, Both of whom play an important role in the development of Tibet and china. 10th Panchen Lama stayed in Tibet and passed into Parinirvana in Shigatse, whereas 14th Dalai Lama was exiled to India and stayed there. Their home is only a few dozen kilometers apart.
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Xining - Mengda Lake - Xunhua (230km)
Drive about 110km from Xining to Mengda Nature Reserve, located at southeast of Xining. It is a flourishing area of natural beauty. Mengda Lake sits in the mountains at an elevation of over 3200m/10,500 feet, and is surrounded by Evergreen forests.
Then keep forward to Xunhua, a small town. Xunhua is home to Salar people who originally came to the Tibetan Plateau from Uzbekistan over 500 years ago.
Stay overnight in Xunhua
Day 2: Xunhua-Tongren (80km)
Drive along grasslands to Tongren, with a stop on the way to visit Nomads or enjoy a short hiking. Tongren is home to three large Tibetan Buddhist monasteries and is famous across Tibet for its artists. Arrive in Tongren in the afternoon.
Stay overnight in Tongren
Day 3: Tongren day tour
First visit the Thangka artists village and Snage Shong monasteries. Tongren is famous for its Tibetan traditional paintings.
In the afternoon, visit Longwu monastery at the foot of the Xishan Mountain. The monastery had tremendous influences with its architectural scale and religious status that were just after the famous Labrang Monastery in Gansu Province and Tar Monastery in Qinghai.
Stay overnight in Tongren
Day 4: Tongren-Xining (200km)
It takes about 4 hours to drive back to Xining from Tongren. The rest of the day, you can have a rest in Xining or visit Xining city or travel to your next destination.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip now !Enquire Now
You May Also Like
5 Days Short Xining Surrounding Tour
Xining-Qinghai Lake, Ta’er & Serdzong Monastery
5 Days Experience Tibetan Life Tour from Xining to Tongren
Xining-Tongren(Repkong),(hometown of 14th Dalai Lama)
5 Days Amdo Tibet Nomadic Life Experience Tour
Xining - Tongren(Repkong) - Kusum - Camping at Kusum
6 Days Tibetan culture and nomadic life in Amdo Area
6 Days Amdo Tibet Exploration Tour
Xining-Qinghai Lake-Serdzong-Huashixia- Mt. Amnye Machen Tour
Most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
Get Started - 4 Days Short Amdo Tibet Tour from Xining to Tongren