Best Travel Time to Tibet
Generally speaking, the best time to go to Tibet for holidays is from April to November. With the high promotion of winter city tours in Tibet, increasing tourists choose to go to Tibet in December, January, Februrary, and March. May or October is the better time to see the natural landscape in Tibet. The time to enjoy the optimum temprature is from July to September.
1. Tourists are able to visit Central Tibet including Lhasa, Gyangtse, Shigatse, Tsedang and Nyingtri all the year around.
2. Toursits who do the trekking tour choose the time from May to the end of October. Ngari Area like Mt. Kailash trekking tour is accessible only till the end of September from May.
3. The overland tour from Lhasa Kathmandu is also available all the year around
4. If tourists want to drive from Chengdu, Yunnan, Xining and Kashgar, they could come in the period from early May to the end of October.
5. Some lakes at the high altitude like Namtso Lake can be visited from May to October.
6. July and August are both the summer vacation time of students and teachers in China, so most domestic tourists will choose July or August to go to Tibet by train or plane, which causes the hard booking to the train or air tickets, hotels or even tours. Just to adjust the holiday time, tourists could avoid the crowded tourists in Tibet.
|pages:1/3 Per page20 Count42|
More Tibet Travel Tips
Avoid Altitude Sickness
Best Travel Time
Tips for Photography Fans
Tips for Eating
Tips for Lodging
Tips for Tibet Train Travel
Tour Guides Available
Everest Base Camp Visit
Tips for flying to Tibet